Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gates Foundation gives $70M to Hispanic education effort

[b] http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stor ... a=from_rss

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said it will give nearly $70 million in grants to aid Hispanic education efforts concentrating in New York City, New Mexico and California.

The Seattle-based foundation said the goal is to double the number of low-income students who earn a degree by age 26, or an increase of about 250,000 graduates each year.

“Hispanics continue to grow as a proportion of the labor force, and yet they are not getting the postsecondary degrees that will prepare them to excel in the modern economy. With these new grants, organizations will be able to help more young people get through college,â€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

How racist is that? How about the money to education for any person who qualifies?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll be having my kid apply for some of that. I encourage EVERYONE, legally present in the US, with even one drop of hispanic blood or whose parent/grandparent was born in any latin country to apply for it.

I have a friend who would qualify just because her GERMAN mother was born in Chile. That counts.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Crazybird, don't you know all European type people are rich and don't need any assistance??? There is more of a "feel good" factor associated by giving money to minorities than just to anyone. You get more awards and recognition from all kinds of groups. THere is no praise involved by just "equally" distributing financial help.

with even one drop of hispanic blood or whose parent/grandparent was born in any latin country to apply for it.
    In discussing exactly what is hispanic, some had said France was considered in the Latin countries. Does that count?

Crazybird, don't you know all European type people are rich and don't need any assistance???
    Ever since I was born, I've been instructed to move over and get out of the way. I did benefit from a few breaks being a woman....but that doesn't count for anything anymore either. Especially an old one.

Geez, where was Gates when I was trying to get through school? I had a deadbeat dad who woudln't give me a dime -- so I got through college the old fashioned way -- by working my way through.

Why can't THESE people work their way through? I had NOTHING as a kid. My parents gave me a room and a bed. I earned the rest.

They've all got rooms and a bed. They've got access to our public schools. Why isn't that enough for them??

Re: Gates Foundation gives $70M to Hispanic education effort

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican

The Seattle-based foundation said the goal is to double the number of low-income students who earn a degree by age 26,
    What a deal, Bill Gates will pay for 8 years of school while you lay around getting your bachelors degree.

Re: Gates Foundation gives $70M to Hispanic education effort

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    [b] http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/stor ... a=from_rss

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation said it will give nearly $70 million in grants to aid Hispanic education efforts concentrating in New York City, New Mexico and California.
    Hey it just hit me!! Now the illegal "kids" don't need the Dream Act, Bill Gates is paying for their education so we don't have to!! And when they graduate, they can go to work for Microsoft in their country of origin!!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    How racist is that? How about the money to education for any person who qualifies?
    Let's slam Billy with emails and calls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

It’s important to us to be available to our partners, potential grantees, and the public. Please use the following contact information to connect with the office or department that can best meet your needs.

Main Office
    PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    (206) 709-3100
    info@gatesfoundation.org
    Media Inquiries (Press Only)

PO Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    (206) 709-3400
    media@gatesfoundation.org

East Coast Office
    PO Box 6176
    Ben Franklin Station
    Washington, D.C. 20044
    Grant Inquiries
    (206) 709-3140
    info@gatesfoundation.org
    Visit our Grant Seekers section for more information.

Web Site
    We value your feedback.
    E-mail our web team directly
    with your comments or questions.
    Scholarships
    Visit our Scholarships page for all program information.

Note: If you are a member of the news media, please use the phone number or email address above to leave a detailed message. Include your name, press affiliation, phone number, questions, and deadline. We check messages every hour between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

If you have an urgent deadline and require immediate assistance, you can page us at (206) 236-4774. Our pager system is for urgent, imminent-deadline requests only.

If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast