Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Picks Another Goldman Sachs Exec To Join His Administration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Picks Another Goldman Sachs Exec To Join His Administration

Donald Trump Picks Another Goldman Sachs Exec To Join His Administration

Gary Cohn has been offered the job of director of the National Economic Council.

12/09/2016 12:07 pm ET | Updated 9 minutes ago
    Ben Walsh Business Reporter, The Huffington Post

To understand President-elect Donald Trump’s promise to clean up Washington D.C., go the basement garage of Trump Tower. There’s a partially covered black Lincoln limousine parked there with a sign on the windshield that says “Drain the Swamp.”

That’s pretty much how Trump’s Cabinet is shaping up: a bit of populist rhetoric that fails to conceal a large concentration of the wealthy, well-connected people Trump claimed he was running against.

Trump’s latest pick continues that trend, with the president-elect choosing Gary Cohn, the president and chief operating officer of Goldman Sachs, to head the National Economic Council, NBC News reports.

Trump has already nominated Steven Mnuchin ― a second-generation Goldman Sachs partner, former George Soros employee and co-investor, “foreclosure machine” and hedge fund manager ― to be treasury secretary. He also named billionaire private equity investor Wilbur Ross as his choice for secretary of commerce. Ross owned a coal mine that was cited for more than two hundred safety violations before an accident killed a dozen workers, and is a member of a secret Wall Street fraternity, where, clad in velvet slippers, he sang show tunes mocking poor people. Then Trump picked a wealthy donor to run the Department of Education and a billionaire with almost no qualifications beyond being a billionaire as deputy secretary of commerce.

Trump surrogate Anthony Scaramucci, an omnipresent financial industry booster and hedge fund salesman, gamely tried to spin the latest appointment as unifying. “The cabal against the bankers is over,” he said. Stocking the Cabinet with Goldman Sachs bankers would help “bring country together,” he said.

A Goldman Sachs spokesman had no comment.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e05aded3962a

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Same as it ever was... same as it ever was.. SMH

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Trump’s latest pick continues that trend, with the president-elect choosing Gary Cohn, the president and chief operating officer of Goldman Sachs, to head the National Economic Council, NBC News reports.
    I'm sorry, but a few of these latest picks are difficult for me to understand. Heck, I remember Ted Cruz getting crucified on here by a couple members because his wife had worked for Goldman Sachs. Will picks like this get the same scrutiny from those folks?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, it was a different thing, MW. Goldman-Sachs was Ted Cruz largest donor. Goldman-Sachs also loaned his wife $1,000,000 so he could run for President, because she worked for them, and he didn't report the loan to the FEC as required. It was the whole bundle, not just one thing, but all the things. Plus the wife was on the Council of Foreign Relations and Ted Cruz was a big supporter of the TPP.

You liked Ted Cruz alot, so what's the big deal now that the head of Goldman-Sachs will be the Director of the National Economic Council? Did he loan money to Trump or his wife? Was Goldman-Sachs a big donor to Trump? Did Trump fail to report any loans in his FEC disclosure as required? Has Trump been on the Council of Foreign Relations? Did Trump support the TPP?

I don't know anything about Cohn, but will research him and let you know if I find anything juicy enough to oppose the appointment.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He's a Democrat.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Well, it was a different thing, MW. Goldman-Sachs was Ted Cruz largest donor. Goldman-Sachs also loaned his wife $1,000,000 so he could run for President, because she worked for them, and he didn't report the loan to the FEC as required. It was the whole bundle, not just one thing, but all the things. Plus the wife was on the Council of Foreign Relations and Ted Cruz was a big supporter of the TPP.

You liked Ted Cruz alot, so what's the big deal now that the head of Goldman-Sachs will be the Director of the National Economic Council? Did he loan money to Trump or his wife? Was Goldman-Sachs a big donor to Trump? Did Trump fail to report any loans in his FEC disclosure as required? Has Trump been on the Council of Foreign Relations? Did Trump support the TPP?

I don't know anything about Cohn, but will research him and let you know if I find anything juicy enough to oppose the appointment.

My B.S. monitor just went off. Seems I remember you blasting anyone that had any association with Goldman-Sachs. Interestingly Trump ran as the anti-establishment candidate and made it well know that Goldman Sachs was a big part of the elitist establishment. Of course when Trump was blasting Goldman Sachs, so were you. Now that he's going to have three former Golden Sachs members, Bannon, Mnuchin, and Cohn in is cabinet, Golden Sachs is golden with you. Hmm ......

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!! No, I like banks. I like business. I like industry. I like money. I like good jobs.

I don't like Ted Cruz.

The big boys want to make more money and trump is their man....nice show donald.

Better than a president that does not wear an American flag pin though; that is another kind of scary.

MW
    artist wrote (excerpt):

The big boys want to make more money and trump is their man....nice show donald.
    It would seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by artist View Post

Better than a president that does not wear an American flag pin though; that is another kind of scary.
    artist, this is exactly what Trump said he was going to do, bring in Billionaires, really really successful people who know how to make money and deals to make them for our country to make it rich and wealthy again.