Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I urge everyone to explore the alternative political parties to find one that fits your personal beliefs. If your views lean liberal then the Green Party or the Peace and Freedom Party may be right for you. If your views lean conservative (like mine) The American Freedom Party may be right for you. I haven't voted for Republicans or Democrats since the 1st Illegal Amnesty of 4.2 million illegals was granted by Ronnie Regan in 1986.

"We need Tax refom and Immigration reform, all we get from the government is cloroform.......Are we to remain asleep?"
    -Moe Howard - The Three Stooges - Three Dark Horses 1952
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

I will check on that, Defens. I can't remember whether I've looked at that one or not. I looked at either that one or the Constitution Party but I thought it sounded overly religious. Don't like the Green Party for sure. I'm not liberal except on Choice and stem cell research. Don't worry--I'll be looking for some party or some INDEPENDENT person before next election.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I was permanently barred from Free Republic for saying how I felt about this man and his leadership. That is coming from my keyboard and you can all choose to believe me or not. I know how I feel about him.

And yes, Bootsie, I am one of the 51% who voted for him (because I would never vote for Kerry or somebody like him) and regret it now. I regretted it then, but at the time I thought he was the lesser of the evils. At least my party would have retained the seat and the man backed by Michael Moore and all the spoiled celebrities, Malibu/Manhattan millionaires, and George Soros would not have won.

CAFTA is a disaster and I have stated this on many threads on this website. I won't get into that, you can all do your research in the archives if you don't believe me. I've done my research on it and written Judd Gregg, John Sununu and Jeb Bradley, asking them to vote "noe". They all voted for it.

I remember being furious in 2001 when Bill Clinton was still being referred to as "President Clinton" and George W. Bush was "Mr. Bush". Even FoxNews was doing it and they still do it.

In terms of him not being the "President of Ireland" there is such a thing as international protocol and respect for a title. A doctor is a doctor in Ireland as well as America. Why should it be different for a President? If I was a doctor I would ask to be called as such no matter where I was because of the work that I put into earning that title and the responsibilities that I have. Even if I was the worst doctor on Earth I still have a doctorate and would still be deserving of that respect.

Does this mean that foreign dignitaries visiting America should be not be referred to by their leadership titles? Let's see that happen sometime.

The press shouldn't be censored and President Bush should be criticized for this. But that still doesn't warrant blatant disrespect from some snot nosed European elitist/journalist who is lucky that America took in so many of his countrymen when there were no potatoes to be found.

Furthermore, I'm no longer in the military. However, being in the military taught me that without certain things held sacred in this country the whole thing falls apart. Respect for the POTUS and the responsibilities inherent in that is one of them.

I thought and still think that Bill Clinton (oops, PRESIDENT Clinton) was LEAST deserving of the title, even more so than President Bush.

G.W.B. never turned the Oval Office into a sex lair! That is showing ZERO respect to the people of the United States and to the most treasured and powerful position in the world. If he had taken it to the Motel 6 in Arlington I wouldn't have cared! But he said that, by doing what he did, NOTHING in America is sacred.

Yet I would STILL have called him "Mr. President" because that is what he was whether I liked it or not.

No, I can't be punished under UCMJ or charged with sedition any longer for showing disrespect to POTUS. But I would still rather have a "President" than a king or a chairman. Call me a Patriotist or a sheep or whatever. I don't care. I would never burn a flag because I wouldn't want to look like a terrorist or, worse, a UC Berkeley English Professor. I would never blatantly PERSONALLY disrespect ANY U.S. President for the same reason. WHEN WE SHOW WEAKNESS IS WHEN OUR ENEMIES ARE JUSTIFIED. I guess it's just the "unified front" nationalist pride in me.

'06 and '08 will be lost to illegal immigration, which is why I'm here. But I still believe in America, freedom, democracy, and disrespecting our Presidency (not the person but the Office) and allowing others to do so is NOT the way to fix things. Dissent is one thing; encouraging foreigner journalists to spit on our shoes is another.

I sure agree with you on at least one point. It makes me SICK when I hear Fox calling Clinton, "Mr. President". That is just ridiculous. And, Clinton just made me SICK. I certainly never voted for that one but, in retrospect, I feel that what he did was GROSS BUT it did not damage our country like Bush has done and continues to do. Clinton was a hyprocrite plain and simple. And, his little peccadilloes certainly diminished the Office of the President. But, I still feel like it spoke to his PERSONAL character but did not do irreparable harm to our country. So, I sure don't defend Clinton.

But, two wrongs don't make a right. Bush has so divided this country that I wonder if we will ever recover. He has done so much damage to our country around the world that it is very easy for me to see why an Irish reporter would not honor him by calling him "Mr. President". In my opinion, one has to EARN respect and it seems to me that he has done everything in his power to destroy any respect that the world ever had for him. I know he has destroyed any respect I had for him.

I would also add that those Irish, who happen to be some of my ancestors, have made HUGE contributions to our country. They did NOT come here illegally and, frankly, I'm just not of the opinion that, just because they immigrated here almost 200 years ago, they are beholden to us for eternity.

What HAS proven out is that Europe's (the "Old Europe" according to Rumsfeld) assessment of our going to war in Iraq was correct. I think, if you look at the polls, a MAJORITY of Americans now believe that we should not be there. Why do some of you continue to punish Europe for refusing to help us in Iraq? After all, they ALL helped us in Afghanistan--a war we SHOULD have fought. In fact, we should have done a whole lot more in Afghanistan rather than jumping into Iraq because Bush thought he was riding high and had found his chance to avenge his father's mistakes. There is just NO EXCUSE for our not having found bin Laden, al Zawahiri and Mullah Omar. None under the sun. If we had not pulled the largest part of our troops out of Afghanistan to send them to Iraq, I truly believe that we would have caught the people who did us harm on 9/11.

Even those who disagree with me about Iraq, and that number steadily decreases, can't argue that Bush has mishandled almost EVERY issue that has faced our country and has made us look like a bunch of fools. I was taught that respect had to be earned, that it was not a given, and Bush has LOST mine.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12