Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

George Putnam MS-13 In Your Backyard

One Reporter's Opinion – MS-13 in Your Backyard
    George Putnam
    Friday, Aug. 19, 2005
    It is this reporter's opinion that while the nation focuses on terrorism, we have all but overlooked the issue of gang violence. Over the past fifty years in Los Angeles we have covered many of the homegrown gangs: the White Fence gang, Boyle Heights gang, the Bloods and the Crips, and others.

These were child's play compared with America's most dangerous gang: the Mara Salvatrucha 13 street gang (MS-13).

The gang was organized in Los Angeles in the late '80s and was named for La Mara, a street in San Salvador. Its primary purpose was to defend Salvadoran immigrants from being preyed upon by other L.A. street gangs. Gang members sometimes wear blue and white – colors taken from the flag of El Salvador. They also sport numerous body and facial tattoos.

MS-13 has expanded from California to Alaska, Oregon, Utah, Texas, Nevada, Oklahoma ... from New York to Los Angeles and Alaska to Florida. MS-13 has also been exported back to Central America. It is estimated there are 36,000 MS-13 members in Honduras alone.

They are vicious, they are violent, they murder, rob, rape and behead their victims.

MS-13 appears to be in control of much of the Mexican border. To sustain themselves financially, they smuggle people, drugs and guns across borders. They collect money from illegals. Where MS-13 goes, violence goes. They stop at nothing.

MS-13 is becoming everyone's problem. It is a plague that has come to Long Island from El Salvador by way of the streets of Los Angeles.

One of their main targets is the police officer. Recently, they offered $50,000 bounty for the assassination of a U.S. law enforcement officer.

MS-13 has frequently resorted to leaving a dismembered corpse, complete with a decapitated head, as a calling card. They send a blood message to members and associates: "If you are not loyal, you are dead."

While other street gangs confine themselves to peddling drugs or robberies, MS-13 offers to do "any crime at any time." None of us should feel we are excluded. They operate just below the surface in so-called "peaceful" communities.

As example: In Charlotte, N.C., fifty-three gang members were arrested as part of "Operation Fed Up." In this medium-sized southern city, MS-13 has been involved in at least eleven murders since 2000.

Once MS-13 takes hold in a community, it grows rapidly. The gang reportedly has 300 members in suburban Long Island. A few years back, it didn't have any. In Nassau County the FBI has arrested sixteen leaders of MS-13.

MS-13 has a zero tolerance policy toward anyone who informs. This gang has become such a widespread problem; the plague that came to Long Island from El Salvador by way of the streets of Los Angeles follows the same patterns as the Salvadoran immigrant community that it preys upon, fanning out across the U.S. from ethnic enclaves in California.

When individual groups of MS-13 unite, the results can be devastating. Robert Hart, senior agent in charge with the FBI, says: "MS-13 is becoming a much tighter organization with much stronger structures instead of various cliques doing whatever they want, wherever they want. There is one individual who is the czar in charge."

Now you've heard about America's most dangerous gang, the Mara Salvatrucha 13 street gang (MS-13). Remember the name. They are organized. They are deadly. And they're in your backyard!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/article ... 0858.shtml
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now you've heard about America's most dangerous gang, the Mara Salvatrucha 13 street gang (MS-13). Remember the name. They are organized. They are deadly. And they're in your backyard!
    Nope, not in my backyard. The dogsters just wouldn't allow that!

Now, I had a small commercial building tagged a few years ago and guess who had to cover the costs of painting over it. Me, of course! The small town sent out letters to all property owners saying if they did not paint over or remove the gang tagging, the city would do it and bill the resident.

Until I started reading on illegal immigration did I know that MS-13 had tagged my property. That was 2-3 years ago. It's a small town - maybe they're "wanna-be's" but I can tell you that there are many life-long residents in that town and they are very fed up with all the Mexicans that have literally taken over the town. Most of them aren't afraid of saying so either!

Ms-13 is a huge problem in Northern Va. No one seems to want to do anything about it. We had MS-13 graffitti show up on our playground equipment and the homeowners assocaition promptly removed all the equipment and left nothing in it's place. Then large groups of Hispanics began using the open area for socceer games and drinking and God knows what else. I am happy to say I have since moved from this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Ms-13 is a huge problem in Northern Va. No one seems to want to do anything about it. We had MS-13 graffitti show up on our playground equipment and the homeowners assocaition promptly removed all the equipment and left nothing in it's place. Then large groups of Hispanics began using the open area for socceer games and drinking and God knows what else. I am happy to say I have since moved from this environment.
    Good for you that you're gone but sad for the people left behind!

I say a prayer of thanks everyday that I was fortunate enough to get out and a little pissed off that it came to that. I had lived in Northern Va. all 44 years of my life and I cannot express how deperate the situation is back there. We were lucky to buy out townhouse when we did and to sell it for a nice profit. The real drawback here in Pa. is the TAXES! They tax us to death compared to Va. When people ask why we moved from Washington, D.C. area I tell them the truth about MS-13 and all theillegals flooding into and taking over the area. I explain that these are not people looking for a better way of life, but common criminals who bring their mayhem with them. I am educating the people of Western Pa. how serious the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    When people ask why we moved from Washington, D.C. area I tell them the truth about MS-13 and all theillegals flooding into and taking over the area. I explain that these are not people looking for a better way of life, but common criminals who bring their mayhem with them. I am educating the people of Western Pa. how serious the problem is.
    Good for you! Everyone needs to bust that lie that they are "good-hearted folks" (choke, choke!) "coming for a better life."

They stick together like birds of a feather, they will never assimilate, it's a culture clash that can't be bridged, etc. etc. etc.

Wonder why the gangs are converging around D.C. Think they want to overthrow the government? :P

You know, MopheadBlue, it is STRANGE as to why so many go to Washington, D.C...I can't explain that, can anyone?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    You know, MopheadBlue, it is STRANGE as to why so many go to Washington, D.C...I can't explain that, can anyone?
    I agree, the DC, VA area. Don't think it's coincidence.

Or did Bush invite them? :P

He says they're just "good-hearted folks!"

That's what it seems like. They're thinking it will be even better for them if they stay near someone who will support them. Maybe the White House should be relocated to Laredo. (temporarily, that is. I think Mrs. Tancredo rather likes Cherry Trees).

I'll tell you why they flock to Washington D.C. because they are embraced! They don't have to jump through hoops to get their driver licenses, enroll their children in school, etc.. There are alot of "highly educated" people in the region who want cheap daycare and cheap labor to remodel their million dollar homes. Some actually brag how little they pay in child care cost by hiring an illegal. Of course, they get a little annoyed when I ask what will happen in an emergency if the babysitter can't communicate with the 911 operator. Bottom line, they benefit financially from having them here and they don't live in their neighborhoods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast