Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I moved to South Florida from Texas, and I'm very accustomed to illegal aliens around me. After Hurricane Wilma, last summer, it became obvious how prevalent illegals were. Some of them owned nice homes, but, possessed no home owners policies and demanded FEMA help.

Our condo was severely damaged, and FEMA was indifferent to us, even though we had over $20,000 in damages. Our homeowner's and condo association insurance is still haggling who will pay. FEMA could care less about us. Yet, it is outragious that these renegade aliens have successfully gained enough support to initially get the emergency funds to rebuild and regroup their families, while legal residents had to wait in line, unsuccessfully, I may add. The truth is that the political power that illegals have in this part of the country is astounding. Their strength is in numbers, and in sheer activism. It's time for that to change.

Pertaining to the topic, these illegals have seriously impacted many of our chances to get employment in certain professions. Firstly, these non-taxpaying bounders, will work for a fraction of what employers have to pay US citizens. These illegals often live four or five families to one home, and the noise, filth, and exposure to undesirables affects surrounding homes and families. When there is a violent rape, or murder, they disappear.

As far as my own experiences with employment in the past ten years, I have been turned down for healthcare positions for not speaking fluent Spanish. I am very qualified in my field, but, the primary goal of hospitals is to have employees who can cater to those who refuse to learn English. We are the ones who suffer. The majority of businesses and organizations require Spanish as a primary tongue, with English as the secondary one. Anyone in South Florida, especially Miami, will attest to this travesty.

In the malls, there are approximately 30% of vendors and businesses which possess no English speaking clerks and salespeople. I made a call to my physician's office in Miami, a receptionist answered in Spanish, and when I said I didn't speak Spanish, she hung up.

What bothers me the most is the climate of political correctness, which makes any protests to these outragious ingrates taking over America, seem like we're the heartless xenophobes. The truth is that they are the ones with utter contempt and hatred for America, and are true enemies of our way of life.

Considering the blood sacrifice of countless generations who fought to secure a unique country where all men could join this melting pot of equality, it is even more painful to see such arrogant, and obnoxious people march for rights that they do not deserve.

Let them abide by the tradition that all of our ancestors honored, by learning English, adopting patriotism and pride for this country, not trying to usurp and destroy America.

Sorry for my first post being filled with venom, but, I've reached my critical boiling point. I have always considered myself a tolerant person, and yet, I find myself hating these intruders who I see as destroying our country, and threatening our future.

I was put in the first grade and was not allowed to sit next to another Spanish speaking person or to speak Spanish in school.. The result was that by the second grade I could understand and speak fluent English. I received no special treatment and I was expected to sink or swim. I chose to swim.
    And that is the way it SHOULD be-- other than if kids are in this country illegally they shouldn't be in school AT ALL!

STELLA,
    As far as my own experiences with employment in the past ten years, I have been turned down for healthcare positions for not speaking fluent Spanish. I am very qualified in my field, but, the primary goal of hospitals is to have employees who can cater to those who refuse to learn English. We are the ones who suffer.
    Holy mackerel! I had no idea they were turning down medical personnel who couldn't speak Spanish. That is ludicrous! It has been a long time since I was in a hosptial but at that time, I was hoping someone would come along who could speak ENGLISH!

So in other words, what they are doing is catering to the people least likely to pay the bill or have insurance other than social assistance to pay the bill???

I won't write the stream of cuss words that are going through my head now...........
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Immigrantgrl
    to get a tag, legally, you need a legal drivers' license. There is now an insurance data base that reports to DMV, so if one does not have insurance in a state that requires it, the driver WILL be notified. Unless, of course you are here illegally with false documents and no paper trail... because we know that illegals can have very slippery identities.
    you're partly right... yes you need a legal drivers license to get a tag.. but it doesnt matter where the license is from. the dmv accepts licenses from any country in order to issue tags
    No I am not 'partly' right.
    I live in GA. If you are a resident of Georgia, meaning if you relocate to Georgia; after 30 days, you must obtain a valid Ga Drivers license and tag. Georgia DMV does not issue state tags for an out of state or out of country plate.

Per the Ga Dept. of Revenue:
    "Any person who is a resident of Georgia for thirty-days (30) must obtain a Georgia driver's license before registering & driving their vehicle in this state."

By the way, one MUST drive a registered vehicle, no matter where it is from. Police CAN and DO stop out of state and out of country vehicles to check their registration, or simply run computer checks from their cars.

Stella-They are dumbing down government workers in Texas and California by requiring most public contact positions be staffed by Spanish speakers. I rarely answer a phone in my office unless the clerical staff is out to lunch, but still I've answered the phone and had angry responses because no one in my office except the clerks speaks Spanish(private industry not withstanding). You wouldn't want women or children to hear my response.

Yep Junis they do discriminate against health workers, receptionists and all those sorts of jobs now. That's my beef coz that's what I do, did do. I understand the need to have someone to be able to communicate in those situations, but it's becoming mandatory and it's not a 2 way street. It's degrading and embarrassing enough to be old and ill having someone care for you in the most intimate ways and have them babble in a foreign language over you. They check up on English speaking health workers and they're punished if they say anything bad about a patient......but how can you get the same respect if you have no idea whats being said?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Stella, excellent post!
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I know of plenty of illegal immigrants, I see what they have turned my community and childhood neighborhood into. They have downgraded my civilization. They don't speak English, that's how you know who illegals are.

I grew up with Mexican kids and their parents immigrated legally. One of my best friend's mother worked as a radiologist on emergency medical choppers and her father worked for a defense contractor. They were model citizens and didn't live off of social programs. But they were proper immigrants and both were born in Mexico. Same could be said, for her aunt that migrated later.

You know, my friend and her family refered to them as wetbacks among other degrading names in Spanish. They have no respect for them either.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819