Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Democrat Joaquin Castro Under Fire for Doxing Trump's Texas Donors Online

Faces backlash from both sides following attempt to smear Trump's backers

By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle on 8th August 2019 @ 1.00am

© press Democrat Joaquin Castro posted Trump donors' information online

Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro is facing a mounting backlash from Democrats and Republicans after he doxed President Donald Trump's Texas donors. Joaquin Castro, the twin brother of 2020 Democrat Julian Castro, posted the names and employers of dozens of Trump campaign donors in the San Antonio area.

The Texas congressman is attempting to defend his actions, despite prominent figures from outlets including MSNBC and The New York Times calling him out for the potentially dangerous post.“ https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...solutely-crazy

This is dangerous, by any campaign,” Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted in response to a post from the Washington Examiner’s David Drucker.

Haberman specifically said she did not want to retweet the image herself “because I don’t want to put these people’s names in my feed.”
    Maggie Haberman
    @maggieNYT

Replying to @DavidMDrucker

Don't want to RT this because I don't want to put these people's names in my feed but this is dangerous, by any campaign.

4:43 PM - Aug 6, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

4,200 people are talking about this

Journalist Yashar Ali called it “awful,” and said, “The campaign of a member of congress targeting individual donors, and their businesses, to another campaign (and not famous billionaires) is a terrible and dangerous precedent to set.”

Yashar Ali
    @yashar

The campaign of a member of congress targeting individual donors, and their businesses, to another campaign (and not famous billionaires) is a terrible and dangerous precedent to set.

Also, this isn't even Joaquin Castro's opponent.

Not that it would be ok if it were.

Awful https://twitter.com/Castro4Congress/status/1158576680182718464 …
    Joaquin Castro @Castro4Congress

Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of ⁦@BillMillerBarBQ⁩, owner of the ⁦@HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning, etc⁩.

Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’

4:51 PM - Aug 6, 2019

The Texas congressman's original tweet included a list of San Antonio residents who had donated large amounts to the Trump campaign, along with the names of their employers. It is unclear who actually compiled the list.

TRENDING: Sister of Killed El Paso Victims Says Democrats are Pure Evil for Blaming Trump
    https://neonnettle.com/news/8396-sis...-blaming-trump

“Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump," Castro tweeted, along with the Twitter handles of several owners of local businesses who apparently donated to Trump.“Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’”

© press Democrat Joaquin Castro is under fire from both sides over the move

According to Fox News, MSNBC’s Willie Geist pointed out the risk during a Wednesday morning interview with Castro, who is the campaign chairman for his brother, 2020 presidential hopeful Julian Castro. https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cas...g-trump-donors

“What do you say to those people this morning who said I made a campaign donation and now I’m going to be harassed, I’m going to have people protesting outside my business or perhaps even my home … what do you want from them?” Geist asked.

Castro said his intention was not to put anyone in danger, claiming, “I don’t want anybody harassed.”“But they will be because you put their names in public,” Geist said.

Avoid Internet censorship by subscribing to us directlyCastro again said, “That was not my intention,” and Geist again insisted, “But that’s what will happen.”When Geist pointed out that “there are 11 retirees and one homemaker,” who are on the list, Castro simply said, “I didn’t make the graphic.”

© press Rep. Joaquin Castro chairs the campaign for his twin brother - 2020 Democrat Julian Castro

Several prominent Republicans also slammed Castro for the post, including Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, who is from Castro’s home state.Cruz said that what Castro did is “wrong” and that “elected representatives should not be vilifying & doxxing their own constituents.”
    Ted Cruz
    @tedcruz
    EVERYONE needs to tone the hateful partisan rhetoric way down. This is WRONG & Castro should retract it. In our constitutional Republic, the People rightly hold their representatives accountable; elected representatives should not be vilifying & doxxing their own constituents. https://twitter.com/castro4congress/status/1158576680182718464 …

Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of ⁦@BillMillerBarBQ⁩, owner of the ⁦@HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning, etc⁩.

Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as ‘invaders.’

5:34 PM - Aug 6, 2019

24K people are talking about this

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy called it “shameful and dangerous,” and implied that Castro was motivated by his brother Julian's presidential campaign.
    “Targeting and harassing Americans because of their political beliefs is shameful and dangerous,” McCarthy said.

“What happened to 'when they go low, we go high?'

"Or does that no longer matter when your brother is polling at 1%? Americans deserve better.”
    Kevin McCarthy
    @kevinomccarthy

Targeting and harassing Americans because of their political beliefs is shameful and dangerous. What happened to “when they go low, we go high?” Or does that no longer matter when your brother is polling at 1%? Americans deserve better. https://twitter.com/Castro4Congress/status/1158576680182718464 …

4:42 PM - Aug 6, 2019

36.6K people are talking about this

“How low have Dems sunk?” Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh tweeted.

“This is Joaquin Castro, Congressman & chair of his brother’s campaign.

"Naming private citizens & their employers, targeting them for their political views and exercising 1st Amendment rights.”

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, who was the victim of a politically-motivated shooting in 2017, also flagged the tweet.

“People should not be personally targeted for their political views. Period," Scalise tweeted Tuesday."

This isn’t a game. It’s dangerous, and lives are at stake. "I know this firsthand."

[RELATED] Corey Booker Echoes Maxine Waters' Calls for Violence Against Conservatives https://neonnettle.com/news/4638-cor...-conservatives

https://neonnettle.com/news/8400-dem...-donors-online
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unrelenting ATTACKS on Trump, his family, and his supporters for over two years now.

Attacks against Judge Kavanaugh, his appointees, his press secretaries, it never ends!

These people need to be reprimanded and this needs to stop now!

This harassment is very dangerous...the Dems are inciting this violence and hate.

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12