Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Work Visas for Unskilled

Quote Originally Posted by bquasius
    Immigration does test for AIDS, among other diseases. This form is for adjustment of status to permanent resident, but the requirements are the same for immigrants.
    http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/ ... /I-693.pdf

I'm aware that 14,000 of the H1 visas are for unskilled workers, and the remainder of the 250,000 for highly skilled workers.

Most economists consider anything under 5% unemployment to be essentially full employment. Talk sometime with plant managers at meat packing plants or farms and ask how many U.S. citizens want to work there, and you'll understand why they need so many immigrants.

If we replaced illegal immigrant workers with guest workers, we'd probably get better educated workers (i.e. high school diploma or college and some English ability vs. second grade with no English, even illiterate).
    Nice to speak with someone who has experience in the food industry. As for me, I grew up in it and have a few extra years of experience on you.
    Candy is not my forte' as it seems to be yours, but produce & meat...I've
    a little experience in this area, lol.
    I've been in slaughter houses, processing plants and various other areas of the industry. I have seen the CHANGE and the lower quality of workers that have displaced our American workers in this industry. You seem not to have personal experience with this industry before the past 2 decades of decay. The FDA is sorely lacking in this area. The graft is among the highest. The companies are not diligent and payoffs are common.........very much like the construction industry where another huge segment of the ILLEGALS are congregating. Profit is what counts, not quality & safety.

As you may know, the so called 5% unemployment figures are heavily skewed. Imho, I don't give a flying fig what the "economists" say. As I'm certain you are aware, there are two sides to that coin and for every one that you can provide - pro AMNESTY - GUEST WORKER, I can find con. Many of our unemployed workers are no longer being counted. They have long since been eliminated from the unemployment rolls. Many have taken those wonderful low skilled jobs in order to put a loaf of bread on their table while selling their property to survive. We've
    certainly increased jobs in the USA..........they're low skilled and no skills jobs. Certainly NOT the jobs that we need to maintain our way of life and EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN.

The H1 visas, to my limited knowledge, have nothing to do with the "guest worker" program that currently exists. That will be in the Ag area.
    For more efficient and verified info concerning this area, COUNT, JOHNB, COTO & JP should be able to pull documentation quicker than I.

Also, again concerning AIDS.....I am 99% certain that those coming into our country through the legal means are NOT checked for Aids. Perhaps as the process is completed they might but not as they enter. As well as they are allowed to stay in the US on a permanent basis while carrying the disease.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Work Visas for Unskilled

Quote Originally Posted by quasilinear
    Ttalk sometime with plant managers at meat packing plants or farms and ask how many U.S. citizens want to work there, and you'll understand why they need so many immigrants.

If we replaced illegal immigrant workers with guest workers, we'd probably get better educated workers (i.e. high school diploma or college and some English ability vs. second grade with no English, even illiterate).
    Who do you think did these jobs before the human tsunami? We certainly were not without meat, without farm produce, without construction workers.

FYI, these jobs were done by us. As unbelievable as it may sound today, US citizens did these jobs.

Do you know why US citizens aren't doing these jobs now? We can't work for below-poverty-level wages AND support our families. We have no welfare checks coming in each month for each of our children. When we go to emergency rooms, we're expected to pay our bills. When we go to the grocery stores, we're expected to pay for our groceries.

BTW, why is milk now $4.69 a gallon and hamburger $2.69 a pound if these illegal workers are saving employers so much?

Unscrupulous, greedy employers, whose only concern is the bottom line, will be the damnation of this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guest Worker

Again, as I stated earlier, I am 10,000% opposed to any form of amnesty. Guest worker programs DO NOT necessarily include amnesty, but most of the present proposals are amnesty programs disguised as guest worker programs.

We gave amnesty to 3,000,000 illegal immigrants in 1986, and now we have 11,000,000. Amnesty only encourages more of the illegal behavior. No one should benefit from having violated our laws.

The point I'm making is if we deported every single one of 11,000,000 illegal immigrants (some think that number is low), we would have labor shortages. One way to address the shortages is higher wages and better benefits, but I don't see this addressing all of the shortfall.

What if we replaced 11,000,000 illegal worker jobs with about 3,000,000 guest workers? Or 2,000,000? It does not have to be a one to one numerical relationship.

By replacing all illegal workers with citizens, legal immigrants, and some guest workers we can get rid of all the illegal immigrants without destroying certain industries that depend upon illegal workers.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

I really don't foresee a worker shortage when the IAs are sent packing. We will be able to reduce demand for products by 10% so not as many workers will be needed.

Wages will go up as proven when the chicken plant in GA paid $1 more per hour after ICE carted off its workforce.

ALL the Guest Worker/ Temp Worker programs on the table are AMNESTY....not some.

You're still missing the point although your statement concerning better wages and benefits is certainly valid.

However.....the 'benefits' that Americans were so greedy to increase through unions and other methods was one of the things that helped to accelerate outsourcing. The wages in some areas were outpacing profit, giving the very corps a reason to 'break the worker's backs' by outsourcing. The benefits became outrageous and greedy Americans certainly took advantage. IE: medical coverage. NOW, Americans are on the short end of the stick and ILLEGALS are getting their hangnails removed in the Emergency room for free.

This is much deeper than "adding a few Guest Workers" and the problem is solved. Americans come first........not cheap Indians in the tech fields that have displaced our American techs. Not ILLEGALS in McDs that our college kids depended upon for their educational costs.

No GUEST WORKER program will solve this problem at this moment in time. We must first clean house and take the dip on the chin in order to bring a healthy stabalization to our country. Try to think back a bit....Americans never went without, lol. We grew it, picked, manufactured, packed & milked whatever we needed with American hands doing the work. We never did and do NOT now need others to do our work. It's simply a matter of a time/labor adjustment. Shoot, could just about halve the welfare rolls.

You seem to want to give this half assed government an inch while they'll walk away with 10 miles each and every time. It's all about SOCIAL SECURITY, RESOURCES ---water, mexican oil, metals, etc., etc. besides what we gain around the world via the conglomerates, especially energy & Ag.

BTW, know anything about the dire needs of our Veterans all the while the money is given to these lovely ILLEGAL ALIENS & guest workers?? Why not take care of our Vets before you give handouts to those who've no respect for our flag? Think it might be wise to move some of those "tech jobs" over to the Veteran's side of plate before we increase Visas &/or give yet another "guest worker" program?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Speaking of unemployment numbers, my husband and I were discussing this recently, and by all of the governments standards, America is in great shape, as "unemployment it down", which as we all know is not really true for several reasons.

The first is they are counting all industries, and look at the employees, even if they are illegal in those faceless figures, so this does not count all Americans into that equation, the second is that the government looks at under-employed as being the same a employed full time, the third issue is that they are not looking at the wages, which many employed at less than full time at their own states minimum wage is not adequate for anyone but teenagers.

Now my question is, I have been searching for those numbers that were talked about one time on Cavuto, but have not been able to find them, we all know the government would never post those publically, does anyone know where I might find them? I wanted to print those out to hand out to people.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guest Workers

Once again, all legal immigrants ARE tested for AIDS. I just went through the process for my fiancé (now wife) and her daughter. Look at any of the forms the USCIS uses for status adjustment or for immigrant visas. There's quite a battery of medical tests and vaccinations required.

I know a plant manager in the meat packing industry. He is constantly struggling to find enough workers for his plant. His company does all the required document checks for new workers, and if the Social Security Administration sends him a "no match" letter tells the worker to straighten it out, and to date most of them have. Any employee that doesn't straighten out a "no match" situation is fired.

He suspects but can't prove many of his workers might be illegal, but as long as they have the right documents and the names match, under the law he can't do anything about it. One company, Swift and Company, was fined $250,000 for investigating the validity of immigration documents, which was construed as national origin discrimination.

The fact that the guest worker programs on the table today are also amnesty does not mean another guest worker proposal is necessarily amnesty. Some non-citizens have been waiting as long as 21 years to immigrate here legally. Amnesty is unfair to them too!

What if a guest worker program offered a work visa to those who applied for immigrant visas years ago and have been patiently waiting to immigrate here legally? Why not let them come a few years earlier, work and live with non-immigrant statis, then adjust status when an immigrant visa becomes available? This isn't amnesty, and would satisfy concerns from the business community that if all the illegals go home they will be short workers.

No matter what, any guest worker program should offer far less visas than the number of illegal alien workers, to assure any unemployed Americans have access to those jobs.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Bg wrote:

I know a plant manager in the meat packing industry. He is constantly struggling to find enough workers for his plant. His company does all the required document checks for new workers, and if the Social Security Administration sends him a "no match" letter tells the worker to straighten it out, and to date most of them have. Any employee that doesn't straighten out a "no match" situation is fired.
    Either your "friend" is blantantly lying to you, or you are ASSuming that we all fell off a turnip truck. Here is how it really works: 1. Employer receives a no match letter. 2. Employer advises employee of said mis-match, and asks them to correct the problem. 3 Same employee comes back with another set of false documents. 4. Employer advises the SSA that the mis-match letter employee voluntarily left. 5. Employer "re-hires" same employee with their new set of false documents.

He suspects but can't prove many of his workers might be illegal, but as long as they have the right documents and the names match, under the law he can't do anything about it.
    HE SUSPECTS?.... When a worker named Ceasar becomes, six months later, a worker named Jose, and six months later still, a worker named Jesus...you don't suspect, YOU KNOW!

Banned
    I missed this topic first time around (it looks like it was posted while I was out of town). I wrote Nestle an email demanding that the employee in question be fired and that I be immediately notified that disciplinary action had been taken or else I will institute a boycott of all Nestle products.

Has anyone received any further notification on this topic? Specifically, has anyone been told whether action has been taken against this contractor?

AmericanElizabeth Wrote:

Now my question is, I have been searching for those numbers that were talked about one time on Cavuto, but have not been able to find them, we all know the government would never post those publically, does anyone know where I might find them
    ?

I just type a key word into the search engine and most of the time I find what I`m looking for.

EXAMPLE> 2005 employment/unemployment census
    or add any specifics to the key word.
    ------------------------

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast