Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NO! THE ANSWER IS NO. NO GUEST WORKERS.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF WORKERS IN THIS COUNTRY. JUST PAY THEM ENOUGH AND THEY WILL WORK. ALSO IN ANY PUBLISHED ADS IT SHOULD BE STATED THAT THE EMPLOYER ENCOURAGES APPLICANTS FROM ALL BACKGROUNDS. I THINK PART OF THE PROBLEM IS THAT AMERICAN WORKERS THINK THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME TO APPLY FOR THESE JOBS AS THE EMPLOYER IS REALLY LOOKING FOR ILLEGALS. IF THE PAY IS RIGHT AND THERE IS A CHANCE TO GET THE JOB, THEN AMERICANS WILL APPLY. ESPECIALLY RIGHT NOW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I JUST WENT OVER TO CRAIGSLIST AND COULD NOT FIND ANY JOB ADS FOR AGRICULTURE.

NO ADS FOR PICKERS. IF THEY ARE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME FINDING LABOR, WHY IS IT THEY ARE NOT USING SUCH A WELL KNOWN SITE AS CRAIGSLIST? I DONT THINK THEY WANT AMERICAN LABOR AT ALL OTHERWISE CRAIGSLIST WOULD BE THE FIRST STOP.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Farmers did exactly like the other Employers of Illegals did.
    They failed to plan.
    They thought they could just blatantly ignore the law forever.
    Even if the Farmers plant less, all we'd need to balance it is cut back on foreign food aid and subsidies. There's no sense in shorting ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur277
    The Farmers did exactly like the other Employers of Illegals did.
    They failed to plan.
    They thought they could just blatantly ignore the law forever.
    Even if the Farmers plant less, all we'd need to balance it is cut back on foreign food aid and subsidies. There's no sense in shorting ourselves.
    Your post is good solid logic to me . But !!! We have a Country with Leaders that are as As_ Backwards as can be had.
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I'm a college graduate who is currently unemployed and in search of work. You think if I give Feinstein a call tomorrow that perhaps she could give me a list of those farms/farmers who apparently cannot find any American Citizens who are willing to do this work?
    And the fact that these farmers claim to pay between 14 and 18 dollars an hour...?

In general, I believe that U.S. businesses should hire American workers.
    I received this same "form" letter. Not once has Feinstein shown concern for the American worker. And, yes, the purpose of the Ag jobs, is to get this "piece of legislature" from that horrific amnesty bill passed, so they can move on to the next. They know they aren't going to get a giant legalization/amnesty bill through, so they're trying to sneak it through piece by piece. I'll be writing her again !
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU GET IN, IT'S HOW YOU GET OUT

April
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicie
    In general, I believe that U.S. businesses should hire American workers.
    I received this same "form" letter. Not once has Feinstein shown concern for the American worker. And, yes, the purpose of the Ag jobs, is to get this "piece of legislature" from that horrific amnesty bill passed, so they can move on to the next. They know they aren't going to get a giant legalization/amnesty bill through, so they're trying to sneak it through piece by piece. I'll be writing her again !
    Good for you Nicie, they are intent on getting amnesty through any way they can and it is up to us to remain vigilant and not let them sneak it through!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    I'm a college graduate who is currently unemployed and in search of work. You think if I give Feinstein a call tomorrow that perhaps she could give me a list of those farms/farmers who apparently cannot find any American Citizens who are willing to do this work?
    And the fact that these farmers claim to pay between 14 and 18 dollars an hour...?
    Exactly Rockfish! Why cannot I as an American Citizen get an opportunity to earn $18.00 an hour working in the fields. I have even taken a post harvest technology course at at UC Davis in which I spent a week in the fields of central California, observing every step of farming operations, all the way up from harvest to the final product being processed, packaged and shipped.

Feinstein and her like claim they have unsuccessful in their efforts to attract American Workers into the fields. I want to see the job postings they have used on career builder.com or monster.com.

I suspect that i'm not the only college graduate, or non-graduate for that matter, who is out of work that would jump at the chance to earn $18.00 working in the fields!

OK, I have a few thoughts here.
    I live in the middle of wheat fields. And all of our grain processing is done by machines. From plowing to seeding to harvesting.
    However, many crops cannot be done by machinery.
    How many of you have vegetables growing in your garden, or have fruit trees???
    Expand your thoughts from a 50 foot x 100 foot plot of vegetables, to acres, and I mean acres and acres of vegetables and fruit trees. Many crops and fruits have intensive care needs. Harvesting of many fruits and vegetables cannot be done by machinery. Lettuce is fragile, cherries are fragile, and I could name numerous other crops that are fragile. Many of these crops have to be dealt with by hand, not machines. A machine cannot prune a fruit tree as far as I know.
    So, I can understand some of this from a business person's aspect as far as agriculture is concerned.
    BUT, I also understand that there is an unlimited cap on agricultural workers. So, why aren't farmers using that visa program for workers???
    And I never heard of $18-20 an hour for a farm worker. Was that per day?
    Some of our American children should get off of their rears, away from their computers, and try working on a farm!!!! Bucking bales of hay is no fun and damn hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    OK, I have a few thoughts here.
    I live in the middle of wheat fields. And all of our grain processing is done by machines. From plowing to seeding to harvesting.
    However, many crops cannot be done by machinery.
    How many of you have vegetables growing in your garden, or have fruit trees???
    Expand your thoughts from a 50 foot x 100 foot plot of vegetables, to acres, and I mean acres and acres of vegetables and fruit trees. Many crops and fruits have intensive care needs. Harvesting of many fruits and vegetables cannot be done by machinery. Lettuce is fragile, cherries are fragile, and I could name numerous other crops that are fragile. Many of these crops have to be dealt with by hand, not machines. A machine cannot prune a fruit tree as far as I know.
    So, I can understand some of this from a business person's aspect as far as agriculture is concerned.
    BUT, I also understand that there is an unlimited cap on agricultural workers. So, why aren't farmers using that visa program for workers???
    And I never heard of $18-20 an hour for a farm worker. Was that per day?
    Some of our American children should get off of their rears, away from their computers, and try working on a farm!!!! Bucking bales of hay is no fun and damn hard work.
    No mbrown, that pay rate is per hour. Granted, 18-20 an hour might be on the high side, but certainly 15.00 on hour is not unheard of. In fact, here is a link to an article which references an LA Times Article that indicates some workers earn $15.00 an hour.

Keep in mind this article is two years old and that average wage of 15.00 may very well be closer to 16.00 - 18.00 per hour.
    There are other articles here at ALIPAC which also discuss this issue. I'm not going to go dig those up, although you are free to do so if you require additional information.

Also, I do not think that large commercial ag businesses who engage in growing citrus and other commercial crops use animals, thus i'm not sure what "bailing hay" would have to do with this issue (unless there is some other use for hay?). Bailing hay is hard work, picking strawberries by hand, not as much.

http://www.nvczone.com/Labor_Shortag...April_2006.htm

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast