Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The DHS funding bill shows the skewed priorities of GOP appropriators

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That isn't true!! He threatened to veto 3 such bills in the Senate this year. He required his 4 pillar 70 point plan before he would agree to the DACA Amnesty.
    Oh, please spare us. Trump has made plenty of threats that he hasn't followed through on. The first one that comes to mind is his campaign promise to end DACA once he was in the White House.

One of Trump's primary campaign promises was to build a border wall and he is desperate. So desperate he is already fibbing by telling us it is being built as we speak!

IMO, it's delusional to think he won't make some serious concessions for the funding he's desperate for.
    Last edited by MW; 08-01-2018 at 05:09 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    No where in this thread did I mention Goodlatte bill or MacArthur vote.

You were the one who first brought in 70 point plant at comment #4
    No, MW brought up the DACA amnesty bills which are the bills we're talking about, and you "liked" it, because you were discussing the Goodlatte bill on another thread attacking MacArthur for voting for it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Yoder’s Full Embrace of Trump Gets Him a Ticket on Air Force One

TUESDAY, JULY 24, 2018 // KEVIN YODERAny questions about where Kevin Yoder stands when it comes to President Trump have been cleared up with his full embrace of President Trump’s agenda – voting with him 92 percent of the time – and now palling around on Air Force One after earning the President’s full-throated endorsement. The DCCC released the following statement on Yoder’s full embrace of President Trump:
    “Kevin Yoder has gone all in on President Trump,” said DCCC Spokeswoman Rachel Irwin. “Make no mistake, Kevin Yoder is not moderate, and his full embrace of President Trump and the harmful GOP agenda will be a huge political liability in this suburban district that is trending in Democrats’ favor.”

Trump expected to address 4,000 veterans at VFW convention; here’s his KC schedule | Kansas City Star
    […]
    Yoder on board

U.S. Rep. Kevin Yoder hopped aboard Air Force One Tuesday morning to join President Donald Trump during his visit to Kansas City.

It’s a sign both of the Trump administration’s commitment to re-electing Yoder this fall and of the Johnson County Republican’s increasing willingness to associate himself with the president’s brand.

His spokesman, C.J. Grover, confirmed in a text message that Yoder was aboard the plane Tuesday morning and that he would be returning to Washington, D.C., Tuesday evening ahead of the House Appropriations Committee’s markup of the Homeland Security budget the following day.

The Kansas congressman chairs the subcommittee that crafted the budget.
    Yoder has voted consistently for Trump’s agenda, but has avoided connecting himself directly to the president until recent.

Yoder represents Kansas’ 3rd District, which Democrat Hillary Clinton narrowly won in 2016.

Trump’s visit follows a trip by Vice President Mike Pence earlier this month, which included a fundraiser for Yoder.

Yep, after his (Yoder) discussion with Trump, he got off the plane and commenced to push through the Price amendment, not to mention a few expanding guest worker amendments, the very next day. The information you posted sure makes it sound like Yoder's agenda and Trump's are closely linked.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Oh, please spare us. Trump has made plenty of threats that he hasn't followed through on. The first one that comes to mind is his campaign promise to end DACA once he was in the White House.

One of Trump's primary campaign promises was to build a border wall and he is desperate. So desperate he is already fibbing by telling us it is being built as we speak!

IMO, it's delusional to think he want make some serious concessions for the funding he's desperate for.
    Why would Trump be "desperate"? What is he "desperate" about?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, MW brought up the DACA amnesty bills which are the bills we're talking about, and you "liked" it, because you were discussing the Goodlatte bill on another thread attacking MacArthur for voting for it.
    Are you keeping track of post that I like?

then you give the reason that I liked it----are you a mind reader?

then you bring other threads I respond to into this thread

then you claim I attack MacArthur----I only posted his voting record, until you made a snarky comment to me
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

MW
    Why would Trump be "desperate"? What is he "desperate" about?
    Oh, come on. You smart enough to figure that out without me spelling it out, aren't you?

E-G-O (saving face).
    e·go

/ˈēɡō/

noun

• 1.a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance

To feed his ego, he needs to get the border wall he promised built. That in itself is not a bad thing. However, the potential problem comes with what he's willing to trade for it.

Geez, he's not even asking for the full 25 billion dollars needed to build the wall, just 5 billion. Are tens of millions more asylum approvals and potentially hundreds of thousands more foreign workers worth it? Personally, I don't think so.

Are you keeping track of post that I like?

then you give the reason that I liked it----are you a mind reader?

then you bring other threads I respond to into this thread

then you claim I attack MacArthur----I only posted his voting record, until you made a snarky comment to me
    My advice to you is attack the DemoQuacks behind this disaster, not the Republicans who get caught up in it. Take it or leave it, it really doesn't matter to me what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

Oh, come on. You smart enough to figure that out without me spelling it out, aren't you?

To feed his ego, he needs to get the border wall he promised built. That in itself is not a bad thing. However, the potential problem comes with what he's willing to trade for it.

Geez, he's not even asking for the full 25 billion dollars needed to build the wall, just 5 billion. Are tens of millions more asylum approvals and potentially hundreds of thousands more foreign workers worth it? Personally, I don't think so.

He asked for $25 billion and got shot down. It was revised to $1.6 billion, same as last year. Then Yoder added another $5 billion. It won't pass the Senate, anyway, so don't worry about it. It probably won't even pass the House by the time it's said and done. There will be no bill passed that we want until we have a SuperMajority of at least 60 Republicans in the US Senate. What is it about this FACT that you don't understand?

My advice to you is attack the DemoQuacks behind this disaster, not the Republicans who get caught up in it. Take it or leave it, it really doesn't matter to me what you do.

The Republicans did not get caught up in it, they were the majority, therefore this is what they wanted. The Fifth Column at work.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

The Republicans did not get caught up in it, they were the majority, therefore this is what they wanted. The Fifth Column at work.
    Whatever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast