Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    THANKS APRIL AND EVERYONE YOU ARE ALL SO GREAT TO WORK WITH, SURE IS BETTER WORKING AS A GROUP THAN ALL ALONE: WHEN IT COMES BACK UP WE WILL JUST HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN, THERE IS NO GIVING UP AND NO GIVING IN!( Aprils famous words)
    I AM SO PROUD TO BE A PART OF THIS WONDERFUL GROUP OF PATRIOTS WHO DO NOT GIVE UP AND REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!! FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION FOR US!
    Thank you so much, everyone. It is wonderful to have a place such as this of like-minded people. I get encouraged and motivated with each visit to this site. We won't back down!!!

So how do you keep a guy on a rail long enough to run him out of town with a [Mod Edit]. . . . .? What the heck, is that like duct tape or velcro? I fear it is political correctness run-a-muck and now a flexible heavy cord of tightly intertwined fiber is now the "R" word? good greif, grow up people.
    Stop the MOB deny the JOB

Statement of Senator Dianne Feinstein on her decision not to offer AgJOBS as an amendment to the Farm

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) today announced that she will not offer a measure to create a stable, reliable agricultural work force - known as AgJOBS - on the farm bill under consideration this week by the Senate. The following is the text of her statement:

"I had every intention of offering legislation to create a stable reliable agricultural worker program - known as AgJOBS - as an amendment on the farm bill. This is something I've been working on for a long time now. Our allies in agriculture - growers, farmers, and labor - have been rallying the troops. We've been lobbying members and counting votes. And we were prepared to fight the good fight. When we started this effort, we knew it was an uphill battle because immigration reform is such a hot button issue. But we knew that it was critical for the U.S. agriculture industry to pass this bill, and we knew that a majority of Members in the Senate supports AgJOBS. Why is this so important? Because without it, we will continue to see labor shortages far into the future. Fruit will rot. Crops will go unharvested. Operations will be forced to cut back or move to Mexico. And U.S. agriculture will lose market share to growers abroad - in China, in South America, in Europe. We know that we can win this. A broad bipartisan coalition of members believe AgJOBS is a necessary solution to the crisis being faced by the agricultural industry. But in this session, unfortunately, you need more than broad support - you need the right time and opportunity to line up as well. So when we took a clear-eyed assessment of the politics of the Farm bill and the defeat of the DREAM Act and comprehensive immigration reform, it became clear that our support could not sustain these competing forces. Unfortunately, many of our supporters believe they cannot support AgJOBS on the Farm bill. So after numerous meetings and discussions, we have decided not to endanger the broad support for AgJOBS by taking a non-representative vote on the Farm bill. But this fight is not over. We will be seeking time for this bill on the Senate floor - perhaps this winter or early next year. I am writing to Majority Leader Harry Reid and asking for floor time designated for the consideration of AgJOBS. And if there is another legislative vehicle that is a viable option, we won't hesitate to move AgJOBS as an amendment. And if any immigration amendment is offered to the Farm Bill, I will not hesitate to offer AgJOBS as a second degree amendment. Bottom line: I am committed to moving AgJOBS in whatever way that I can this year. We will not give up the fight."

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/immigr ... of-se.html

NOTE: if wouldn't hurt to still make a few phone calls, e-mails and faxes to hammer the coffin lid shut and tight on this amnesty travesty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    And if there is another legislative vehicle that is a viable option, we won't hesitate to move AgJOBS as an amendment. And if any immigration amendment is offered to the Farm Bill, I will not hesitate to offer AgJOBS as a second degree amendment. Bottom line: I am committed to moving AgJOBS in whatever way that I can this year. We will not give up the fight."
    True Zeezil. You cannot trust these people. A few more emails and faxes is a sound idea.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223