Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Disloyal Citizen Owers Apology to Minutemen (ltr to editor)

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php? ... uestminute

Guest Opinion: Disloyal Citizen owes apology to Minutemen

June 14, 2005
    J. CHRIS KING
    Tucson Citizen

History has now proved that your March 7 editorial ("A plea to the Minutemen: Stay home") was not based on legitimate facts or events.
    This underhanded and inflammatory piece could only have been the product of the prejudice and bias apparently existing in your offices.

It is most disturbing that your paper felt it appropriate to issue a statement critical of American citizens based on a "presumption of behavior" yet issue no statement toward foreign trespassers whose "existing behavior" violates countless federal, state and local laws, repeatedly, on a daily basis.

I searched your archives in an attempt to locate a Tucson Citizen editorial directed toward illegal immigrants. Not surprisingly, no such editorial exists.

With your dark predictions of this "ill-conceived" project in mind, I attended and participated in this event. Witnessing it firsthand confirmed to me that your assessment was inappropriate and fraudulent in every aspect.

Your opening line referred to "hundreds of armed, volunteer Minutemen." Of the 800 participants, fewer than a few dozen carried sidearms.

You then "question why a Californian feels compelled to protect the Cochise County border."

That stretch between Sierra Vista and Douglas is the most traveled route of countless drug runners, human smugglers and illegal immigrants.

The damage to public and private property is immeasurable. Yet your paper has the nerve to question why an American citizen would want that area protected? Oh, please.

You go on to ask "will their activities stop at this?" Well, they did stop at that. Surely you're not disappointed?

You claimed the organizers "encouraged" bringing firearms. There is a difference between "allowed" and "encouraged." The Minuteman Project's policy on firearms was beyond reproach. Anyone removing a pistol from its holster was immediately expelled from the group. No exceptions.

You referred to them as "veritable strangers" and said that "makes us mighty nervous."

Let's see if I have this right. A group of American citizens, made up of mostly retired firefighters, law enforcement and other professionals, gathering to form an open and organized neighborhood watch on our border, scares you.

My question would be: How do you feel about veritable "foreign" strangers, who we know consist of drug runners, human smugglers, felons, uneducated, unskilled and "very desperate individuals," sneaking across our borders, trashing and vandalizing our lands and wreaking havoc on our country's generous social services?

Hmm. You must be under your desk.

No, the Minuteman Project has proved to be a sterling attempt, by loyal and lawful citizens, to bring attention to a very serious situation. They did exactly what they had professed to do (contrary to your unwarranted distrust.)

Considering Civil Home Defense's record, which includes 137 documented humanitarian assists before the Minuteman Project, it is inconceivable to think the Tucson Citizen could make an honest miscalculation on the integrity of the organizers and their ability to orchestrate and sustain a sincere, successful neighborhood watch.
    Surely you are not suggesting the Citizen would not approve of having Americans provide protection, by their mere presence, for the hundreds of Cochise County residents whose property rights are trampled daily and the resulting millions of U.S. citizens whose resources are being consumed by a high-maintenance and needy mass migration?

The business of news comes with a tremendous amount of responsibility. Foremost is a commitment to the truth. I do not believe the Tucson Citizen has demonstrated this commitment.

No, your attempt to convey to your readership a distorted and underhanded assessment of this group's profile and intentions has not gone unnoticed. It smacks of bias and a hidden agenda.

Your lack of empathy for the victims of illegal immigration has been a slap in the face of your community and your fellow American citizens.

Don't fool yourself into believing your readership hasn't noticed the abhorrent lack of loyalty and obvious mistrust you have shown to the very community you serve.

Now that the project has been completed, manifesting absolutely none of your distorted predictions, wouldn't you agree it is time for the Citizen to offer a public apology to the decent U.S. citizens called the Minutemen?

J. Chris King is a self-employed contractor in Phoenix.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like that. I think that many media sources and our PRESIDENT owe an apology to the MMP. YESSSS

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Mr. King did good!!!

He nailed the phony critics of the MMP and clearly pointed out their obvious hypocrisy which is clear for anyone with half a brain to see.

Very well written letter. Did they actually publish it in its entirety? I can barely get the Charlotte Observer to print two lines of any letter I send them.
    When we gonna wake up?