Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Every time America experiences a wave of immigration

Every time America experiences a wave of immigration, it is inevitable that xenophobes and restrictionists bring out the same old tropes. “They’re going to ruin our country!â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I really like this flag!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I don't see millions of Irish , marching with Irish flags
    I don't see them demanding we speak Irish , I don't have to press 2 for Irish
    Most Irish I know speak English

I don't see them dropping anchor babies all over the place and for the most part abusing our welfare systems

I don't see them demanding Irish raza classes and ethnic studies in Irish

Apples and oranges

"First they tried to hi-jack the civil rights movement, now comparing they're selves to Irish immigrants, what's next the Chinese?"

Justthefacts, you're exactly right.

What is happening needs to called for what it is, demographic hegemony muscle flexing on the part of, and sorry for those who peddle political correctness and misplaced compassion, yes on the part of so-called Hispanic/Latino leaders. NCLR, Maldel, Lulac plus affiliates etc have organized themselves all around teh US as an army so to speak. Today our immigration conversation is hijacked by Hispanic ethnic consideration. Immigration, legal and illegal, is NOT about immigration but about Hispanic politics. Those organizations have played the system well, just look at how they have pandering politicians eating in their hand. What they want is not assimilation but want to be the different ethnic group that has come together to "claim" those special rights for themselves, they seek, no less, an American Canada. We all know it and yet we are afraid to confront these people and our politicians. It is time to stop this nonsense.
    Hispanics are not more nor less special, they are part of America.
    I personally believe that we need to turn this debate around and put those so-called Latino leaders on the back foot and ask them what it is they are doing to help Latinos assimilate/integrate into our country and make it clear to ALL Hispanic immigrants that NEVER will this country be recast into a new Latin American country, that they better stop believing this fantasy.
    Illegal immigrants, in principal, have to go home, because they don't belong here and we need to revisit legal immigration as regards permanent residency. Why do Hispanics hold 40 to 50% of all green cards. What is going on here, if not corruption?

At some point we have to see what is happening is a true threat and not because we are racists/xenophobes etc but you can't have 10s and 10s and 10s of millions of people coming here from Latin America and not expect that one day they will basically demand their language? And they already do and businesses and our government obliges!

This nonsense needs to stop. Teh only way to go in my opinion is to go back to basics of what America is and what it means to be an American irrespective of where you come from and what your language of origin was. And yes that includes Hispanics.

Banned
    I have had several in hispanic forums tell me they will settle for no less than hispanic self determination

Sounds like separatism to me, Isn't the exactly what stormfront and other white nationalist groups are calling for?

What makes these hispanic groups so dangerous is that they have huge followings in every state , This isn't immigration , its invasion and colonization

It is exactly that, invasion and colonization, Justthefacts you are absolutely right. It is so obvious, it's staring us in the face. You cannot live in America without a reminder of the Spanish language. WHY? what makes one segment of the population so special they need to be catered to in their language of origin? What compels some people that Hispanics deserve to bee catered to Spanish? The huge proportion of Hispanics that only speak Spanish are here ILLEGALLY! The other big proportion is the older Hispanic Folks here legally and many of whom are Americans. After 50 or 55 English is waived when you naturalize.

This article also fails to mention that every prior wave of immigration before 1965 didn't get ANY GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE! Fully one third of the arrivals to Ellis Island were turned away. Another third left on their own in two years or less because they couldn't make it here. The third that actually stayed and became Americans struggled for generations to rise up out of poverty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

a big push to Hispanize America will come one day when some will call fro funding Spanish speaking colleges/Universities to churn out a full fledge Spanish speaking middle class. You wait and see. Then people might just wake up and realize what is happening.

Great article... yah we really can compare the Irish who mostly came in the early 1900's and assimilated within a few years to illegal latino's and others from 3rd world countries who in 20-30 years have yet to want to speak the language of the land.

Have we ever seen the Irish march demanding we speak like the Irish? Or we teach Irelands history in our schools or we provide special privledges to the Irish? How many Irish ever marched back in the old days or current days demanding we succumb to Irish rule?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast