Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    Thanks, I'm from Southern California too!
    You have my sympathy

You have my sympathy also!
    We can cry on each other's shoulders while sending faxes and emails! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    You know this is a good point. I'm sure their families are getting food stamps as well. If that be the case then why aren't they buying food for their children to take to school with them?
    I'm like you, buying my lunch at school was a luxury. We had to take ours.
    And they will be getting WIC too!
    I don't know if that is a nation wide program, but here in California, low income families with small children are given WIC coupons for dairy, cereal and other nutritional items including the very expensive baby formula.

My twelve year old was DISGUSTED when he learned about the free school lunch program for illegals...he said

Mom, why should they get free lunches and I have to take a sandwich everyday, dad works really hard for us!

That is MY question too!
    WIC is available to illegal aliens. I believe they are one of the biggest users of the program.

You have my sympathy

That's sad but true! Some days I really do want to cry. We are losing a great state!

The rate things are going, the U.S. will eventually run out of money. The middle class will be gone. The inner cities and most of the suburbs will be choked with crime, pollution, disease and over-crowding and the illegals will still be demanding more. Meanwhile, the politicians will be drinking over-priced cognac and smoking $50 cigars with the elitist rich snobs that we will all be working for dirt-wages for.

You have my sympathy

That's sad but true! Some days I really do want to cry. We are losing a great state!
    Take heart! Listen to the sound of furious Americans!
    You can't believe how many Californians there are on this board.

THE ILLEGALS WILL GO HOME BEFORE THIS IS OVER!!!

DJ

California educator viewpoint

I too am from California and very involved in education. I have watched our schools drop lower and lower over the last 10 years. I teach for a university that trains new teachers, and let me tell you, these California teachers are working themselves to death in an environment that has become impossible. They are faced with teaching English as their first priority. Teaching their subject comes in second. Just imagine what it is like to have the majority of your class non-English speakers. I don't care what fancy methods you use, the regular students are not getting the education their tax-paying parents deserve. It's very disheartening. The problem is also that the school districts are paid $$ for each student--whether citizen or illegal. They can't ask. So they have a vested interest in keeping our classes overcrowded and our teachers overworked because of the money issue. We are being driven to a point where middle class families will send their kids to private schools or home school them. Being politically Conservative and in the education environment is tricky. People like me are very careful about voicing our true opinions for fear of reprisals. Our fear of appearing to be racists stops reasonable people from speaking out. Poor California. I wonder how long it will be before retiring tax-payers just leave the state. It's probably happening already. I love this state, and watching it decline makes me very sad.

Hi DJ!

First let me welcome you to ALIPAC! We are very happy that you are here!

I know exactly what you are saying about the state of our schools. I had to remove my son from public school and put him into a small charter program. The school he was in was so overcrowded and underfunded. The kids were violent, the teachers were overwhelmed and exhausted! My son was so very unhappy and falling through the cracks. So I had to take him out of the school we pay property tax for, and move him to another town. Now, I can't work because I have to be home with him several days a week and I have to drive him up and down the highway several days a week. All so children who do not belong in this country and have no appreciation for it can get a free education they are not entitled too.
    It is infuriating!
    fortunatly, my son is doing much better! He is excelling now!
    I am glad I had that option but many Americans don't and it is very unfair!

I live in North Carolina and our schools are really starting to feel the effects of this invasion. Alot of the illegals have come here and had kids in the past few years so their children have not even entered the schools yet. A little girl in my daughter's class transferred to our school because her mom said she was reading Spanish better than English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ

California school issue

People like you who finally take their kids out of public schools are doing the best for their children, of course, but it's very tragic for the school system since kids who are removed are often the better students who provide good modeling for others. We are becoming a society of those at the top who can manage to remove their children from the mess--and those who don't have the means to do that. What that means for well-deserving kids whose parents just don't have the money is the sad thing. Being poor should not condemn those families to schooling that is sub-par--but that is what I see happening.

Connected to this issue is that our governor is pushing for health coverage for all children. Universal health coverage might be possible for citizens--but if we are not allowed to prove who is in that category, our health coverage issue in this country will just get worse and worse.

It's great talking to you all on a topic so important to me.

Re: California school issue

I mean this sincerly, DJ.

You should continue to talk about this issue as much as possible!
    You have valuable insight and that is always needed!

That is what this forum is all about!
    Each of us brings our own strengths and knowledge to share with one another and we lift each other up!

I think you will be very happy getting to know all of us. This group of people are outstanding. I have been very enriched by the expericence!
    Hope to hear A LOT from you about education! It is an essential topic!

As far as removing my son, I simply had to. His teachers would complain that he asked too many questions and was restless. Well, of course he was, he was bored out of his mind and seeking more knowledge!
    He has accomplished a great deal since being moved. Straight A's, he medaled in the Pentahalon this year, acheived his black belt in karate and scored very high on the State testing requirements. Had I left him where he was, I am afraid that bad students would have brought him down rather then him bringing them up...and yes, it is a shame.
    I had to give up my career. I am glad to be able to do it, for my kids but I shouldn't have had to. That is the real tragedy in all of this. Americans continue to make the sacrafices and the illegals continue to make the gains.

Edited because "Hooked on Phonics" didn't work for me!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast