Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Found a immigrants rights website giving false data

I stumbbled on to this website called American Friends Service Committee. They let anyone take there survey. I looked at the results page, took it, then looked at the results page again. 1147 people have taken it. They claim 86% of Americans in favor of unlimited guest worker, 84% want ICE raids to stop immediatley...(and it gets worst). It's BS because after I reviewed the results (second time) the poll didn't count my results. I fell into the 3% catagory of what Americans want. I urge everybody flood this site and take the 5 min. survey. No registration required. Here is the link: http://www.afsc.org/immigration-survey/default.htm

Man that test pissed me off. I dont know if I should post my comments I left them here. Pretty harsh, but that survey was a freaking joke.

America has spoken, and she LOUDLY SAID NO! No more, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE!! NO FREAKING MORE!

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

I left the bad parts out.
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

MW
    I'm not taking the poll because I want the number to remain as outrageous as they are right now! The numbers prove the poll is bogus.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Oh heck, I changed my mind and took the survey. You have to really pay attention to how the question/response is layed out in each section to avoid marking incorrectly.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I 'm not answering their questions...that is a farce! Immigration should be concerned about keeping families together? Sound familiar? Everything is about immigrants, not the illegal aliens.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

lots of flaws in this survey.

Building fences on the border will not stop the flow of immigrants into the U.S.
    the word not is not used in research very often because it is often overlooked by respondents reading or listening to a poll. Instead the questions should be written in positive form like "The flow of illegal aliens will continue if a fence is built on the border"

also this question muddies the waters between immigrant and illegal alien. Logically a border fence would not stop the flow of immigrants, and this could force people to vote that direction even if they believe it will stop illegal aliens.

White supremacist groups use the immigration debate as a recruiting tool.
    they could use the answers to this question to bias their analysis of the poll saying that since people dont support white supremacey and that being against illegals is helping the KKK then everyone against illegal aliens must be white and racist.

When we deny rights to one group, such as immigrants, we make it easier for everyone to be denied rights in the future.
    same with this question. It doesnt fit with the scale answers they are looking for. The answer to this is way too logical. They could manipulate this answer to say that amercia believes that denying illegal aliens rights will infringe all of our rights.

The very last questions. they have two boxes highlighted in yellow as if trying to send a message to poll takers to pay special attention. Those questions include disbanding 'vigilante groups' and giving illegal aliens amnesty. This is most likely their main purpose to show that americans support these two measures.

also notice how all the responses on the scale questions are all extreme. This is out of whack with mainstream america whose answers to any poll most normally gravitate to the inside. That means that the people answering this were predispositioned before even reading the questions, most likely the same person or group of persons answering over and over.

now notice that many of the fields have numbers that dont match. For example "city and state" should be the same number, but they vary wildly.

and the final observation is that the majority of respondents identified as being extremely liberal or liberal, again this does not represent mainstream america so we could see a small group of people taking this informal poll who were predisposed before taking it.

Final thoughts: this study is biased, flawed, buggy and down right a disgrace to the research world. if this is ever used as proof by any news agency they should be contacted and questioned on it's validity and the +\- % of error that the study reported.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJones
    I 'm not answering their questions...that is a farce! Immigration should be concerned about keeping families together? Sound familiar? Everything is about immigrants, not the illegal aliens.

Isn't that nice how they drag race & religion into the argument.And how about this statement.. "Federal, state, county law enforcement should disban local border patrol vigilante groups" -85% in favor ..YEA RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Skipp
    Isn't that nice how they drag race & religion into the argument.And how about this statement.. "Federal, state, county law enforcement should disban local border patrol vigilante groups" -85% in favor ..YEA RIGHT!
    well skip there are two explanations. Either the people answering to that are from a small set of people who the author of the poll knew would answer that way because of the wording.

or people who take that statement literally. I for one am against VIGILANTE groups on the border, but the Minutemen do not qualify as VIGILANTES because they do not bring physical harm. They are more like neighborhood watch for the border.

This one was right on:

Requiring that all persons carry a national identity card at all times.

Yes 20.5% (225)
    No 79.5% (870)
    Now if the question was "all non-citizen should carry a national ID card", then I certainly would agree with that.

H.

I guess this one must tell the story:

Do you think of yourself as liberal or conservative? Would you say you are:

Extremely Liberal 33.0% 361
    Liberal 43.1% 471
    Slightly Liberal 8.4% 92
    Moderate 11.1% 121
    Slightly Conservative 1.7% 19
    Conservative 2.2% 24
    Extremely Conservative 0.5% 5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast