Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5
    Family guy fan here - i quit watching it thanks to this episode.

I would also like to point out that Fox actually produced most of this episode without the executive producer and show creator: http://www.radiorevolt.com/comment.php?comment.news.643
    My mistake.

I guess I should have checked that out before leaping to the conclusion that MacFarlane was responsible for this episode-I didn't realize that this was a new show affected by the writer's strike, since I assumed that it was in the can for months-like most animated TV shows.

Sorry about that.

also at the very beginning the illegal bus boys in the bar were from Portugal, an obvious mis-representation of current events. And peter says "I am tired of these illegals taking all of the GOOD jobs and not speaking english".

Of course Peter has zero reason to believe they are illegal except due to the fact that they are not speaking english.
    There actually are a lot of Portuguese immigrants that live in New England the mid-Atlantic states-there's still a large section of Newark populated by immigrants from Portugal-but I don't know how many of them are here illegally.

I would assume that most are citizens-since they've been in this country for generations-but I could be mistaken.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

I watch the Family Guy is nothing else is on, but thanks to this episode, I will be certain not to watch it any longer. American Dad also is produced by the same people, but I didn't watch that one in the first place.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    American Dad also is produced by the same people, but I didn't watch that one in the first place.
    I watched one episode of that show.

It was worse than Family Guy, and I don't mean the current incarnation of FG, but the original version, which was wretched.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I hate to admit it, but I am a bit of a fan of the show. As I watched last nite, I wondered if any other ALIPAC'ers were watching too.

This show manages to make fun of everthing and everyone on a regular basis (from gays to fat people. My gosh, the baby wants to kill his own mother-what do you expect.).

If I had a dollar for every time they made fun of Jesus Christ and God, I MAY be almost as rich as the Catholic church! So, not that I condone the "illegal" episode one bit, but...it didn't surprise me one bit either. However, that being said, it DID piss me off. Wouldn't be the first time for that show.
    Isn't it interesting that parody, satire and comedy are fine for Christians and Jews, but no one dares make fun of islam? South Park is the only show that's ever parodied or satirized the "religion of peace" and even THAT was very non-specific.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    Isn't it interesting that parody, satire and comedy are fine for Christians and Jews, but no one dares make fun of islam? South Park is the only show that's ever parodied or satirized the "religion of peace" and even THAT was very non-specific.
    They had the only show that actually portrayed Mohammed-so it was religion-specific-but I think they got static from Comedy Central execs over that, although I don't know if that rumor was ever substantiated.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are probably the only two artists who merit the name. All of the other so-called writers for these insipid shows would be lucky to get work in a Chinese laogai in between breaking stones and protecting their internal organs. "Talentless" is giving them too much credit.

I would check out Team America though. Like I said, Stone and Parker are great.

The episode was loaded up at Youtube but it looks like Fox made them take it down fast.

There are parts of the episode clips

Family Guy - Peters An Illegal Immigrant
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5XeLkE4Gig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuR-RffrC7Y

------------

ALSO, the Sarah Silverman Show just jumped on this issue too and the writers for her show are on strike too!

I think it is time for us to find out who is writing during the strike! Perhaps the writers have been replaced by H1bs?

Sarah Silverman Show illegal aliens

pt 1
    http://www.ifilm.com/video/2908943

pt1
    http://www.ifilm.com/video/2910430

Video of Sarah Silverman supporting the strikers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES4gh66pu-k

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    The writer of this animated trash is obviously pro-illegal scum. What that clown doesn't realize is all the problems that illegals create by sneaking into the U.S. He, like many other mis-informed or brainwashed people don't full understand this criminal invasion. I would suggest that writer creep read the ALIPAC boards for a few days to get educated on the realities of illegal immigration.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

I formerly watched Family Guy several times daily (nothing else on...) and considered myself a big fan. After this propaganda its now banned in my home. Maybe they gained an anchor or two for price of the thosands they lost with this crap.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Duplicate

Better wait next time before hitting enter again...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123