Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DREAM activists target Maine, Massachusetts, 3 other states

'DREAM Act' ad blitz targeting Maine, Mass.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massac ... aine_mass/

BOSTON—A coalition of labor and immigrant advocates have announced that Maine and Massachusetts will be part of a six-figure advertisement campaign meant to push federal legislation that would give illegal immigrant students a path to citizenship.

The bilingual media blitz announced Tuesday is part of a last-ditch nationally organized effort to push a bill known as the DREAM Act in the lame duck session of Congress.

The federal proposal would allow some children of illegal immigrants to qualify for permanent legal residency by graduating from college or a trade school or by joining the military.

The campaign is aimed at the New England states' GOP senators -- Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine and Scott Brown of Massachusetts.

The campaign also targeting elected officials in Florida, Nevada and Texas.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called Senator Brown and his aide said he opposes that bill.

I didn't realize it at the time I called, as I was working today, but Brown did vote for S510 today. His political career is going to be short if keeps on voting like this.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

i am not the smartest person in the world, but why is it they are targeting those states. They dont have an illegal problem and really should let people decide who deal with it. I am sick of yankees ( no offense to most and i married one) coming down south and telling us how to run our lives. Look at all the crimes they commit in california and texas. I would love any liberal northern senator of obama to go with no bodyguards and tell a father whose daughter was killed by an illegal who was drunk driving or raped and killed by a criminal illegal invader. I would love to see them tell the father that "they just want a better life" is he going to say that the rapist just "wanted some sex"
    <div>"If I had known this I would have picked my own cotton"</div>