Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    And the Obamas of the world move to their elite neighborhoods where they don't experience first hand the impact of the massive influx of low-skilled, impoverished illegal immigrants.
    They need Democratic voters, silly!

Meanwhile, the middle class is told to "shut up," accept it, and pay for it. And if you dare speak up, well, you know what happens.
    If you don't want to pay for it, you're selfish and greedy.

Oh, I forgot racist. That too...

Seriously though, it infuriatess me how people can call me selfish just because might not choose to give it to groups that somebody else deems worthy. If I want a direct say in who gets to benefit from my own money, I am greedy?
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTC
    And the Obamas of the world move to their elite neighborhoods where they don't experience first hand the impact of the massive influx of low-skilled, impoverished illegal immigrants.
    They need Democratic voters, silly!

Meanwhile, the middle class is told to "shut up," accept it, and pay for it. And if you dare speak up, well, you know what happens.
    If you don't want to pay for it, you're selfish and greedy.

Oh, I forgot racist. That too...

Seriously though, it infuriatess me how people can call me selfish just because might not choose to give it to groups that somebody else deems worthy. If I want a direct say in who gets to benefit from my own money, I am greedy?
    O-yaw! That reminds me! I remembered another important part of the email I sent them.

(I didn’t think any of them would write back, so I didn’t save my email to them. So I put my best recall to work for this post, so to explain why I got the email from Durbin)

Anyway - Right after I said [color=blue]“and NO ONE HELPED ME!â€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Look I told you our Governor is on his way to prison. Also note the name Antoin "Tony" Rezko. (If you don’t know him, he is the one that has been in the news for having dealings with both Obama, and the Clintons).

--------------------------

Swirls of smoke around governor
    4/4/2008

Belleville News Democrat Editorial

Gov. Rod Rod Blagojevich's spokesman is insistent: The governor doesn't trade jobs for votes.

But a former legislative aide apparently thought he might -- and was bold enough to put it in writing.

The aide, Joseph Handley, told the patronage office in 2003 that the administration wanted to transfer an Agriculture Department employee into a position that by law has to be filled by merit, not patronage. His goal was to create an opening for the secretary of then Sen. Larry Walsh. "If this can be confirmed, it helps me w/Walsh on important vote."

This particular deal never happened, but a lot questionable hires have. U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald has said he's investigating "very serious allegations of endemic hiring fraud." The administration has done things like hire people as interns, wink, wink, apparently to skirt various state hiring rules like veterans preference. One example cited by the Associated Press: Nicholas Reitz, son of Steeleville Rep. Dan Reitz, was hired as a $40,000 intern even though he already was a full-time state legislative liaison.

News of the e-mail came out in the midst of the federal corruption trial of Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a former Blagojevich fund-raiser. Prosecutors say Rezko helped convince Blagojevich to not consolidate several pension funds and in exchange a pension board member, Stuart Levine, agreed to help reward Blagojevich's campaign contributors with pension contracts.

Blagojevich denies any wrongdoing in all these situations. Of course, you wouldn't expect him to do otherwise. But can there really be all this smoke without a fire?
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I just bought my first condo a year ago and can't relate to the stupidity of some people. Any decent realtor will tell you to get a lawyer to look over the mortgage, which I did. If ANY of these people bothered to pay the $300-500 it takes to hire a lawyer they would've known exactly what to expect.

Now, due to their own stupidity, the govenment "has" to help. Who pays? The rest of us who have common sense. But DO NOT be fooled. The Fed isn't helping to keep people in their homes. They're helping because the banks can't afford to have so many unsellable homes on the books.

What's next, the banks that made these questionable loans start having mass foreclosures. Of course, they happily took the profits made on the ARMs that were paid. But for those left, since they can't afford to own that many foreclosed homes...

Once again, the Fed steps in and saves them. Who gets to pay, yep, responsible people.

This is a training exercise gone awry! What are we supposed to learn from this? From what I can tell, the moral is that by doing everything irresponsibly someone will bail you out, while if you do everything right you get to pay more.

Smart people will look at this broadly and ask, who wins? The banks still win because now they're getting money from the Fed cheaper than ever. The irresponsible people win by having their ARM rates frozen. Who loses? Everyone who does things carefully and responsibly.

What is wrong with this picture???

Congressman Rahm Emanuel's reply came back today.
    He isn't going to help. Why should he, 75% of his district is Latino (Legal and illegal)

(I don't know why he referring to homeland security?)

------------

From: "Congressman Rahm Emanuel" <imail05@mail.house.gov>
    To: <xxxxxx@xxxx.net>
    Subject: Re: WriteRep Responses
    Date: Friday, April 11, 2008 4:07:50 PM

Dear Xxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts regarding homeland security. Your views are important to me, and I appreciate hearing from you.

I am committed to a common sense approach to the problems facing the Fifth District, and I will continue to propose and support sensible legislation that makes Illinois, and the country at large, a better place for our families to live. I assure you I will take your opinion into consideration as I carry out this task.

As a lifelong resident of Chicago, it is a tremendous privilege, honor and responsibility to represent the Fifth Congressional District of Illinois. I am working hard on issues that matter most to residents of our community, including making health care more affordable and accessible, ensuring our environment is protected for our children, and developing a budget that reflects the values of our families.

Again, thank you for sharing your views about this important matter. Please log onto www.house.gov/emanuel for continued updates on my work, and do not hesitate to contact me again about those issues that are important to you. It is an honor to serve you in the U.S. Congress.

--------------------------

That means Obama is the only one "too busy" to reply!

Thanks for the info MIC. Sad state of affairs indeed. I've thought about possibly moving to Illinois, but from what I've read on ALIPAC I'll never move there now. I'll cross this state off my list.
    Illinois is horrible. If you have to move to the midwest, Indiana is a much better choice.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Pr*** Durbin, Obama and angry former ballerina Rahm Emanuel will end up destroying this state.

let's be fair! our govenor blago is helping destroy this state also!

chicago has the highest sales tax of any city. so now neighboring towns are seeing sales tax as 'free' money and increasing theirs. our town north west of chicago increased sales tax this last week and the town right next to us also increased sales tax. oh and we can't forget all the increases in property taxes to build NEW schools for the hords of illegals flowing in. houses aren't selling (except to illegals). .... sorry when i get on a roll it's hard to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Pr*** Durbin, Obama and angry former ballerina Rahm Emanuel will end up destroying this state.

let's be fair! our govenor blago is helping destroy this state also!

chicago has the highest sales tax of any city. so now neighboring towns are seeing sales tax as 'free' money and increasing theirs. our town north west of chicago increased sales tax this last week and the town right next to us also increased sales tax. oh and we can't forget all the increases in property taxes to build NEW schools for the hords of illegals flowing in. houses aren't selling (except to illegals). .... sorry when i get on a roll it's hard to stop.

And let's hope this govenor is on his way to jail, just like the last one. (the crook)

Also, The way I herad it to be is that Cook County (Which most of is Chicago, for those who don't know) has the highest taxES in ALL groups over the rest of the country. Sale tax, the sin taxes (beer wine, cigs) home tax car plates and stickers, picking your nose tax, (No wait, not that one yet, but give them time)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast