Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Riots? Yes. Heck, they're already threatening riots for little or no reason. Civil disobedience of different sorts.

I'm ready for them to LEAVE...but I figure if there are no jobs they'll just turn to crime...burglary, robberies, etc and try to hang around.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    <snip>there will be no riots... now some people may be in the street but no real riot ... and that only when the word is given about inforcement ... it will take a year or so to get things moving and the country will have time to adjust ...
    I'm of an entirely different opinion. We'll be dealing with individuals in crisis. Incendiary riots are unavoidable. Some adjustments of the self-deportation proposal may have to be better thought out. People made poorer hardly have the means to self-deport. Let me temporarily put myself in the shoes of an illegal immigrant for one scenario:

"My name is Pedro. I live and work in a machine shop in Wenatchee, Washington. My son is 17 and going to school One day I come home and tell my wife I just lost my job because of the new demands for legal verification. She's working for some lady who pays her cash, so she continues to work there while I find another job. In a few months the federales crack down at that job as well. I find odd jobs for a while, but in another year it becomes too tough to make the payments on car and house. I keep the car but the house goes into forfeit. I feel like I have been cheated by the US government. We're not the only ones in this boat though. A lot of my friends lost their work too, most are boiling over with anger.

My wife and son and I pack up and go to an Oregon state where there's plenty of construction work and where people aren't that strict. But when we get there, hundreds of others kicked out of their jobs arrive. They don't need me after all. Some of the younger guys get hired but not me. I'm starting to get frantic. Everyone wants legal workers now. The jobs I can get are starting to thin out. All I can get is day jobs. But people are not as willing to hire us illegals anymore.

Petty crime is an option, of course, but I'm not like that. So I send letters off to Mecha and even to the church. To everyone who will listen. We have "legal" friends helping as well. I find a place to stay at a cousins house. We are lucky because many illegal brothers are sleeping in their cars. But my cousin says we can't stay for long because we can't pay our way.

Our presidente Fox now steps in, he calls the American politicians ugly names. He threatens them with all kinds of economic reprisals. The church calls the American government callous and unfair. We, illegals, gain a few jobs from people who feel they can abuse us now since they can report us. But mostly we just start massing , protesting, reaching out to the reporters, radio, tv about how badly we're treated "after all we've done for your country"

Finally the organizers of Mecha come down to places where we are out of work . Many of us have lost our homes and cars. My car is paid for at least.

Mecha and other Mexican organizations as well as ACLU organize our protests. Our young people are confused and angry now. They start throwing things, breaking things every night. We can't seem to control them. They don't want to leave America. Most of them, like my son, have never been to Mexico. They don't want to lose the stuff they've built up here. They are becoming more and more violent. I can't reason with my son any more.

I want to go back to Mexico with my family, but I don't think I even have enough gas for the trip back. There are others at my cousin's house now. We are all desperate. My cousin is going to kick us all out next week because he can't really feed us on what his salary and most of us can't find work. The only thing I did today was protest. I can't drive back to Mexico with no money and no gas, can I ? Even if I could get there I need to live until I find work.

The young people are rioting today. Yesterday they caused a lot of damage. Some got arrested. But even so, my wife says we must go join them again. Mecha said there will be over 5,000 of us at this protest tonight. We are all frightened and becoming more angry at what America has done to us."

That tells of ONE possible scenario. But even for the fear of riots and upleavals LOSING our nation to this INVASION IS NOT AN OPTION! I do not consent !
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Good plan except for item 4. "take responsibility for not securing the borders". The American People are not responsible for the US Government failing to enforce US Immigration Law. The individuals in the US Government responsible for ignoring US Immigration Law; their duties; their jobs; and their sworn oaths...are responsible.

This "take responsibility" has occurred before in our history. The result is the mess we have today. Should we let all drug dealers and drug users out of prison because we failed to enforce our drug laws and not prevent ther crimes?

Illegal aliens came here knowing they were violating our laws the same as a speeder, the same as a rapist, the same as a drunk driver, the same as a thief, a robber, a liar, a fraud, a cheat, a swindler....any law breaker.

It is NOT the responsibility of the American People to remedy the illegal alien presence in our country.

It is time for illegal aliens TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for hopping our borders by hopping right back over the border and hiking to their nation and camping there....where they belong.

No Amnesty.

No Guest Worker Program.

Deport all these people.

Get them out and keep them out.

Judy, I disagree. Our government is powered by the people. If they fail us, it is our responsibility to fix the system and make it work. If we suddenly start to take action years later, we have a mess on our hands that is partially due to our own laziness.

As far as people crossing the borders know it is illegal, I would say not. They probably see it as a loophole rather than an actual law. Why? Because we have not enforced it. We have enforced traffic laws, violent crime laws, etc. But we have not enforced laws regarding our borders. It is not fair to allow people to cross, establish new lives with homes, jobs, bills, and new friends and then turn around and say, "Well, we've decided to start taking our laws seriously, so now you have to leave." If we want people to respect our immigration laws, we have to first enforce the laws, THEN punish people who break the laws we are enforcing -not the other way around.

Crossing the border illegally is wrong no matter how you look at it. But if we provide a way and turn a blind eye for years, we simply cannot go back and say, "Just kidding! Time to leave!" It's unethical.

a ) Anarchy/riots?
    b )Work stoppage?
    c )War with Mexico?
    d ) International pressure?
    e )American lifestyle will suffer?
    f )Finally some order?

A) Most definitely, these people have already shown they have a propensity for violence.
    B)If this is done over a period of time the work stoppage should be reasonable, unless they strike, then in that case round them up and deport them and hire americans, we will have to suffer the loss for a short time, but not forever.
    c)Not likely they rely too much on the money they get from our corporations and tourism.
    d)some, but we must do what is best for our country, not others.
    e)Doubtful, it should improve and crime should drop.
    f)yes most definitely as these people are creating chaos and clogging all of our social systems.

I agree with the money we will save we can surely afford to deport them, starting with all companies checking the status of all of their employees, deporting those with illegal documents, then all those arrested checked and deported. That is a huge portion of them right there. Anchor babies go with their illegal parents. We are going to have to suffer a bit to get rid of these illegal aliens, but the sacrifice will be worth it in the long run to have our country back.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JustSayNo
    I'm of an entirely different opinion. We'll be dealing with individuals in crisis. Incendiary riots are unavoidable. Some adjustments of the self-deportation proposal may have to be better thought out. People made poorer hardly have the means to self-deport. Let me temporarily put myself in the shoes of an illegal immigrant for one scenario:
    I think the US gov. will have no problem providing transport to Mexico. My concern is that we are pretty much in trouble no matter what.

Deport them: Violence

Amnesty: They lose their jobs and become criminals

Doing nothing: Lose our country

Give them green cards: More illegals, unsustainable, sells out our legal poor.

I vote for the riots. We can live with that short term.

Quote Originally Posted by Daculling
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSayNo
    I think the US gov. will have no problem providing transport to Mexico. My concern is that we are pretty much in trouble no matter what.

Deport them: Violence

Amnesty: They lose their jobs and become criminals

Doing nothing: Lose our country

Give them green cards: More illegals, unsustainable, sells out our legal poor.

I vote for the riots. We can live with that short term.
    Agree, but these late wars might come back to hunt us.
    Now there is even word of attacking Iran.
    Our back door is open and we might not be able to shut it for good. We might be spreading ourselves too thin!
    Kudos to Jorge Bush!
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Guess that is a chance we will have to take to get our country back.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The scenario of Pedro is a scenario that many Americans have faced in this country. They have nowhere to go - no 'homeland'. This is their homeland and they have been displaced - by Pedro and his fellow countrymen.

Well it be messy - you bet. It is messy now - and getting messier.

The law needs to be enforced against the employers and at the same time the government should warn the illegals what is being done and 'suggest strongly' they get their house in order, liquidate and return home while they still have some resources.

And no, these people know it is illegal - they are well aware of it. Just because no one is sending them home, does not lessen the illegality of it. t doesn't mean they don't think they will be sent home - why in the world do you think they are protesting. They know it's wrong - they know they can - and they truly understand they should be sent home. They know Americans would be sent home from their country. They just hope they can scream, yell, threaten and with all the power and money in this country on their side - they just might win.

They also are well aware they are taking money from the American taxpayers in the form of freebies and they are well aware the employers are hiring them and firing Americans.

I have dealt with many of the women who steal - they know they are stealing, they teach the kids to steal, they just keep stealing until someone stops them. You would be surprised at the number of people who are not willing to call them on it. I am not one of them - I call them everytime.

Folks, these are not simple peasants who can't grasp the concept of right and wrong. They are oppotunists - but they know what they are doing.

If you have a growth in your body that is draining the life from you - you cut it out. It will be painful, it might be costly, it won't be comfortable, and you might loose some body parts - but the alternative death.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good one Judy!

"When their parents are deported, all dependents under the age of 21 go with the parents with NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND."

Puts a whole new twist to Curious George's blathering! After all, he is "the decider who decides", and that's that![/quote]
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

badthingsman?

Badthingsman wrote:

"Crossing the border illegally is wrong no matter how you look at it. But if we provide a way and turn a blind eye for years, we simply cannot go back and say, "Just kidding! Time to leave!" It's unethical."

What? Are you using hallucinogens? Who is "we"? You and your pet chimichanga? I thought I wasn't reading right...how did you get into an ethics debate usually found in entry level (utopian) college courses? My God, you cannot be serious! I haven't turned a blind eye, nor hired Illegals, nor engaged in conspiracy to do so---have you?

It sounds like some guilt bubbling there---NOOOOOOOOOO! Don't tell me---you had an Au Pair? Or maybe a Maid? Or someone that cut your lawn? OK---you can repent; your kids are grown-ups, your lawn has been replaced by condominium services, and since your divorce, you have no need for a maid anymore! Am I right? Now GET IN LINE FOR THE VIOLINS!

STAND UP AND DELIVER - NO WHINING ALLOWED!

PS
    The "W" in "we" is not "me"!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast