Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The failed Carter presidency gave us Reagan

The failed Carter presidency gave us the successful Reagan presidency in 1981.

The failed George W. Bush presidency is going to give us what?? Just the opposite in 2008 I fear?

This is the first presidential election that I am actually frightened by the results....Hope I'm wrong!

Yes, I have considered this. And don't forget that the corruption of the Nixon administration, in turn, gave us Carter himself. That is more similar with what we are dealing with. Barack is seen as the opposite of Bush (even though he really isn't). A corrupt Republican administration possibly followed by a weak, cowardly Democratic administration.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Yes, I have considered this. And don't forget that the corruption of the Nixon administration, in turn, gave us Carter himself. That is more similar with what we are dealing with. Barack is seen as the opposite of Bush (even though he really isn't). A corrupt Republican administration possibly followed by a weak, cowardly Democratic administration.
    Lately I've been hearing some conservative talk show hosts say that they rather see Obama win the presidency, because they don't want McCain running as a 'Rino' for the republican party. Their reasoning is that Obama will be so bad for the country, that it will then possibly open the door for a good conservative to come forward in four years? I'm worried, can we survive four years of Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly

Lately I've been hearing some conservative talk show hosts say that they rather see Obama win the presidency, because they don't want McCain running as a 'Rino' for the republican party. Their reasoning is that Obama will be so bad for the country, that it will then possibly open the door for a good conservative to come forward in four years? I'm worried, can we survive four years of Obama?
    I have considered that as well. Its along the same lines as the illegals marching in the streets. We sure as hell did not agree with them, while at the same time it galvanized our movement like nothing else. Personally, I do not care who wins. Its lose-lose. If McCain wins, the country may not be harmed as much. If Obama wins, it may galvanize our side, and we may get something better to oppose the Dems in 2012. I don't think that the country will be destroyed in merely 4 years. 2050 is the date IMO, perhaps sooner, but not 2012. We still have time to build a party that is not slaves to the Chamber of Commerce and repeatedly churns out OBL candidates.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic

I have considered that as well. Its along the same lines as the illegals marching in the streets. We sure as hell did not agree with them, while at the same time it galvanized our movement like nothing else. Personally, I do not care who wins. Its lose-lose. If McCain wins, the country may not be harmed as much. If Obama wins, it may galvanize our side, and we may get something better to oppose the Dems in 2012. I don't think that the country will be destroyed in merely 4 years. 2050 is the date IMO, perhaps sooner, but not 2012. We still have time to build a party that is not slaves to the Chamber of Commerce and repeatedly churns out OBL candidates.
    The thing that worries me the most, is that Obama will immediately push for an Amnesty and it will be passed. It looks like both the Senate and the House will be a majority of democrats this time. If the democrats in congress are able to legalize 30 million illegals, how will we be able to turn that around?...How about chain migration (all the relatives of the 30 million they just newly legalized)?

My own anwser to my above post is to get onto the Prayer thread.
    Prayer might be the only hope we have at this time.

The thing that worries me the most, is that Obama will immediately push for an Amnesty and it will be passed. It looks like both the Senate and the House will be a majority of democrats this time. If the democrats in congress are able to legalize 30 million illegals, how will we be able to turn that around?...How about chain migration (all the relatives of the 30 million they just newly legalized)?
    I think they both have an equal chance of passing an amnesty. Remember, it was McCain's own bill we were fighting against. He obviously wants this thing passed, and will work to do it as soon as possible. He can likely get enough Reps on board with his fake promises of "sealing the border first," along with all of the pro-amnesty Dems. The party that controls the House and Senate does not concern me as much as the individuals elected to the houses themselves. Some of the freshmen Dems that were elected in 06 are those that oppose amnesty, as seen in the SAVE Act. If the Dems want to pick up seats, they should run some pro-enforcement candidates -- the strategy that helped them take the House in 06.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

The party that controls the House and Senate does not concern me as much as the individuals elected to the houses themselves. Some of the freshmen Dems that were elected in 06 are those that oppose amnesty, as seen in the SAVE Act.
    I believe you're under estimating the power of the Democrat leadership. Why is it that many of the original cosponsors of the SAVE Act are now refusing to sign the petition to bring the bill to the floor? After the elections we will most certainly have the same leadership and arm-twisters in place. Actually, the political pundits are predicting that the Democrat leadership will have even more arms to twist.

I believe we're in serious trouble if we end up with a Democratic controlled Congress and a Democrat President sitting in the White House. History has shown us that a majority of Democrats in the U.S. Congress have always supported more immigration, not less. A handful of Democrats on our side will not remake the party and it will not change the direction of the majority. Now, on the other hand, a majority of the Republicans are most definitely against a mass amnesty and it would take an act of God to change their minds. Sorry, John McCain doesn't qualify. I don't think it's a stretch to say that McCain will have have more trouble than Bush from his party when it comes to his amnesty agenda.

Another thing that must be considered is federal judge appointments and confirmations We have been taking huge hits from liberal judges. Furthermore, the Democrats have been successful in stonewalling the confirmations of many conservative judges. A Democrat controlled Congress and Democrat president will, without doubt, push to appoint as many liberal judges as possible. I know this is only an after thought for many, but IMO, it should be of very serious concern to us.

Remember, it was McCain's own bill we were fighting against.
    Yes, and it was the Republicans that stopped it, not the Democrats! If I remember correctly, there were only 4 Democrats in the U.S. Senate that sided with us against the bill. Furthermore, it was Kennedy's bill too.

I too desire change, however, I'm very leary of taking the road some are promoting to achieve it. IMHO, this is NOT a situation where "the end justifies the means" because the end may come to late.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is why it's important who gets elected in Congress this year. Here in Idaho, we will push for Jim Risch to take Senator Craig's seat, and push to keep Representative Bill Sali in the House. Although I'm not overly impressed with both of these guys on other issues, they are both against illegal immigration and we need their votes. Jim Risch is a real good advocate for us against illegal immigration and he takes a stiff position.

So, please everyone, find out who is coming up for vote in your state, do your homework and try to help to get the best candidate you can. We need all the help we can get to stop any amnesty bills, regardless of who is President.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    tinybobidaho wrote:

So, please everyone, find out who is coming up for vote in your state, do your homework and try to help to get the best candidate you can. We need all the help we can get to stop any amnesty bills, regardless of who is President.
    Good advice. Moreover, when all things are equal, I suggest you consider voting for a conservative Republican.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast