Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fla. Legislator Rips Trump for Comment to Soldier's Widow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fla. Legislator Rips Trump for Comment to Soldier's Widow

Fla. Legislator Rips Trump for Comment to Soldier's Widow

Tuesday, October 17, 2017 11:08 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson ripped President Donald Trump on Tuesday for telling the widow of an Army sergeant killed in an Islamic State ambush in Africa that "he knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens it hurts anyway."

"There's no reason for the president to be so insensitive," the four term Democrat told Don Lemon on CNN.

"Not only to the family of this soldier, but the impervious rhetoric was so disrespectful to the family of every soldier that has paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

"Our community is livid."

Army Sgt. La David Johnson, 25, of Miami Gardens, died when he and three other Green Berets were ambushed Oct. 4 by ISIS terrorists in Niger.
    Four Nigerian soldiers were also slain.

Johnson's body, found two days after he was killed, was returned to Florida on Tuesday — landing at Miami International Airport.

Wilson told Lemon she was in the limousine with Johnson's pregnant widow, Myeshia, and other family members when Trump's call came about 4:45 p.m. ET.

The couple also have a 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter.
    Trump and Myeshia Johnson spoke for about five minutes, Wilson said.

"I heard what he said because the phone was on speaker," she told Lemon.

"He was a hero for us — and we don't like what was said.
    "That is not something that you say to a grieving wife."

Wilson said she asked to speak the president but was not allowed.
    "I was going to curse him out," she told Lemon. "I was livid."

Myeshia Johnson, meantime, "was just crying," the representative said. "She couldn't say anything.

"The only thing she said when it was time to hang up was, 'thank you, bye-bye.'"

The White House told CNN in a statement: "The president's conversations with the families of American heroes, who have made the ultimate sacrifice, are private."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gol.../17/id/820399/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 10-17-2017 at 11:33 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have no idea what they are talking about. What is wrong with saying he knew what he signed up for, that means, he knew the risks, and that's what he wanted to do. I think the widow was crying because this politician somehow weasled her loud-mouth, big hat and fat ass into the vehicle for publicity and spoiled the whole conversation with the President.

God bless these brave Green Berets and their wonderful families. I hope they figure out what happened. Someone tipped off the ISIS fighters and set a horrible trap for these Green Berets. Thank God for the French, or the whole team could have been lost.
    Last edited by Judy; 10-18-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I have no idea what they are talking about. What is wrong with saying he knew what he signed up for, that means, he knew the risks, and that's what he wanted to do. I think the widow was crying because this politician somehow weasled her lou-mouth, big hat and fat ass into the vehicle for publicity and spoiled the whole conversation with the President.

God bless these brave Green Berets and their wonderful families. I hope they figure out what happened. Someone tipped off the ISIS fighters and set a horrible trap for these Green Berets. Thank God for the French, or the whole team could have been lost.

Judy, it is political and for publicity to shame the President. Those calls have to be so hard for the President and to have your words leaked and then twisted to mean something unfeeling is sad.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Even I have to admit the comment was a little insensitive if it was said exactly as is being reported. I'm not arguing that it isn't a fact, however, I think it's something that could have went without being said to the wife in her time of grief. It's something the wife already knew, but it's not exactly something you say to console someone who just lost their loved one.

According to the article the phone call was 5 minutes in length. If the wife had a problem with her 'private' call from the president, then perhaps she should have shared her concerns. None of this is coming from her, it's coming from CNN and an eavesdropping Democrat who has a biased hate for anything Republican ..... as does CNN.
    Last edited by MW; 10-18-2017 at 11:10 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Judy, it is political and for publicity to shame the President. Those calls have to be so hard for the President and to have your words leaked and then twisted to mean something unfeeling is sad.
    Leave it to a DemoQuack to try to demoralize the troops on the brink of war. Remember what they did to our troops in Vietnam? Totally disgusting.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn