My Russian wife is sitting in Cairo, waiting for her visa they have promised her. Why? Because I sent all the required Originals/Certified Copies to the National Visa Center and over a period of 8 months they accummulated the packet and approved it. That is the US Government's Department of Homeland Security's National Visa Center. That should mean something.

But, Dinara, a consular at the US Embassy in Cairo - she is an Azerbaijani-Russian citizen as is my wife - has decided that she does not trust the Department of State's ability and has determined that the orignals and certified copies are not good enough. The blue stamps over black print and the embossed seal mean nothing to her.

But, here is my biggest problem..... why is one government agency questioning the other. This should have been easy... and it was.... my wife passed the interview with flying colors... se is goint to get her visa. But, Dinara is holding her visa because she doesn't think the NVC can do a good job!!!!!!

So, I have to send another original (think about that for a second --- ANOTHER!!!! ORIGINAL!!!!!) to them..... cost over $125 and one week for the mail. Because Dinara is saying a US government agency cannot be trusted.

I have told the Consular that I will be starting a letter wrting campaign over this idiocy. If you wish to comment to the Consular on his department's practice of doubting the US State Department here is the email.... you can even site the "Geydarova Incident" ---- ConsularCairo@state.gov

Thank you. Maybe if they get enough mail, they will accept packets that US citizens have already had cleared in the USA -- not hand carried.

David