Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dow closes at 22,000, book third 1,000-point milestone of year

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh it's not personal at all MW. Where would we be without you "just posting an article" claiming Trump's policies aren't responsible for anything good that happens after the election and during his first few months as President? Clearly, many of us who support Trump would be lost in our own cheer-leading, blind loyalty and Trump World Fantasies.

You save us!!

Of course, on the other hand ......
    Hmm, an apology vice sarcasm would have been nice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh no, no apology from here, not at all, none whatsoever. None required, none deserved.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Oh no, no apology from here, not at all, none whatsoever. None required, none deserved.
    Whatever floats your boat. Being lambasted for posting an article isn't exactly a way to encourage folks to post.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You float our boats here. We'd sink without you.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Not saying who is responsible for this - I would like to know WHAT is responsible.

Maybe I'm just ignorant - but I get a little antsy about Wall Street when it is blowing and going.

I wonder what exactly is pushing it, and how does that translate into things being better for the country as a whole.

There are many things that gives Wall Street a boost, cheap foreign labor (legal or illegal), poverty, prison population, wars, higher healthcare costs, and even the drug trade. That drug money gets laundered, invested, etc.

These are all things that are, in my opinion, not good for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    Not saying who is responsible for this - I would like to know WHAT is responsible.

Maybe I'm just ignorant - but I get a little antsy about Wall Street when it is blowing and going.

I wonder what exactly is pushing it, and how does that translate into things being better for the country as a whole.

There are many things that gives Wall Street a boost, cheap foreign labor (legal or illegal), poverty, prison population, wars, higher healthcare costs, and even the drug trade. That drug money gets laundered, invested, etc.

These are all things that are, in my opinion, not good for the country.
    Actually what boosts Wall Street is investors evaluating their quarterly and monthly reports on earnings, assets, revenues, sales, profit and so forth. It's also big events and big changes that encourage confidence and optimism of right-tracking the economy. American Businesses do well when our trade is protected, domestic sales are more important than exports because domestic sales are a much larger portion of their revenues and earnings. American Businesses do well when wages are rising because that's more expendable income, when the GDP is growing, because that's more business for everyone, when there are good prospects of tax cuts because that reduces tax expense and increases cash for investment, fueling more growth, higher dividends from more profit. So trade protection that benefits our companies and immigration enforcement that benefits our workers and households are all extremely beneficial to American Businesses, even if they pay for more labor, labor is a small part of their overall costs. Public companies operate on a different plane than most of those who hire illegal aliens or even a few visa workers. While they're tempted to copy cat and take advantage for a short term savings, they know that trade and border protections raise the standard of living and lower welfare and unemployment costs, which eventually translate into lower deficits, less taxes, and reduced national debt. They know by the numbers that free trade and massive immigration hasn't worked for the US economy, they know that globalism is a failed enterprise for the United States. They see that Trump means business, that he is going to bring down the trade deficits and reduce massive poverty-based immigration. These investors are no different than we are, most of them grew up here under the same American Economic System the rest of us did, so when the White House stands firm on fixing this and returning US to where we should have been all along, it's as welcome a relief to them as to any of US.

I hope you are right.

Most of these companies are multi-national companies, their fortunes are not wedded to this country entirely.

Yeah, that's true, well, it could be something else that's been driving this market up for the last 9 months. Although I wouldn't know what it would be. Trump canceled the TPP which PO'ed a lot of the multi-nationals, but apparently not their shareholders. Trump is renegotiating NAFTA which PO'ed the Mexicans and Canadians, but apparently not our multi-national shareholders. Asia is in a stir with worries over North Korea and Trump made it clear to Japan, South Korea and China that these huge trade deficits we have with them are coming down or he's implementing tariffs so they better get busy buying more US products which I think pleased our multi-nationals, but I know for sure it pleased their shareholders. He's told Europe, US trade deficits with them are coming down or tariffs are back on.

Trump has pretty much stormed all over the world straightening out these parasites on trade, immigration, terrorism and climate change and every time he does, the stock market goes up. If they didn't like what he was doing I don't think we'd be seeing record-breaking increases in the Dow and other stock exchanges, at least not to this degree. The Dow has increased over 20% in 9 months. I've never seen anything like it before. We've got a long way to go to fix the jobs and wage problem, repeal Obamacare, get the tax cuts and tax reform, and fix these bad trade deals, but so far based on shareholder response which can always be different than company management is supporting these policies 100% and putting their money behind it.

Senior Member 6 Million Dollar Man's Avatar
    Actually what boosts Wall Street is investors evaluating their quarterly and monthly reports on earnings, assets, revenues, sales, profit and so forth. It's also big events and big changes that encourage confidence and optimism of right-tracking the economy. American Businesses do well when our trade is protected, domestic sales are more important than exports because domestic sales are a much larger portion of their revenues and earnings. American Businesses do well when wages are rising because that's more expendable income, when the GDP is growing, because that's more business for everyone, when there are good prospects of tax cuts because that reduces tax expense and increases cash for investment, fueling more growth, higher dividends from more profit. So trade protection that benefits our companies and immigration enforcement that benefits our workers and households are all extremely beneficial to American Businesses, even if they pay for more labor, labor is a small part of their overall costs. Public companies operate on a different plane than most of those who hire illegal aliens or even a few visa workers. While they're tempted to copy cat and take advantage for a short term savings, they know that trade and border protections raise the standard of living and lower welfare and unemployment costs, which eventually translate into lower deficits, less taxes, and reduced national debt. They know by the numbers that free trade and massive immigration hasn't worked for the US economy, they know that globalism is a failed enterprise for the United States. They see that Trump means business, that he is going to bring down the trade deficits and reduce massive poverty-based immigration. These investors are no different than we are, most of them grew up here under the same American Economic System the rest of us did, so when the White House stands firm on fixing this and returning US to where we should have been all along, it's as welcome a relief to them as to any of US.
    Very well said Judy. In my opinion, I think all this is because of investor confidence. I think that investors are reacting to a pro-American administration, which would actually be do to Trump's policies. I may be wrong, but......I don't think so.

Or could it be some shenanigans so they can cash out before these things take effect - if they do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast