Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FBI chief tells Graham that Russia is still involved in U.S. politics

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FBI chief tells Graham that Russia is still involved in U.S. politics

FBI chief tells Graham that Russia is still involved in U.S. politics

By Donovan Harrell
    May 03, 2017 6:09 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham’s interrogation of FBI Director James Comey in a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday revealed that Russia has continuing influence on the United States government beyond the recent presidential election.

“Is it fair to say that the Russian government is still involved in American politics?” Graham asked.

“Yes,” Comey replied.

“So what kind of threat do you believe Russia presents to our democratic process? Given which you know about Russia's behavior of late?” Graham asked.

“Well, certainly, in my view, the greatest threat of any nation on earth, given their intention and their capability,” Comey replied.

Graham, a South Carolina Republican, spent roughly seven minutes grilling Comey on Russian influence in the U.S. government as well as terrorism issues and even ex-congressman Anthony Weiner.

The two began discussing the potential threat of an increase in scattered terrorism if the Islamic State’s institutions were to diminish. Comey agreed when Graham asked him if, from a funding perspective, terrorism would get worse if this happens.

Graham then shifted to Weiner’s computer, which the FBI linked to Hillary Clinton in 2016 during its widely publicized classified email investigation.

Comey said classified information was forwarded to Weiner’s computer. Graham said Weiner shouldn’t have had access to classified information and Comey agreed, adding that there is a possibility that a crime was committed.

“Would you agree that it should be that anybody who that lets Anthony Weiner have classified information should probably be prosecuted? If our laws don't cover that, they probably should,” Graham asked.

“There's no Anthony Weiner statute,” Comey said.

Shifting the topic to Russia, Comey agreed with Graham’s assessment that Russia is a safe haven for cyber criminals. Comey added that Russian hackers tried to meddle with voter registration systems, but said there was no indication of changes in vote tallies.

Graham also questioned Comey about Carter Page, a former adviser to President Donald Trump and oil industry consultant with ties to Russia through his energy investment firm Global Energy Capital LLC.

Last month, Page revealed he was under Department of Justice surveillance for suspicions of possibly acting as a foreign agent for Russia.

Comey refused to answer if he considered Page an agent and whether there was a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant against him.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nati...148469744.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“So what kind of threat do you believe Russia presents to our democratic process? Given which you know about Russia's behavior of late?” Graham asked.

“Well, certainly, in my view, the greatest threat of any nation on earth, given their intention and their capability,” Comey replied.
    This is why Comey was fired, in my opinion.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    This is why Comey was fired, in my opinion.
    How is expressing your honest veiw on something regarding national security a reason for getting fired? I'm not arguing for or against Comey's firing. Actually I think he should have been fired immediately, but I do believe your opinion on why he was fired is invalid.

In the comment you quoted, I believe Comey could be correct when he said, “Well, certainly, in my view, the greatest threat of any nation on earth, given their intention and their capability,” Comey replied. Besides that, as he stated, it's just his view. Trump has not said, or implied, that was the reason for his firing.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is Comey's opinion and when you have such an opinion that differs so widely from the President's, you are not on board with the policies of this President and Commander-In-Chief and need to go. Comey is now gone and it's over.. A new FBI Director will be nominated, hopefully one with views that are more consistent with the President's policies and agenda.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-21-2017 at 10:04 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That is Comey's opinion and when you have such an opinion that differs so widely from the President's, you are not on board with the policies of this President and Commander-In-Chief and need to go. Comey is not gone and it's over.. A new FBI Director will be nominated, hopefully one with views that are more consistent with the President's policies and agenda.
    So I guess you're saying Trump's administration should be full of 'yes' men and women. That is fine up to a point, however, sometimes ethics, integrity, and honor, may make good folks stand up and fight something they know to be wrong, regardless of their bosses position. For example, if President Trump attempts to sign an amnesty bill for illegals, I hope folks like Bannon and Jeff Sessions will adamately argue against such foolishness for the sake of our country.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re russia - totally inaccurate and out of date - podesta and the clintons feared no threats and dealt with them handily.
    Of course, we should always be aware of any nation's capabilities/history that we deal with.

Comey said classified information was forwarded to Weiner’s computer. Graham said Weiner shouldn’t have had access to classified information and Comey agreed, adding that there is a possibility that a crime was committed.

“Would you agree that it should be that anybody who that lets Anthony Weiner have classified information should probably be prosecuted? If our laws don't cover that, they probably should,” Graham asked.

“There's no Anthony Weiner statute,” Comey said.
    You messed up BIG TIME COMEY THAT IS WHY YOU ARE OUT OF HERE. “There's no Anthony Weiner statute,” Comey said.

Ever hear anything like that? All hillary's classified sos emails sent to pervert weiners laptop - he has no security clearance and is a pervert, soon to be convicted and jailed - talk your way out of not bringing charges against clinton comey.

His wife, huma's mother is the muslim sisterhood leader. Their router was set up to route to a third party - enough said. What kind of FBI did comey actually head?
    Last edited by artist; 05-21-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    So I guess you're saying Trump's administration should be full of 'yes' men and women. That is fine up to a point, however, sometimes ethics, integrity, and honor, may make good folks stand up and fight something they know to be wrong, regardless of their bosses position. For example, if President Trump attempts to sign an amnesty bill for illegals, I hope folks like Bannon and Jeff Sessions will adamately argue against such foolishness for the sake of our country.
    I think when your opinions differ from the President's on issues he campaigned on and was elected to act on, then you're an opponent to the policy and a possible impediment to the Agenda.