Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hey Reverend,
    Do you realize that in the international community that French and English are the primary languages, no other language is used? As for you comment about US not understanding cultures you are surely mistaken, we are one of the best of the world with people that study and understand cultures of the world. As for another language we should have to learn another language unless it is beneficially for that person to learn another language. Like myself iam fluent in Arabic in reading and writing though I took a year to learn for my degree in political science. Also we should be learning South American languages just because we are north of the border, which you seem to be pushing. I don’t see a problem with English being the official language which I personally and many on this board would like to see a fight for such a thing and then those that are oppose to it show their true intentions.

Prometheus

Quote Originally Posted by dataman
    No kidding.
    Now will our amigos in Washington pay attention?
    My guess is that they will pay as much attention as a steam roller on new asphalt. It wouldn't matter to the Prez or to most of the members in Congress (go Tancredo) or--------------->to the Democratic leadership in Raleigh. YOU DEMOS IN RALEIGH RESPONSIBLE FOR ILLEGALS IN-STATE TUITION PRIVILAIGES ARE THE SORRIEST, THE MOST WORTHLESS AND MOST UNDERHANDED BUNCH OF POLITICIANS THAT EVER WALKED ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. YOU ARE HELL BENT ON BENDING US LEGALS OVER FOR ILLEGALS. PERGATORY IS WORTHY OF YOUR PRESENCE. IF THE OPPORTUNITY CAME UP, I'D VOLUNTEER TO THROW THE SWITCH IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Now I know why the law was changed to allow voting if you have a NC drivers licenses. The DEMOS in Raleigh knew the illegals could vote because NC practically gives licenses to illegals. YOU DEMOS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. JUST WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR US LEGALS OR THOSE ILLEGALS? DON'T ANSWER THAT, I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT ONE. I WONDER JUST NOW MUCH MONEY WAS HANDED UNDER THE TABLE TO YOU WORTHLESS INDIVIDUALS?

YOU DEMOS IN RALEIGH JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ILLEGALS TO VOTE AGAIN FOR YOU AGAIN, CAN YOU?

YOU HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS AS A RESULT OF DEATHS ON OUR HIGHWAYS DUE TO ILLEGALS DRIVING. I GUESS THE ACLU WILL BE THERE TO DEFEND THOSE ILLEGALS, RIGHT? I HOPE THE VOTERS FINALLY REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN UP TO AND THROW YOUR SORRY WORHTLESS SSA OUT IN THE STREET WHERE YOU BELONG COME NEXT ELECTION. I KNOW THE LIBERAL NEWS OUTLETS WILL TRY TO COVER YOUR SORRY SSA AS MUCH AS THEY CAN. THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A MOUTHPIECE FOR THE DNC.

NEXT, YOU WILL BE WANTING TO CHANGE THE NAME FROM NORTH CAROLINA TO NORTH MEXICO.

I have been waiting to vote in this poll for a long time. ENGLISH ONLY! NO MORE INTERPRETING FOR NC DRIVERS LICENSES! IF YOU CAN'T READ THE ENGLISH ROAD TEST, HOW CAN YOU READ THE ENGLISH ROAD SIGNS, DUH?

I THINK TOURISTS SHOULD BOYCOTT THIS STATE UNTIL THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY SHOWS SOME LEADERSHIP IN CORRECTING THE WRONGS THAT HAVE BE PERPERTRATED ON US LEGALS BY THOSE DEMONS.

Current vote:

Do you think Congress should make English the official language of the United States?

Yes 100% 7655 votes
    No 0% 0 votes
    Total: 7655 votes
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Re: English as an official language

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    the idea of having Englush as the official language in he U.S. is preposterous. There should be no official language in the U.S. In fact the truth of the matter is that Americans obsession with their own culture has impaired their abilities to understand other cultures, and the sad result are the rampid dissemination of mythologies concerning immigrants and immigration in general. In nearly every country inthe world people learn English, not because they have to, but because they understand the importance of communicating with the global business community. americans would be wise to do the same, particularly since Latin American nations are our prime business partners.
    Hello Reverend. Here is some information for you that is NOT mythology. We are seeing polls that say over 90% of likely voters and therefore a super majority of Americans want English to be the official language.

A common language is healthy for the public, our culture, our technology and research efforts, and perhaps our civilization as well. I believe all international flights require that at least one person in the cockpit speaks English for safety reasons.

The "preposterous" view here is yours Reverand, but hey at least you have about 1 out of 10 Americans that agree with you. Americans have a right to decide it they want to change the nation into a bilingual nation or NOT. Your minority view won't cut it in a Democracy or Republic.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AMEN
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Official English language - BRING IT ON!
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Well Said William.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Congress can pass English only laws but free speech clauses in the Constitution will have liberal judges striking them down.

The problem is not English only laws....the problems are Spanish radio and television and Catholic mass in Spanish and stores that now have things in the store in both languages. Ever watch Univision or telemundo? Big time advertisers are there...Ford, GM, Hyundai, Toyota, Wal-mart and so on and so forth. it is about capturing the illegals money and nothing else. So yes, they are being catered to! Why learn English when you are catered too? This is the major problem folks! Italian immigrants in 1910 had no Italian RADIO or TV!

The best thing for you folks in Carolina del Norte to do....(North carolina!) is to pass laws making bi-lingual education ILLEGAL as it was in California, Arizona and Massachussetts. You need to be screaming at your school board meetings against the hiring of Spanish speaking teachers. English as a second language yes! Your schools IF you have to educate them need to IMMERSE them in English not Spanish. it is called ENGLISH IMMERSION don't be confused. La Raza and these other groups will try and get teachers from Mexico! California and Colorado have even BROUGHT Spanish speaking teachers here at taxpayer expense that is how silly this has become!! Don't let your schools rot because of this!

Does North Carolina have anti-bilingual laws on the books? You had better call Ron Unz of Califronia NOW while you can!!

The English language WILL prevail here in the U.S. Rev, mark my words.

On the flip side, your efforts to write (and spell) in English show that you are at least TRYING. How ironic that you feel compelled to learn English...in order to oppose it as the offical language of the U.S.

Can we say hypocrite?

Quote Originally Posted by JackSmith
    The best thing for you folks in Carolina del Norte to do....(North carolina!) is to pass laws making bi-lingual education ILLEGAL as it was in California, Arizona and Massachussetts. You need to be screaming at your school board meetings against the hiring of Spanish speaking teachers. English as a second language yes! Your schools IF you have to educate them need to IMMERSE them in English not Spanish. it is called ENGLISH IMMERSION don't be confused. La Raza and these other groups will try and get teachers from Mexico! California and Colorado have even BROUGHT Spanish speaking teachers here at taxpayer expense that is how silly this has become!! Don't let your schools rot because of this!

Does North Carolina have anti-bilingual laws on the books? You had better call Ron Unz of Califronia NOW while you can!!
    Bi-lingual education ILLEGAL? Are you kidding me........we are talking about the sorry mafia directed Democratic leadership in the NC General Assembly. Perhaps you have not heard of them. They have bought into this illegal issue or rather they have been bought and it is a top down ran operation. There are so many voters in NC who vote Democratic only because they alway have no matter what the issue is or who is running. Smoky the Bear would win an election in NC if he was on the Democratic ticket. The voters are to blame for putting this Democratic mafia in power. This Democratic leadership would rather pass laws making bilingual language the law rather than anti-bilingual laws. The Democratic leadership is hell bent on lassoing the illegal vote in NC they are willing to do anything to accomplish it.

The fraud the Democratic leadership has pertretrated on the legal citizens of NC has been well orchastrated.

I wish I could deport ever last one of them that sold us out. They are nothing more than political prostitues.

Re: English as an official language

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend
    particularly since Latin American nations are our prime business partners.
    Stop and smell the curry. China is the number one importer reverend. India is our number one exporter. I am sure that mexico isn't far behind, seeing that they are a great source of CHEAP LABOR!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast