Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FAX Alert from the Opposition. Lets counter!

LetscCounter with e-mail, phone calls and faxes of our own. No Amnesty (CIR). Support all 4 enforcement Senate amendments!

Last week saw a number of developments in Washington, DC with implications for immigration reform.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY), Chairman of the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, announced plans to introduce a comprehensive immigration reform bill by Labor Day this year. This news follows his recent development of principles for immigration reform, which will guide his proposed legislation.

On Wednesday, the Council on Foreign Relations issued a report on US immigration policy authored by a bipartisan independent task force of policy leaders, including Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Former Clinton Chief of Staff Thomas McLarty. The report strongly urges passage of comprehensive immigration reform, specifically within an economic, foreign policy and national security framework.

Last week, the Senate passed five immigration-related amendments to the Senate Homeland Security appropriations bill, proposed by Sessions, DeMint, Grassley, Vitter and Hatch. The Hatch amendment provided legislative fixes for widows and orphans of citizens and permanent residents and extended the religious worker visa program. Meanwhile, the other amendments, respectively, made E-verify permanent and required for all federal contractors; set a deadline for construction of a border wall in which vehicle barriers don't count; made a requirement that E-verify users re-verify all their current employees, not just new hires; and prevented DHS from using funds to rescind the SSA "no-match" rule as it had just announced it would do.

This week, we need to make sure that Senators hear directly from you. What the nation needs is a comprehensive immigration reform to fix our broken immigration system. Sideshow amendments like the ones added to the Senate Homeland Security appropriations bill are distractions and potential obstacles to real solutions that the vast majority of Americans are calling for. The Campaign sent out targeted alerts both for Senators who voted conscientiously, and for Senators who chose bad politics over good immigration policy.

To send a fax to Congress in support of a comprehensive immigration reform, visit our website.

Administrative Updates:

The Department of Homeland Security has announced just now that, following a review of the 287(g) program, it will launch a revamped 287(g) reflecting new ICE priorities. The new criteria are a result of a review of the more controversial aspects of the program to target enforcement, prioritizing criminal enforcement first. New agreements will be signed with all the existing 287(g) jurisdictions, as well as 11 new locations. Read the DHS press release at http://www.dhs.gov/ynews/releases/pr_1247246453625.shtm.

The White House made two immigration-related policy announcements last week. First, the administration stated that DHS would require E-verify for all federal contractors and subcontractors. At the same time, they rescinded the ineffective No-Match rule requiring the Social Security Administration to notify employers that employees' social security numbers did not match. Read more about the White House announcements at http://www.immigrationforum.org/press/r ... ve-reform/.

The Department of Health and Human Services has proposed to remove the HIV-ban on travel and immigration to the U.S. This ban has prevented hundreds of people, from refugees to short-term travelers, from coming to the United States. The proposal is open for public comments until August 17, 2009. Read more about the proposal and the ban at Immigration Equality: http://www.immigrationequality.org/temp ... p?pageid=5.
    -- Rich Stolz, ReformImmigrationFORAmerica.org

April
    on IT!!!!

Done!! Thanks lawEnforcer!! always good to take down the oposition!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Related:
    CAPS Alert: Ask your Congressional leaders to keep immigration enforcement amendments in Conference Committee

(Go below to send a free e-mail or fax to your Congressional representative and 2 senators):
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-923495.html#923495
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Don't forget to check your Action Buffet at NumbersUSA too. I just left there after sending several free faxes pertaining to the amendments passed in the Senate.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Or compose and send your own directly. That's what I, and I think Sosadforus (and I'm sure others) did. Here's her statement before, I believe, the prepared emails and faxes were available. My apology if this info. is incorrect.

"Done!! Thanks lawEnforcer!! always good to take down the oposition!!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    Or compose and send your own directly. That's what I, and I think Sosadforus (and I'm sure others) did. Here's her statement before, I believe, the prepared emails and faxes were available. My apology if this info. is incorrect.

"Done!! Thanks lawEnforcer!! always good to take down the oposition!!"
    you are correct "Texas2step"!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Don't forget to check your Action Buffet at NumbersUSA too. I just left there after sending several free faxes pertaining to the amendments passed in the Senate.
    Great reminder MW, I check it everyday!!

MW
    Texas2step wrote:

Or compose and send your own directly. That's what I, and I think Sosadforus (and I'm sure others) did.
    If time permits, don't limit yourself. Send your own, the ones from NumbersUSA, and those being offered by other organizations. We need to literally swamp the halls of Congress with faxes, letters, emails, and keep the phones busy!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Texas2step wrote:

Or compose and send your own directly. That's what I, and I think Sosadforus (and I'm sure others) did.
    If time permits, don't limit yourself. Send your own, the ones from NumbersUSA, and those being offered by other organizations. We need to literally swamp the halls of Congress with faxes, letters, emails, and keep the phones busy!
    I always to both, my own and numbers and caps..I like to do my own input and numbers and caps is really fast and easy!!