Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Bren
    Its on fox cable , not local fox affiliates

I can't believe that it is not on in some areas!!

Look at your station guide----it HAS to be on!!!

Is there a live link???
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Romney and Thompson, in my opinion, are the only ones that make sense. McClown and Huck never answer the questions. They skirt around the issues. Huck reminds me of a used car salesman. Boy can he talk but without substance.

Banned
    Romney counters McCain saying McCain has been in washington for
    years and nothing has changed

Sunday, January 6, 2008
    Politics

Back to front page »
    January 6, 2008,* 8:41 pm

G.O.P. Rematch: Romney Fires First Round
    By Michael Cooper

It was the Republican Debate, Episode II: Mitt Romney Strikes Back.

After being pummeled by his opponents in a debate on Saturday night, Mr. Romney came out swinging Sunday night during the opening minutes of a Republican presidential forum that was broadcast on Fox News.
    Right away he took aim at his main rival in New Hampshire, Senator John McCain of Arizona.

“Senator McCain was one of two Republicans who voted against the Bush tax cuts,’’ he said at the outset. Then, with a pivot, he took the fight to Mike Huckabee, the former governor of Arkansas. “Net-net did you raise taxes in your state by half a billion dollars?’’ he pressed him. He even damned Fred D. Thompson’s Social Security proposal with the faintest of praise, warning that it was not politically viable.

Mr. Huckabee did not deny raising taxes, but offered that he had had a “court order that said that we had to improve education,’’ adding, “Education is a good thing.’’

It was a rollicking opening to a forum that had most of the leading candidates sitting together at the same desk, like unhappy co-anchors. The leading candidates were all there except for Representative Ron Paul of Texas, who was excluded from the forum despite outraising many of his rivals and beating Rudolph W. Giuliani in the Iowa caucus.

The network said that it had invited candidates who had double-digit leads in national polls.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Romney and Thompson, in my opinion, are the only ones that make sense. McClown and Huck never answer the questions. They skirt around the issues. Huck reminds me of a used car salesman. Boy can he talk but without substance.
    I agree!!

However, Fox also said that McCain won the debate yesterday!!

How the heck did they get that????
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I wonder if it is on Fox News which I do not get.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren4824
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    I agree!!

However, Fox also said that McCain won the debate yesterday!!

How the heck did they get that????
    I thought fox called it for Romney?
    Abc called it for McCain

Banned
    Richard

Its on Fox news cable

I am so impressed with Romney, I wish I could vote for him tomorrow. I hate to say this, but I saw a testiness in Thompson, more like a condesending attitude toward Mathews that I didn't like. I believe he was trying to defend his tax plan and he got defensive. I didn't like it. I have to learn more about the various tax plans, but at this point I think Mitt is a star and I would trust whatever his plan is.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast