Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Warren throws support behind Scott Brown for VA secretary

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elizabeth Warren throws support behind Scott Brown for VA secretary

Elizabeth Warren throws support behind Scott Brown for VA secretary

By Louis Nelson
    12/01/16 02:54 PM EST

Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown, whose name has been floated as a possible pick to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs for President-elect Donald Trump, can count on the support of his former rival, Sen. Elizabeth Warren.

Warren (D-Mass.) said Thursday in an interview on Boston public radio station WGBH that she would endorse Brown, the man whom she unseated from the Senate in 2012 after a nasty campaign, if Trump were to pick him to lead the VA.

“If Scott Brown is the nominee for Veterans Affairs, I have no doubt that he would put his heart and soul into trying to help veterans,” Warren said in her interview, which was reported by The Boston Globe. “And I would put my heart and soul into trying to help him do that. You bet I’d support him for that.”

Brown, who served in the National Guard for more than 30 years, confirmed last week that Trump was considering him to lead Veterans Affairs. After meeting with Trump, Brown told reporters that he had expressed interest in the job because serving veterans and veterans’ issues is a “passion” for him. He added that “the toughest job in the Cabinet is to lead the VA, because while it has so many angels working there, it has so many great problems as well.”

Warren also had kind words for another former Massachusetts politician, Mitt Romney, who is believed to be one of four finalists to be Trump’s secretary of state. While she was less effusive in her praise of Romney than she was of Brown, the liberal firebrand appeared open to the idea of the 2012 GOP presidential nominee leading the State Department.

“I’d like to hear more, but I think Mitt Romney is a smart man, and I think he’s got a pretty level-headed view of the world,” Warren said.

While the potential nominations of Brown and, to a lesser extent, Romney were received warmly by Warren, she has been harshly critical of other picks by the president-elect. A regular opponent of the financial industry, Warren said the selection of former Goldman Sachs executive Steven Mnuchin to be treasury secretary "should send shivers down the spine of every American who got hit hard by the financial crisis.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...support-232072
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Vice nice endorsement. I think Scott Brown would be an excellent nominee to head Veterans's Affairs. He was my pick for Vice President. I hope Trump considers him seriously and eventually nominates him.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I like Scott Brown but I feel Sarah Palin's bubbly personality and recent efforts to fight illegal immigration would make her a better pick for the VA. She would really uplift the spirits of lots of veterans under medical care I believe. Palin is a strong conservative woman that has made it clear her interests are with the GOP base and yet at the same time she has a very nurturing spirit.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think Sarah would be perfect for Secretary of the Department of the Interior to manage our oil leases and ride herd over that awful Bureau of Land Management that kills wild horses, she would take care of our parks and maybe prevent many of these awful fires. And Sarah Palin would run these illegal aliens OFF National Parks and Federal Land right back where they came from. She has her own little army called Park Rangers and they are quite a force if used properly to protect our federal lands. She would also have great respect for our national monuments and museums and artifacts and treasures and keep them safe, well-maintained and protect our American Heritage. She's really smart and creative, I think she would come up with some great ideas to improve all these important functions, especially the ability to control who is on our federal lands, forests and park areas. I can see her now on a horse down on the border with Park Rangers. In fact, the Great Beautiful Wall that Trump builds will be controlled and maintained by the Department of the Interior. Her positions on illegal immigration would be to put to far greater use with the Department of Interior than Veterans Affairs.

Think about Department of Interior for Sarah Palin.