Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree with Zeezil. We should still flood the Senate voice mails, fax machines etc. this weekend. Maybe someone can start a new thread and tally for this so we can post results over the weekend.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's very interesting news. I tivoed Dobbs -I'm going to go watch it now.

Yeah, it's usually a bit before they post the transcripts. I've used them often enough!

Busy weekend for us all. Think they will get the message that third time -amnesty sneak pass- is NOT a charm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FYI: butterbean found and posted this on the action thread, from the Dreamact.info group. We can't let our guard down:

-------------------

@@OFFICIAL MONDAY 9/24 CALLING POST, YOU*YOU MUST READ THIS@
    First thanks to those that have not given up and have been calling you know who you are

If you have stopped calling, you are really disrespectful in the effort alot of us have put in... Also you are a disrespectful to the following people...

-Senator Durbin whom i have promised that our people will make the calls to back him up . It would be fair, since he promised to do everything he can to bring DA to Defense bill. Do not say he hasnt done V****V, because if he didnt care he would never make adjustments to his amendment so it could pass.
    -Oliver a stranger who could care less about the DA, the guy has contributed to us probably over $1000 to help our efforts

WHY YOU NEED TO CALL ON MONDAY..Me, tasksgirl, mbluparadise and Oliver have a *BIG* secret suprise for Monday i will not disclose what it is, but it SURELY TO WIN MORE SUPPORTERS

IF we combine this with BARRAGE of calls Monday.. I Guarantee you that we will have alot more suporters when the vote occurs, what other assurances you need from me?! Im guaranteeing you votes if you follow our direction how easy is that?!... We will not be doing a voicemail post this weekend, everyone should relax and charge their batteries up and be ready Monday 9 am.. Of course this doesnt mean, you cant call and leave voicemails if you wish during the weekend.. Monday morning at 8:30 Eastern i will edit this post and post the new calling list. I will not disclose it because i dont want the fools to get a head start.

To those that already given up you should not , For Dream Act vote NOT to pass it needs 41 NO Votes, NumbersUSA has only 21 confirmed and this number has not changed in the last 24 hours. i suspect its because the new DA with the changes is more appealing to the Senators.... GOOD LUCK AND STEP YOUR GAME UP!

Very interesting...do not let up or let your guard down. The "hard working" border busters are making a lot of whining noise. Drown them out, ALIPAC'ers!

What is the name for that? Counter-intelligence? At any rate good stuff and thanks for posting it here.

Can't wait to see the big super surprise...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I just head on Lou Dobbs that the Senate now shows an 11% approval rating!!! That will probably be on the transcript when it comes through. :P :P :P
    I would venture to say that 11% is probably a bit on the high side!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Still no transcript.

www.oneoldvet.com always posts videos of Lou Dobbs.
    check regularly for his recent Dobbs videos.

LOU DOBBS TONIGHT

Aired September 21, 2007 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

PILGRIM: Congress is trying to revive its failed amnesty agenda piece by piece. The component now receiving attention is The DREAM Act. Now, it's a plan that could grant citizenship rights to illegal aliens who graduate from college or join the military.
    And as Lisa Sylvester now reports, for some, it's just amnesty under a different name.

LISA SYLVESTER, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): The dream act would put millions of illegal aliens on a path to citizenship if they arrived in the country as a minor and signed up for college or the military.

Senator Richard Durbin is introducing the proposal as an amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill.

SEN. RICHARD DURBIN (D), ILLINOIS: This is the choice The DREAM Act presents us -- we can allow a generation of immigrant students with great potential and ambition to contribute more to America or give them a future living in the shadows.

SYLVESTER: But critics call The DREAM Act amnesty and say it should be put to rest. Durbin is now struggling to find the 60 votes needed to push the proposal through. Hoping to win new supporters, the Illinois senator this week removed a provision that would have allowed illegal aliens to gain in-state tuition rates and he added an age eligibility cap of 30 years old.

But still he's having a tough time finding many takers. So says one think tank that wants fewer immigrants.

JOHN WAHALA, CENTER FOR IMMIGRATION STUDIES: I think it's telling that even Senator Lindsay Graham, who was an ardent supporter of the amnesty in June has voiced concerns about this. And I think that's a bad sign for those who want this amnesty to go forward.

SYLVESTER: Some of same opponents who defeated the comprehensive immigration bill this summer are working on scuttling The DREAM Act.

Senator David Vitter calling it an invitation for fraud.

SEN. DAVID VITTER (R), LOUISIANA: There is no real proof requirement. It could simply be an affirmative statement of themselves -- no other required proof. So this is open-ended. This is unenforceable and it is a significant amnesty.

SYLVESTER: Senator Vitter has introduced his own amendment that says The DREAM Act cannot go into affect until new border security measures are in place.

SYLVESTER: Now The DREAM Act has still not been called up onto the Senate floor, pushing the debate now into next week. Some Republicans say without the votes needed, Durbin really only has two choices -- call up the amendment and risk a defeat or pull his amendment all together -- Kitty.

PILGRIM: Lisa, in addition to offering amnesty, it also could potentially serve as a draw with this college education component.

SYLVESTER: It does. In fact, that was one of the reasons why Senator Durbin -- and there was -- this particular measure was really roundly criticized because it would give in-state tuition to illegal aliens when out of state U.S. residents would not be entitled to that. And that is why he decided to pull that aspect of it -- Kitty.

TO ORDER A VIDEO OF THIS TRANSCRIPT, PLEASE CALL 800-CNN-NEWS OR USE OUR SECURE ONLINE ORDER FORM LOCATED AT www.voxant.com

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

Nice work, fedupDeb. Thanks for posting.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast