Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You all have received the same response that everyone else has. Does anyone know what company this guy worked for? Ha Nestle provided proof that he and his company has been fired? No! How are we going ot get proof? Are we just going to take their word for it? As far as I am concerned it looks like they are just talking smack to get us off their backs. I think everyone should demand proof.
    "The American people are slow to wrath, but when their wrath is once kindled, it burns like a consuming flame." ~Teddy Roosevelt~

Dear Americans,
    I, too, recieved a call from Nestle.
    They said the same thing as the e-mails people received.
    When I asked if Nestle was going to release an official statement on their web site. Guess where I was refered to? ALIPAC <nice plug for us.
    I told the person that was nice, but still not Officially a Nestle admission that this creep was proven to be let go.

I continued to ask if Nestle was using the SAVE program to verify in writing that no Illegal aliens were working for them.
    The person said that they would look into it.

I reinterated the health concerns with possible illegal aliens handling the food before I buy it, and that I will continue to NOT BUY NESTLE until things change.
    They offered me coupons, but I told them I did not want a hand out and for them to just do the right thing.

The saga continues...

Well Nestle??
    If you are in the USA Illegally, the only rights you have are human rights.
    We will treat you with dignity while helping you get back to your homeland.
    I don't owe you anything for breaking my countries laws.

Quote Originally Posted by I_pledge_allegiance
    Dear Americans,
    I, too, recieved a call from Nestle.
    They said the same thing as the e-mails people received.
    When I asked if Nestle was going to release an official statement on their web site. Guess where I was refered to? ALIPAC <nice plug for us.
    I told the person that was nice, but still not Officially a Nestle admission that this creep was proven to be let go.

I continued to ask if Nestle was using the SAVE program to verify in writing that no Illegal aliens were working for them.
    The person said that they would look into it.

I reinterated the health concerns with possible illegal aliens handling the food before I buy it, and that I will continue to NOT BUY NESTLE until things change.
    They offered me coupons, but I told them I did not want a hand out and for them to just do the right thing.

The saga continues...

Well Nestle??
    They offered you coupons??

Wow..you would think when they try to bribe someone
    it would be on a larger scale!

LMAO!! We really need to put the pressure on them now!

Viva la Nestle! NOT!
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

Food Handling

I don't see the relationship between food safety and immigration. I have been working in the food industry for about 19 years in engineering and executive management.

It is quite common for food manufacturers to employ immigrants with limited language skills. Manual labor jobs in food plants usually don't pay very well and as a result are often filled by immigrants with limited English skills. Meat packing plants are notorious for hiring illegal aliens (I suspect with fake documents).

The FDA and USDA require food plants to have good manufacturing practices (GMPs) in place and regularly audit the plants. The USDA in particular is extremely strict. USDA plants like this one are required to have a thorough wash down with chemicals and high pressure every day, typically for 4-6 hours every single night.

I used to work for the HQ of the Nestlé Division that manufacturers Hot Pockets, and can tell you from personal knowledge that all manufacturing management at that plant are bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Even if some illegals did slip through document checks, they would have supervision watching their food handling practices. From my recollection, that plant was kept very clean.

I agree this contractor was a first class jerk and I'm glad Nestlé booted his a-- out the door, but quite honestly I don't see the relationship between food safety and immigration.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Re: Food Handling

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    I don't see the relationship between food safety and immigration. I have been working in the food industry for about 19 years in engineering and executive management.

It is quite common for food manufacturers to employ immigrants with limited language skills. Manual labor jobs in food plants usually don't pay very well and as a result are often filled by immigrants with limited English skills. Meat packing plants are notorious for hiring illegal aliens (I suspect with fake documents).

The FDA and USDA require food plants to have good manufacturing practices (GMPs) in place and regularly audit the plants. The USDA in particular is extremely strict. USDA plants like this one are required to have a thorough wash down with chemicals and high pressure every day, typically for 4-6 hours every single night.

I used to work for the HQ of the Nestlé Division that manufacturers Hot Pockets, and can tell you from personal knowledge that all manufacturing management at that plant are bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Even if some illegals did slip through document checks, they would have supervision watching their food handling practices. From my recollection, that plant was kept very clean.

I agree this contractor was a first class jerk and I'm glad Nestlé booted his a-- out the door, but quite honestly I don't see the relationship between food safety and immigration.
    Well..to me its a no brainer.

These people come from 3rd world countries.

And since the big wave of illegals, tuberulosis has made

a big come back. (Los Angeles I know)

Whatever you say.
    <div align="justify"><div align="left">[i]</div><div align="center"><div align="left"><div align="center"><div align="left">[i][i][i][i][i][b]WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FACISM!* IMPEACH THEM ALL!</stro

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    bquasius, exactly what xxjuanitaxx said. I have to agree, that it is not just about the handling of the food, many diseases that we felt we had under control or eradicated here, have made a comeback. TB does not come to you via that hands, it is through a simple cough, even a stifled one.

Who knows what other third world diseases have come across the border from other nations with the illegal aliens, that is passed around through tears, sweat, sneezing, coughing.

Many fast food places have the people wear gloves when they handle the food, but that does not really encourage me, it is about their uncovered faces that worries me.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't see the relationship between food safety and immigration.
    bquasius...we're not discussing any relationship between food safety and immigration. No such subject would ever need to be discussed here. The discussion is about illegal aliens and food safety. Immigrants are checked for diseases illegal aliens are not.

bquasius...It is good to have a Nestle representative here, but there is no need to hide that fact. We are willing to discuss this in a civil manner.

Nestlé Rep

Excuse me, but I do not represent Nestlé, and please don't try to attack my credibility by claiming any association between myself and Nestlé. I have not worked for Nestlé for close to three years, and most recently I worked for a competitor, whom I shall leave unmentioned.

I have about sixteen years of experience in the food industry and know quite a lot about food safety. The key success factors are sanitary equipment design, and good manufcturing practices (GMPs) to reduce human contact between food and ingredients, packaging, etc.

It should be no surprise that the food industry jobs with the worst working conditions are also the ones that reportedly have the most illegal aliens, and that is in meat packing plants and harvesting of fruit, vegatables, etc.

I also have a wife and daughter who are LEGAL immigrants to this country, and none of us approve of illegal immigration, which hurts legal immigrants more than anyone else. Legal immigrants are much more likely to be competing against illegals for jobs, and moreover the backlash against illegal immigrants often gets misdirected against legal immigrants who followed our laws in coming here and have nothing to do with illegal immigration.

There are health checks of prospective immigrants. Immigration does check for TB, but waivers are routinely given since the disease can be treated effectively. Obviously AIDS is a different story.

Health and especially criminal background checks are good reasons why we need to replace illegal alien workers with U.S. citizens or legal aliens. If we deported 11+ million illegal aliens tommorrow certain sectors of our economy would come to a screeching halt.

I do favor a guest worker program, but not the one the politicians are proposing. No one here illegally should derive any benefit from breaking our laws, and should leave the U.S. I am 10,000% opposed to any form of amnesty. Some of the current "guest worker" proposals are nothing more than amnesty in disguise.

I would allow more work visas for lower skilled workers, then replace illegal alien workers with workers who followed all the laws in coming here. Improved identity documents, database verification, and improved workplace enforcement would result in illegal immigrants deporting themselves as jobs dry up, and being replaced with new guest workers.

There are plenty for foreign citizens who respect our laws by not coming here illegally and glady would apply for a temporary work visa if they existed, even if it did not lead to citizenship. Our current immigration system offers very few visas for low skilled guest workers, and when you combine that with easy to counterfeit documents and poor workplace enforcement the result is massive illegal employment of illegal aliens.

If we replace illegal alien workers with U.S. Citizens and legal aliens, the result would be better security, screening out of those with criminal records or serious diseases.

We'd also deprive criminal syndicates involved with smuggling drugs and illegal immigrants of a huge source of revenue, and largely eliminate an underground economy where criminals exploit illegal aliens and terrorists can hide. Some employers knowingly exploit illegal aliens, but to be quite honest I believe a majority don't know which employees are illegal because it is so easy to forge documents.

Lastly, guest worker visas can be terminated if employment conditions change, allowing flexibility to ensure American citizens and legal immigrants have access to jobs.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

BQ

are you aware that we already have an existing GUEST WORKER/TEMP WORKER program?

This is nothing more than tripe disguised as strawberries & creme.
    Another way to increase unskilled labor at SLAVE wages. What of our American citizens who have little education and are sucking on the welfare teet? Our teens and college kids that must have seasonal work in order to pay for TUITION that many ILLEGALS are getting at a great discount?

? Would it not be more logical and wise to put our citizens to work BEFORE we even attempt to increase the uneducated, 3rd world people in our country? Personally, I believe in taking care of our own families before we give to others. Lord knows, we send enough welfare dollars to every country in the world with their hands outstretched..........INCLUDING MEXICO.

AIDS: if I'm not mistaken, we do NOT check for Aids. The human rights groups went up in arms some years ago in order to prevent this particular health check. Unless things have changed, AIDS is in the protected zone.

ECONOMY: nope. The economy would not come to a "screeching halt." It will take a dip but, hey........that's the price we must pay in order to prevent greater damage to our country. You can handle it. We've had plenty of dips and recessions and I know you're tough enough to get through it. We'd come back stronger and healthier with more of our own citizens off the Social Service rolls and into the workforce.
    The GAIN would be in the EDUCATION of .....our kids.......the most valuable asset America has.

/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Work Visas for Unskilled

Immigration does test for AIDS, among other diseases. This form is for adjustment of status to permanent resident, but the requirements are the same for immigrants.
    http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/ ... /I-693.pdf

I'm aware that 14,000 of the H1 visas are for unskilled workers, and the remainder of the 250,000 for highly skilled workers.

Most economists consider anything under 5% unemployment to be essentially full employment. Talk sometime with plant managers at meat packing plants or farms and ask how many U.S. citizens want to work there, and you'll understand why they need so many immigrants.

If we replaced illegal immigrant workers with guest workers, we'd probably get better educated workers (i.e. high school diploma or college and some English ability vs. second grade with no English, even illiterate).

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast