Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Eric Cantor: DREAMers Shouldn't Be 'Kids Without A Country'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Eric Cantor: DREAMers Shouldn't Be 'Kids Without A Country'

Eric Cantor: DREAMers Shouldn't Be 'Kids Without A Country'
    The Huffington Post By Braden Goyette Posted: 06/30/2013 1:21 am EDT | Updated: 06/30/2013 11:40 am EDT

During a wide-ranging onstage interview at the Aspen Ideas Festival on Saturday, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) made a plea for the children of undocumented immigrants to gain citizenship.
    The Senate passed a sweeping immigration bill on Thursday, and the pressure to make or break the issue of reform has passed to the House -- where any immigration measure will most likely be much harder to pass.
    As HuffPost's Mike McAuliff reported:
    "The House is not going to take up and vote on whatever the Senate passes," [Speaker John] Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters, speaking shortly before the Senate bill passed. "We're going to do our own bill, through regular order." Not only will that legislation have to go through the entire committee process in the House, whatever emerges will have to meet the "Hastert rule," named after former Speaker Denny Hastert (R-Ill.), which says the majority of the party in control of the House must back a given measure for it to receive a vote by the full chamber.
    Against this backdrop, Cantor voiced his support for a DREAM Act-like provision as part of immigration reform.
    "I hope strongly that the kids who are brought here as minors because their parents brought them -- for no other reason -- and they find themselves here in a country that says they don't belong," Cantor said.
    "Certainly we ought to have the compassion to say these kids shouldn't be kids without a country, and we ought to allow them the life that they deserve."

Cantor first said in February that he believes the children of undocumented immigrants should have a pathway to citizenship, though he had voted against the DREAM Act three years prior.
    Cantor also took a jab at the idea of "self-deportation" on Saturday, a phrase recently popularized by Mitt Romney during the 2012 presidential primaries.
    "I can tell you, I don't think many people would ever say -- although some have -- that you're going to deport 11 or 12 million people, or that they're going to self-deport," Cantor said. "That's just not happening.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/30/eric-cantor-dream-act_n_3523786.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    They have a Country they just won't go back to it!!!

"I can tell you, I don't think many people would ever say -- although some have -- that you're going to deport 11 or 12 million people, or that they're going to self-deport," Cantor said. "That's just not happening.
    Actually if we enforced laws they would deport but people such as you congressman will not enforce the laws, and yet you tell me a new law will work. What will you do with the next 10 million that cross, can the USA withstand uncontrolled immigration, we are breaking apart as a nation now. I fully understand those of you in DC live in a bubble but the real world knows the truth, spin the talking points all you want it falls on deaf ears to those of use who love this country.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Eric Cantor is a RINO rube. JMO

"Certainly we ought to have the compassion to say these kids shouldn't be kids without a country, and we ought to allow them the life that they deserve."

We do have compassion, it doesn't mean we change the laws for them. They DO have a country, one that their parents brought them from. If they are strangers to that country there is no one to blame but the parents.

Pfff..that didn't take long for him to jump on the Amnesty Bandwagon Express. No Mr Cantor, the dream act is just a foot in the door to get the rest threw.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson