Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Donald Trump’s Plan for Your Taxes Might Be EXACTLY What He Needs to Win the White Ho

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Newmexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Heart of Dixie
    Posts
    35,723

    Donald Trump’s Plan for Your Taxes Might Be EXACTLY What He Needs to Win the White Ho

    Donald Trump’s Plan for Your Taxes Might Be EXACTLY What He Needs to Win the White House

    The liberal media has been going absolutely berserk over Donald Trump’s remarks on immigration. However, they are ignoring his stances on other issues, some of which are very insightful.

    In his book, “Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again,” published in 2011, Donald Trump laid out a plan to transform America’s tax code, and it is beautiful.

    Trump’s code, which he calls the “1-5-10-15 income tax plan,” is a simplistic way to fix our nation’s broken taxation system, without putting the strain on any particular group of people.

    Under Trump’s tax plan, those making up to…
    • $30,000 per year will pay 1 percent in federal income taxes
    • $30,000 to $100,000 will pay 5 percent
    • $100,000 to $1 million will pay 10 percent
    • $1 million or above will pay 15 percent

    “It’s clear and fair,” wrote Trump on his tax plan. “Best of all, it can be filled out on the back of a postcard and will save Americans big bucks on accountants and massive amounts of time wasted attempting to decipher the tax code.”


    Trump also wrote, “Imagine your paycheck was 40 percent higher than it currently is. What could you do with 40 percent more wealth? How many jobs and opportunities for others could you create?”

    “The longer you really think about it the madder you will get,” he wrote, “especially when you consider the waste, fraud, and abuse the federal government traffics in as it inflicts its self-defeating policies on hard-working Americans.”

    Trump’s rhetoric on taxes continues to this day. On CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Trump stated that he tries to pay as little tax as possible.

    “I fight like hell to pay as little as possible, for two reasons. Number one, I am a businessman, and that’s the way you are supposed to do it. And you put the money back in your company and employees and all of that.”

    He also added, “But the other reason is that I hate the way our government spends our taxes. I hate the way they waste our money, trillions and trillions of dollars of waste and abuse. And I hate it.” (H/T WND)

    Trump’s proposed tax plan is fair and shows real promise at fixing what has arguably become America’s biggest headache. It doesn’t tax the poor to the point of bankruptcy, and it doesn’t punish the rich for being successful.

    Share this on Facebook and Twitter so others can read about Donald Trump’s amazing tax plan.

    http://conservativetribune.com/donal...lan-for-taxes/


  2. #2
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,662
    That was in 2011. He needs to update himself on the FairTax so no one pays any income tax at all. I'm sure coming from New York he's familiar with consumption taxes, also called retail sales taxes, well, that's what the FairTax is, a retail sales tax on new goods and services. All the embedded income taxes now in prices would disappear and in their place is the FairTax included in the price. Everyone who wants it who is a US citizen or legal permanent resident (illegal aliens and nonresidents are not eligible) can sign up for a Rebate that would be approximately $7,000 a year for a family of 4 to pay all FairTax you could spend up to the family household consumption allowance to exempt FairTax on essentials, which for a family of 4 would be approximately $30,000. After that you decide what you buy and what you pay for it including the FairTax that's included in the price. Used goods like second occupant homes, cars, clothes, equipment, appliances and so forth are all exempt. All purchases used for business to business transactions are exempt as is education. The FairTax has an 8.09% rate earmarked to robustly fund Social Security and Medicare and a 14.91% rate to fund general revenue.

    No tax returns, no post cards, no invasion of privacy, no theft of income, no IRS handing out tax credits to illegal aliens.

    HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate.

    Wake Up, Donald Trump! You're going after free trade to stop that nonsense, you're going after illegal immigration to end this travesty, so if you support the FairTax and end the federal income tax, well, it's the Trump Trifecta.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #3
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That was in 2011. He needs to update himself on the FairTax so no one pays any income tax at all. I'm sure coming from New York he's familiar with consumption taxes, also called retail sales taxes, well, that's what the FairTax is, a retail sales tax on new goods and services. All the embedded income taxes now in prices would disappear and in their place is the FairTax included in the price. Everyone who wants it who is a US citizen or legal permanent resident (illegal aliens and nonresidents are not eligible) can sign up for a Rebate that would be approximately $7,000 a year for a family of 4 to pay all FairTax you could spend up to the family household consumption allowance to exempt FairTax on essentials, which for a family of 4 would be approximately $30,000. After that you decide what you buy and what you pay for it including the FairTax that's included in the price. Used goods like second occupant homes, cars, clothes, equipment, appliances and so forth are all exempt. All purchases used for business to business transactions are exempt as is education. The FairTax has an 8.09% rate earmarked to robustly fund Social Security and Medicare and a 14.91% rate to fund general revenue.

    No tax returns, no post cards, no invasion of privacy, no theft of income, no IRS handing out tax credits to illegal aliens.

    HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate.

    Wake Up, Donald Trump! You're going after free trade to stop that nonsense, you're going after illegal immigration to end this travesty, so if you support the FairTax and end the federal income tax, well, it's the Trump Trifecta.
    Even Trump knows the so-called FairTax plan is actually unfair and won't work. There is a reason none of the candidates are vocally supporting the plan.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #4
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,662
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Even Trump knows the so-called FairTax plan is actually unfair and won't work. There is a reason none of the candidates are vocally supporting the plan.
    MW, sales taxes work. For you to claim otherwise is ridiculous. But if for some untold peculiar reason you prefer to report your finances to the Nanny State and have your hard-earned income robbed by it, then of course, you are free to expound upon your personal opinion.

    The reason most of these candidates prefer the income tax is so they can see what each other makes when they demand to see each other tax returns during campaigns. At the end of the day, I don't think Donald Trump will be a stupid voyeur, however, unless he comes out and supports the FairTax, then that is what he will prove himself to be.

    Plus, there are 2 candidates who do support the FairTax, Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. Ted Cruz is a sponsor of the legislation in the US Senate. And there are probably others who support it as well.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-11-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  5. #5
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    MW, sales taxes work. For you to claim otherwise is ridiculous. But if for some untold peculiar reason you prefer to report your finances to the Nanny State and have your hard-earned income robbed by it, then of course, you are free to expound upon your personal opinion.

    The reason most of these candidates prefer the income tax is so they can see what each other makes when they demand to see each other tax returns during campaigns. At the end of the day, I don't think Donald Trump will be a stupid voyeur, however, unless he comes out and supports the FairTax, then that is what he will prove himself to be.

    Plus, there are 2 candidates who do support the FairTax, Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee. Ted Cruz is a sponsor of the legislation in the US Senate. And there are probably others who support it as well.

    March 23, 2015 03:10 PM
    By Richard Phillips, Research Analyst at CTJ | Permalink |

    Texas Senator, and now presidential candidate, Ted Cruz is a supporter of radical tax plans that would dramatically increase taxes on poor and middle class Americans in order to pay for huge tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. While he has not clearly established which he favors more, Cruz has endorsed both the creation of a flat income taxand a bill that would replace the progressive income tax system with a national sales tax, a plan misleadingly called the "Fair Tax."

    While Ted Cruz may portray himself as wanting to lower taxes, the reality is that under the tax plans he has endorsed, the overwhelming majority of Americans would likely see their taxes go up considerably. Looking at the "Fair Tax," an Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy (ITEP) study found that the bottom 80 percent of taxpayers would see their federal taxes go up by about $3,200 on average annually. In contrast, ITEP found that the top 1 percent of taxpayers would receive an average annual tax cut of $225,000.

    On the flat tax, Cruz has not yet spelled out a specific plan that he would like to see enacted, but it's unlikely that any plan he proposed will be significantly better than the extremely regressive flat tax proposals that have been offered in the past. For example, an ITEP analysis of Senator Arlen Specter's flat tax proposalfound that the bottom 95 percent of Americans would see their annual taxes increase by $2,900 on average, while the top 1 percent of taxpayers would see their taxes decrease by $210,000 on average.

    When speaking about the tax system, Cruz has also peddled a patently irresponsible promise to abolish the IRS, without specifying how our country might go about collecting tax revenues (including Social Security and Medicare taxes) without a revenue collection agency. Even though much of Cruz’s rhetoric is likely bluster and contains factual inaccuracies, it's still dangerous demagoguery.

    Cruz's approach on taxes is so unfair that even some conservatives suspect that it will not prove politically popular. Making this point, Pew Research recently found that even 45 percent of Republicans believe some wealthy people don't pay their fair share in taxes, meaning a substantial portion of the Republican primary voters may not be able to stomach the massive tax breaks for the wealthy that Cruz is advocating.
    Looking forward, here's hoping that we see other presidential candidates reject Cruz's regressive tax approach in favor of tax reform ideas that ensure that the rich and profitable corporations are paying their fair share.


    http://www.taxjusticeblog.org/archiv...p#.VcqlALP1n48

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  6. #6
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,662
    Who are you quoting now?

    The people you are quoting now are the people who are responsible for sending our money supply, investment capital and manufacturers out of the country, the people who burden every business and every citizen with tax returns, invasion of financial privacy, higher prices covering the cost of tax payments and tax compliance, underfunding of Social Security and Medicare, and of course, the ever-growing $18 trillion and climbing national debt. These are the people you are quoting, people intent on destroying our nation in some bizarre inexplicable trek to "tax the rich" and our employers.

    These are the people who work for a 501 C 3 "charity" fraud that doesn't pay any tax at all while using "charity" money in their quest to use laws that force everyone else to pay income taxes so their employer doesn't have to pay them. Under the FairTax, their game is over, because no business, profit or non-profit, pays any income tax so now they're on the same playing field as everyone else with one exception: when there is no income tax, there is nothing for this organization to "research", "report" or "testify" about. Like so many useless 501 C 3 "charity" frauds, under the FairTax, they're out of business because the FairTax is so simple, any fool or third-grader can understand it and for the first time in over 102 years, every enterprise operates on the same basis on a equal playing field and every person pays the FairTax based upon their own voluntary purchasing decisions. Of course all US citizens and legal permanent residents can sign up for a Rebate if they like and receive a monthly amount equal to the FairTax cost up to the household consumption allowance which for a family of 4 is $7,000 per year based on an annual consumption allowance of around $30,000. So their first $30,000 or so in spending on new goods and services is spent tax-free and since all used goods purchases are exempt which would include most homes, their first $40,000 plus is spent tax-free.

    But that's okay, MW. I understand you have some bizarre affection for the income tax. Maybe one day, you'll decide to share why that is. Until then, we'll continue to banter on the subject of the FairTax, the best tax and economic development proposal that's ever been presented to the United States Congress and the American People.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-11-2015 at 11:35 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #7
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Who are you quoting now?

    The people you are quoting now are the people who are responsible for sending our money supply, investment capital and manufacturers out of the country, the people who burden every business and every citizen with tax returns, invasion of financial privacy, higher prices covering the cost of tax payments and tax compliance, underfunding of Social Security and Medicare, and of course, the ever-growing $18 trillion and climbing national debt. These are the people you are quoting, people intent on destroying our nation in some bizarre inexplicable trek to "tax the rich" and our employers.

    These are the people who work for a 501 C 3 "charity" fraud that doesn't pay any tax at all while using "charity" money in their quest to use laws that force everyone else to pay income taxes so their employer doesn't have to pay them. Under the FairTax, their game is over, because no business, profit or non-profit, pays any income tax so now they're on the same playing field as everyone else with one exception: when there is no income tax, there is nothing for this organization to "research", "report" or "testify" about. Like so many useless 501 C 3 "charity" frauds, under the FairTax, they're out of business because the FairTax is so simple, any fool or third-grader can understand it and for the first time in over 102 years, every enterprise operates on the same basis on a equal playing field and every person pays the FairTax based upon their own voluntary purchasing decisions. Of course all US citizens and legal permanent residents can sign up for a Rebate if they like and receive a monthly amount equal to the FairTax cost up to the household consumption allowance which for a family of 4 is $7,000 per year based on an annual consumption allowance of around $30,000. So their first $30,000 or so in spending on new goods and services is spent tax-free and since all used goods purchases are exempt which would include most homes, their first $40,000 plus is spent tax-free.

    But that's okay, MW. I understand you have some bizarre affection for the income tax. Maybe one day, you'll decide to share why that is. Until then, we'll continue to banter on the subject of the FairTax, the best tax and economic development proposal that's ever been presented to the United States Congress and the American People.
    Regardless of the source, the truth is the truth. I'm still trying to figure out why you're such a shill for the unfair tax plan. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that I'm the only one around here calling you on it. Just saying .........

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  8. #8
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,662
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Regardless of the source, the truth is the truth. I'm still trying to figure out why you're such a shill for the unfair tax plan. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that I'm the only one around here calling you on it. Just saying .........
    But it isn't the truth, that's the whole point. You post absolute lies about the FairTax from the Anti-FairTax Lobby funded by the Income Tax Industry. The only people who support the income tax over the FairTax are a) people who work in or earn money from the income tax industry b) the IRS c) 501 C 3 "charity" frauds and d) uninformed people who believe the lies about the FairTax put out there by the Anti-FairTax Lobby.

    Most of the people who support the income tax are people on the take with the income tax business, just as anyone who supports illegal immigration is on the take with the drug cartels, because there is no other rational explanation for supporting a 76,000 page income tax code that invades our privacy, steals our liberty, robs our earnings, runs our industries, technology, good jobs and capital out of the country, pays illegal aliens earned income tax credits for jobs they aren't even supposed to have, and is bankrupting our nation with a current $18 trillion and growing national debt, over a FairTax that doesn't do any of these things.

    The reason no one else attacks me for posting about the FairTax is because they know it helps stops illegal immigration because illegal aliens are not eligible for the Rebate which puts them at a huge disadvantage financially when trying to undercut American Workers in the jobs market when Americans receive the Rebate and illegal aliens do not. Most people who work to stop illegal immigration want to stop it from every angle possible including a tax system that gives Americans a comparative advantage over illegal aliens like the FairTax does.

    Most of us also want to stop this free trade treason nonsense, and our members and posters understand that the FairTax does this as well by taxing foreign imports the same as domestic products through the FairTax, in addition to any import duties they are subject to which protects our businesses with a legal playing field that they don't have now competing against imports that aren't subject to the US federal income tax.

    Most of us also want to bring our industries and jobs back home so we can reduce unemployment and poverty and raise wages to sustainable and even prosperous levels, and the FairTax does this as well because it not only eliminates the personal income tax, it also does away with corporate income and payroll tax which together with the personal income tax that employers and consumers ultimately pay is what has run most of our industries, technology, good jobs and capital out of the country, so when we eliminate all these income taxes and replace them with the FairTax, our industries will all come roaring home where they belong and Americans will have good jobs again.

    It's just common sense, MW. You're on the wrong side of this one.

    FairTax Act of 2015: HR 25 in the US House of Representatives and S 155 in the US Senate.

    I don't mind at all bantering with you about the FairTax, MW, because it is such a great piece of legislation and I love posting about it. It's not often when we have something positive to support, usually we're fighting against the negative, but with the FairTax, supporting, advocating and explaining such a positive piece of legislation is a privilege.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-13-2015 at 02:13 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  9. #9
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,662
    I thought I'd google a current comment or two on Trump and the FairTax, and here's what I found.

    https://fairtax.org/articles/trump-f...y-the-tax-code

    Trump says "go to the FairTax".

    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...business-msnbc

    Trump says, "I want to put H&R Block out of business, frankly."

    Trump needs to come out strong for the FairTax, know it well enough to discuss it in all his interviews, debates and tweets, and with that, he'll have the right positions on immigration, trade and taxes. To me, that's the Trump Trifecta to win the Republican Primary and the General Election.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  10. #10
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,629
    Judy, it's almost comical how you are always right on every issue and anyone that disagrees with you is always wrong. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the burden that will come from the unfair tax plan when it fails will fall on the middle class. One of the main problems with the unfair tax is that in order for it to work, many tax laws we currently have would need to be repealed, including the Sixteenth Amendment. If the amendment is not repealed numerous new taxes can be added to the plan ...... and make no mistake about it, that is exactly what will happen. If the existing tax laws, which include most state tax laws, are not repealed the plan won't work. This is probably intentional because if the other needed laws are not passed, the plan will fall apart and will result in more taxes for the middle class, but it will not reinstate the estate tax, gift tax, or capital gain taxes. Personally, I have no problem with the estate tax, gift tax, and capital gain taxes going away, however, I have a huge problem with the tax burden in this country falling on the middle class!

    By the way, you never did give me an honest answer as to why your are constantly shilling for the unfair tax plan. You constant advertisement of the plan is way above and beyond simple support.
    Last edited by MW; 08-13-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    Newmexican likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Donald Trump Isn’t Going Away
    By Jean in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 04:41 AM
  2. Donald Trump: White House Correspondents' Dinner 'Inappropri
    By Newmexican in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 04:33 PM
  3. The quotable Donald Trump
    By JohnDoe2 in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  4. Donald Trump?
    By patbrunz in forum Other Topics News and Issues
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 02:13 AM
  5. Donald Trump on Immigration
    By sawdust in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •