Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Equalizer
    United Farm Workers now support Amnesty!!
    It's been that way for a long time, the Ag Corporations broke the UFW with illegal scabs, they had more pull with Congress than the UFW did. That's why now half of UFW members are illegals!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    And, these farmers seem to forget.....WE are their ultimate survival.

They grow the crops, illegals pick the crops, the stores buy those crops, we buy those crops.

If we buy less, or none, of the crops, the stores don't order so many of those crops, the farmers don't make so much money off their crops.

Is that clear enough for them to understand?

It doesnt work that way.

No? I don't know, I remember them whimpering and whining a time or two when prices went way up on citrus, and a few other things due to extreme weather conditions, and people weren't buying so much. And my brother in law frequents a U Pick It place further up north that saw it's business boom because they don't hire illegals, where their competitor, who does hire illegals, was barely hanging on.

How would they fare if people started boycotting their produce the same way they're boycotting poultry. Somewhere along the line, they're going to feel the pinch and if consumers aren't buying the product..............
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Construction firms stole a lot of your farmworkers, Mr. Farmer.
    That's what happens. Illegals start at fruit picking, in six months graduate to something else and spread out all over the country. It's a never ending cycle and always a shortage because they don't stay in farmwork. If this continues without some sort of fix there will always be a non-stop need for new agriculture workers as all agriculture can't be mechanized 100 percent.
    I think we should go back to the old ways of letting in seasonal labor with the proviso that they go back to their country at end of season. Maybe they should be allowed only 6 months in the country yearly to earn money, and they shouldn't be allowed to bring in any of their families or children. And the owners of the farms need to keep tabs that they don't wander off to other jobs.
    We have a few smart people in Washington, I'm sure someone can figure some of this out so we have a farm labor pool that's steady and gets a good wage for seasonal work.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

I have a friend that has a family farm here in the valley. It's a small farm compared to the big farms but they do all the work them selves and sell it at their local farm stand. I have been eating the best corn on the cob, tomatoes, lettuce and I am loving it. I will be so sad when the season is over I will not be eating great salads...till next year.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    I have a friend that has a family farm here in the valley. It's a small farm compared to the big farms but they do all the work them selves and sell it at their local farm stand. I have been eating the best corn on the cob, tomatoes, lettuce and I am loving it. I will be so sad when the season is over I will not be eating great salads...till next year.
    When the season is over here in the States we get imported foods and veges, but because of cheaper labor on the other side of the Pacific Ocean almost all year round you can get Chinese grown produce in your supermarket! Best is to shop from a farmers market or local produce stands.... But only support the farmers that do there own harvesting!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Illegals working in construction in North Carolina are paid very well I've heard. You never see an American framing houses anymore.

Farmers need o get interested in harvesting machinery. If it is not made in America it is probably made somewhere overseas. We are one of the few countries that CAN rely on a huge pool of human labor to do the harvesting--but in doing so we are losing our cometitive edge. Some harvesting equipment is simple and can be mounted on a tractor as an attachment. Therfore it should pay for itself in a short span. If you can replace twenty human laborers with something that can even be operated 24/7 you have to start making money. This is what farmers in other civilized countries do.

American farmers were stopped by a lawsuit brought by farmworker legal organizers in 1979. We could have been leading the world in agricultural technology and American farmers would be competitive against Third World concerns that still must employ laborers. They made it certain that the US would be inundated with illegal laborers coming in via the gate of farmwork.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Farmers whine with their cheese about losing illegal labor is very easy to smash flat.

Right now there is not one less migrant than even a minute ago.
    Illegal migrants just aren't coming for farm work anymore.

The US has a net gain of at least a million illegal migrants each and every year.
    Even a banner year sees only 260thousand deportations.
    Millions invade, thousands leave.

When any employer says they're losing labor what they really mean is they're losing cheap labor to better paying jobs and they want a special government program to get their cheap, illegal, labor, back.

I don't care if all the farmers go out of business and end up in the streets.
    I'll grow my own food before I'll support their hiring of cheap, illegal foreign labor.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign
    Farmers whine with their cheese about losing illegal labor is very easy to smash flat.

Right now there is not one less migrant than even a minute ago.
    Illegal migrants just aren't coming for farm work anymore.

The US has a net gain of at least a million illegal migrants each and every year.
    Even a banner year sees only 260thousand deportations.
    Millions invade, thousands leave.

When any employer says they're losing labor what they really mean is they're losing cheap labor to better paying jobs and they want a special government program to get their cheap, illegal, labor, back.
    Them doing the lower level jobs means we can support an enlarged pofessional class. Whoopeee!!!! Like we really need more college grads buying foreign cars.

In some other discussion boards I am trying to point out to liberal readers---Sure, those highly taxed strategies are creating employment, but is it employment for American citizens? Sure, we can succeed at expanding the economy, if we don't mind the overcrowding that their method is going to create. Of course, adding a hundred millioon people will mean that more people in America are working. No argument there!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast