Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you Jean, I was wondering why it did`nt actvate
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Thank you Jean, I was wondering why it did`nt actvate
    You are welcome. I had to cut and paste it to get it to work and thought I'd just make it easier. Felt that was your intent.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Contractors

I believe there are limits that a company can do when hiring a contractor. One big reason to hire is a contractor is they manage their work crews.

If you have to do their management's job for them (i.e. check everyone's papers, supervise them, etc.) then there's no benefit to hiring them to begin with. A lot of unionized contractors must hire from the Union Hall under their Union contracts, and don't get a choice of who they hire.

One thing I do recall hearing about the Chatsworth, California plant is it is very dificult to find qualified contractors for many projects. The cost of living there is exhorborant and contractors are in high demand. I'm not surprised some hire illegal aliens.

I'm not a contract lawyer, but I'm sure it is implied that when you hire a contractor they are obliged to follow employment and other laws. I suspect if Nestlé had knowledge the contractor was hiring illegals, the company itself can get into trouble (i.e. RICO statutes). Recently I've heard of some companies getting in serious trouble when the knowingly hired illegal aliens directly. The same might apply to contractors if they had knowledge.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

I still don't buy this

I think contractors that hire LEGAL workers should band together and sue the crap (under the RICO act) out of the ones that purposely hire illegals.

Maybe if companies started investing in our young people and train them (apprentices) they would not have a problem finding qualified workers. Maybe if our kids could afford to go to college and further their education, companies would not have to worry about shortages of qualified people.

The way things are, everything is being stacked against American citizens. Our kids are increasing getting into debt to pay for their education. They come out of college in dept up to their eyeballs and find they have to work two jobs to pay off the loans. Then of course, that is IF they can find a job given that they have to compete with the cheap labor being brought into the country via H1-B visas etc. thanks to the greedy corporate CEO's.

Lou Dobbs really tells it like it is in his book "War on the Middle Class"! Every senator and congressman should read it. THey sure don't seem to read the bills that they blindly rubber stamp!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

RICO

There are RICO lawsuits between companies going on now, where a company knowingly hired illegal workers and another company lost money and is now seeking damages.

I agree with your sentiment about amnest. Check out the amnesty for three million agricultural workers.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtex ... l=h109-884

Our Congressman here in MN, Collin Peterson, keeps denying he supports amnesty for illegal immigrants, but he is one of the original co-sponsors. This amnesty bill gives illegals credit for social security taxes paid while illegal workers (i.e. using someone else's social security number).

Those granted amnesty cannot be fired except for "good cause." In other words, illegal workers given amnesty would also have job protection the rest of us don't have, since most employment in the U.S. is "at will", meaning we can be fired "for any reason or no reason."
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Jeeze

Unbelievable. It just gets worse and worse for the hard working American citizens. This is tuly a war on the middle class!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    ohflyingone said:

The way things are, everything is being stacked against American citizens. Our kids are increasing getting into debt to pay for their education.
    I agree, my own 23 year old daughter had to quit school in order to survive. She could not get enough financial aid or any scholarships to get by with, and was taking loans out just to live. She is now in debt although she most likely will not have a degree for a long time.

As well, she was never able to find anything more than 15 hours a week for work at minimum wage. She and her 1 &1/2 year old son are sharing a house with severeal other adults as well as two other children, she could not afford to live alone.

It is a shame it has become this way. So many employers will not give them the hours or the pay needed to survive. You'd think any employer would jump at a chance to pay wel enough to keep long term employees as this brings better service in the company, but no, they'd rather save money and cheat the employees.

I have lost respect for many companies.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is a statement provided by Nestle Consumer Services regarding the You Tube video:

-The man appearing on the video is an independent -contractor, not a Nestle employee.
    -Nestle is no longer doing business with this individual or his company.
    -Like you, we were appalled at the behavior of the contractor. The man in no way represents Nestle views or policies.
    -Nestle follows all laws regarding documentation of our workers. We only employ those who have the right to legally work in the US.
    -Nestle Consumer Services

Absolutly dissssssGusting !

******* my Nestles e-mail *******

(QUOTE) "Nestlé... follow and respect all applicable local laws in each of its markets." (END QUOTE)

Will you be removing all contractors from your business list who hire Illegal Immigrants?

If so, contact Lou Dobbs and air yourself to the public with an apology for not knowing your contractors unethical business practices. It's the AMERICAN thing to do.

******* send Nestles more like this people *******

Contractor #705 needs to be run out of America. See if he can make a living in Mexico like he does here.
    I'd lay odds he can't.
    . . . . . . E-Gadz!
    Politics Poli - many / Tics-parasites.
    "Those who accuse & fail shall receive equal punishment of the accused".

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast