Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Since Durbin is using to "military service option" to garner support for his AMNESTY, here is an attack against it to use:

Tell the Senators' staffer that you are incensed that illegal aliens would be put into the military so the "leadership" can keep enough cannon fodder in the middle east. It is absolutely unacceptable to put illegal aliens into the military who are serving for nothing more than their green card next to patriotic American citizens who are fighting for their love of country. The military draft should be instituted before this disparity be allowed. Why does the senator feel it is so important to allow illegal aliens into our uniformed services?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Since Durbin is using to "military service option" to garner support for his AMNESTY,
    Yes, he got Orrin Hatch to support it with this ploy. Doesn't matter to that bonehead that maybe only 5% of the illegals will join the military.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, it looks like the military angle is the ploy. Note the following article that not surprisingly neglects to mention that the Dream Act amnesty would apply to uniformed services, which includes for example the NOAA, not just the Army, Navy etc., and since service is not mandatory, would probably be neglected anyway in favor of correspondence school:

------------------

Senator Proposes Military Service For Eventual Citizenship

9/21/2007 2:54:01 PM
    With the U.S. military strained by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and a slump in recruitment, Sen. Dick Durbin has proposed legislation that would give illegal immigrant high school students a path to citizenship by serving in the armed forces.

"The fundamental premise of the DREAM Act is that we shouldn't punish children for the mistakes their parents made. That isn't the American way," the Illinois Democrat said.

Durbin's proposal -- known as the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (or DREAM) Act - would allow candidates who have lived in the United States for at least five years before the law's enactment to eventually attain permanent legal status if they complete two years of college or serve honorably in the military for at least two years.

Lt. Col. Margaret Stock, a professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y., said immigrant recruits would come to the military fully vetted by the Department of Homeland Security, something she said would save the military time and effort investigating the new recruits.

"These are people who grew up in the United States; they're socialized as Americans. We've paid for their education for the most part. ... And at the point when they're about to become productive members of our society, we're going to deport them. This makes no sense," Stock told Cox News Service.

[b]Sen. John Cornyn of Texas, a senior Republican, in a conference call this week with reporters, questioned the timing of the bill. He said it is not “a good idea to add immigration related measuresâ€

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    "These are people who grew up in the United States; they're socialized as Americans.
    Obviously this lady has never been to LA. They grew up in Mexico, not the US! Somebody send her a picture of the Mexican flag over the upside down US flag!

"The fundamental premise of the DREAM Act is that we shouldn't punish children for the mistakes their parents made.
    Durbin's proposal -- known as the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (or DREAM) Act
    We don't punish illegal children, we reward them with a free education, health care, housing, and food!! Illegals over 18 are not children, they are adults! Even the title of his bill is a giant lie, this is not for "minors" it is for adults!!

I wish Sessions would point this out.

Doesn't it say something about "good moral character" in the bill? Breaking our laws isn't "good moral character". Their parents are teaching them not to obey laws and then cry foul like spoiled children when they don't get their way. NOT GOOD MORAL CHARACTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Doesn't it say something about "good moral character" in the bill? Breaking our laws isn't "good moral character". Their parents are teaching them not to obey laws and then cry foul like spoiled children when they don't get their way. NOT GOOD MORAL CHARACTER.
    Another good TALKING POINT! We have a lot!!!

FYI: butterbean found and posted this on the action thread, from the Dreamact.info group. We can't let our guard down:

-------------------

@@OFFICIAL MONDAY 9/24 CALLING POST, YOU*YOU MUST READ THIS@
    First thanks to those that have not given up and have been calling you know who you are

If you have stopped calling, you are really disrespectful in the effort alot of us have put in... Also you are a disrespectful to the following people...

-Senator Durbin whom i have promised that our people will make the calls to back him up . It would be fair, since he promised to do everything he can to bring DA to Defense bill. Do not say he hasnt done V****V, because if he didnt care he would never make adjustments to his amendment so it could pass.
    -Oliver a stranger who could care less about the DA, the guy has contributed to us probably over $1000 to help our efforts

WHY YOU NEED TO CALL ON MONDAY..Me, tasksgirl, mbluparadise and Oliver have a *BIG* secret suprise for Monday i will not disclose what it is, but it SURELY TO WIN MORE SUPPORTERS

IF we combine this with BARRAGE of calls Monday.. I Guarantee you that we will have alot more suporters when the vote occurs, what other assurances you need from me?! Im guaranteeing you votes if you follow our direction how easy is that?!... We will not be doing a voicemail post this weekend, everyone should relax and charge their batteries up and be ready Monday 9 am.. Of course this doesnt mean, you cant call and leave voicemails if you wish during the weekend.. Monday morning at 8:30 Eastern i will edit this post and post the new calling list. I will not disclose it because i dont want the fools to get a head start.

To those that already given up you should not , For Dream Act vote NOT to pass it needs 41 NO Votes, NumbersUSA has only 21 confirmed and this number has not changed in the last 24 hours. i suspect its because the new DA with the changes is more appealing to the Senators.... GOOD LUCK AND STEP YOUR GAME UP!
    Populist:
    I BELIEVE THIS IS THEIR MONDAY MORNING SURPRISE! They are having someone in the DC area hand carry the teddy bears into the building! I hope security treats them well!

http://www.dreamact.info/forum/about1855-0-asc-0.html

Mailing items to senators to support the DREAM act
    You guys have done this more than i have so I need your opinions. Looking back at the CIR back in 06 and 07, a lot of senators said they were moved when the anti-CIR group sent them bricks to their office gesturing the whole wall thing. I'm thinking of doing something similar and mailing personalized teddy bears with "Help us realize our DREAMs S.774" and other 'not-so-cheesy' slogans to all the senators. I want to focus on senators who are on the fence sending them 500-1000 teddy bears and about 100 for all others (except Durbin, I'll send him 1000).

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Also, I live in Southern Cali so do you guys think they check the from zip code? If so, I'll have to send them to D.C. and ship them from there.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm thinking of doing something similar and mailing personalized teddy bears with "Help us realize our DREAMs S.774" and other 'not-so-cheesy' slogans to all the senators. I want to focus on senators who are on the fence sending them 500-1000 teddy bears and about 100 for all others (except Durbin, I'll send him 1000).

The "Alien" bear from the Vermont Teddy Bear Co.:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 1592_34174

Hehehehehe.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast