Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If the farmers have a shortage, I think alot of it is due to the illegals moving on to better paying and easier jobs like construction. The lack of workers may be due to the decreased flow of new workers sneaking across the border because of the proposed enforcement crackdown.

Who knows. They could just be complaining to get a another guest worker program.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    If the farmers have a shortage, I think alot of it is due to the illegals moving on to better paying and easier jobs like construction. The lack of workers may be due to the decreased flow of new workers sneaking across the border because of the proposed enforcement crackdown.

Who knows. They could just be complaining to get a another guest worker program.
    Well if I have to pay a extra $0.25 for a head of lettuce because they had to hire Americans to do these jobs at decent wages, I won't be whining.

DeputyWP welcome to ALIPAC!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    DeputyWP welcome to ALIPAC!
    Thank you, but I've been with ALIPAC in support for a couple years now, just not in the vocal sense on here..

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Farmers better be quite or they will be replaced by Chinese farmers through imports.... Oh wait thats already happening!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Construction firms stole a lot of your farmworkers, Mr. Farmer.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

I recently drwove down highway 43 in California's Central Valley. This is the heart of ag country, everything you could imagine was being grown on both sides of the road. Like I said this is ag country, it is also prision country! I saw three big State prisons along the way, in Delano and Corcoran (2 prisons).

These farmers need to shut up and use American prison labor, it is right next to their farms!!

Most farms/farmers have been bought up by the corporations (e.g. Con-Agra). Why don't they dip into their huge profits or the CEO's salary and pay legal AMERICAN's a decent wage to pick their crops?

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyWP
    Bet if the Agricultural sector ever unionized, the unions would make sure these illegals wouldn't be invading the fields.

I for one am sick of this "oh, poor me, if we don't have enough workers, we won't be able to make as much money..." statements.. well who's fault is that..

And what about all these illegals running the roads with no license killing or injuring Americans when they get in auto accidents? I've certainly seen a rise in these occurrences over the past 5 years and drinking & driving is the root cause the majority of the time.
    Send your e-mail in support of AgJOBS

photo of American flagThe UFW is extremely disappointed in this nation’s leadership regarding the critical issue of immigration reform. Republicans and President Bush dangled hope in front of the eyes of millions, promising to work at reaching a solution to comprehensive immigration reform. Instead, they only showed us how they can debate for endless hours and get nothing accomplished.

Despite the senate vote, there is still an opportunity to move forward with AgJOBS this year. The bipartisan AgJOBS bill--negotiated between the UFW and the agricultural industry--would allow undocumented farm workers to earn the right to permanently stay in this country by continuing to work in agriculture.

The UFW intends to urge Congress to pass AgJOBS this year in order to ensure farm workers are able to come out the shadows of the country they help feed daily.

"Liberty and justice for all"--is a basic value in the U.S. Please remember to include the farm workers and help ensure the people who help feed this nation are protected and taken out of the shadows.

Check it out they have been for years.!
    UFW: The Official Web Page of the United Farm Workers of America
    http://www.ufw.org/
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

United Farm Workers now support Amnesty!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast