Thursday, April 5, 2007

Dear Friends,

What a great week we had—Monday morning, on an Iowa talk radio station, Tom announced he was running for President. There was terrific press attention--5-6 cameras in the small radio studio and plenty of print press. The next day, USA Today ran a great story with a fantastic picture of Tom and his wife, Jackie. But Tom’s announcement on Iowa’s Jan Michelson show was only the beginning—in the next 8 hours, he did over 24 interviews, two of which were done during the commercial breaks of the first hour long interview.

It was exhausting, and Tom’s voice was giving out by the end of the day, but we reached millions with our message that America is at risk—that illegal immigration threatens the very existence of our nation, that courageous national leadership is absolutely essential to stop the sell out, and that we now have a candidate that America can trust to take on the establishment and their corporate handlers to stop the invasion and secure our nation.

I want you to know that Tom is an outstanding candidate. After announcing in Iowa, he flew to New Hampshire where our state chairman commented to me, “What happened yesterday? Tom was a good candidate—now he is a fantastic one.” And she wasn’t the only one who noticed. Last night, he had 100 republican women in Nashua, NH hooting and hollering their support for him—it was an evening of standing ovations.

But as you might suspect, Tom has a great partner. His wife Jackie spent 13 hours in airports and planes trying to get to Iowa so she could be with him when he announced. She finally made it about 1 AM Monday morning. They are a great team.

Then yesterday, Laura Ingraham called on all her listeners to go to her web site and vote for their choice of presidential candidate. Her audience is solid conservative republican—a perfect profile of the primary voters. Tom came in second!! It was Romney with 32%, Tancredo with 28%, Giuliani with 26%. And Tancredo, Laura pointed out, has only just gotten into the race! Conservatives are tired of being force fed candidates –they want a consistent committed conservative they can trust and Tom is just that guy.

We are off and running and we are thrilled to have you as part of the team.

My warmest personal regards,
Bay Buchanan

PS Let me thank all those who sent money to help us get the equipment we need. We will be fully operational in our national headquarters Monday. This past week, we launched our campaign blog--there have already been thousands of hits. We have a young University of Pennsylvania student working all hours to keep it current and he is so excited knowing that with your support he will be able to get the computer and camera he needs to give Tom the best blog out there.