Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GR

Georgia resorts hires legal workers after firing illegals.

Finally, a move towards wisdom:

Georgia resorts actually hired legal workers after they fired illegal aliens.
    Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2013 at 10:21 PM.

My grandson, who just finished his 3rd year in college, is having a difficult time finding a job for the summer. Each summer, it is getting harder and harder to find a job. After finding nothing in construction, stocking at grocery stores, etc. he finally started applying at restaurants as a cook. He did work as a cook a couple of years ago. He said while he was filling out an application at one restaurant, the bartender told him that most restaurants that he was familar with, now hires only illegals (yes, he said illegals) as cooks who bearly speaks English. I see this trend all over. The parking garages, security guards in my building, the cleaning crew in my building (one individual told us he is from El Salvador and hasn't seen his 4 kids in El Salvador for six years -- what does that say?), the hostesses (who set up conference rooms for meetings, etc) at my firm five years ago were all African-American women, but now they are all Hispanic women. It is discouraging sometimes.

I fail to understand people who support illegal immigration when their own family members cannot even get an entry level job. They seem suicidal to me.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

You know, big business will fight this every step of the way. Since Illegals will accept below minimum wage, it is a form of modern day slavery. What is more important, most are paid under the table, or if they do get taxed, they use someone elses Social Security number (then that individual gets flattened by the IRS). The only way this country is going to recover is to stop hiring illegals, paid and tax those who do work (consistently), and the government to stay out of our lives.

The only thing I want the government to do is to "secure the borders", do that, and I might stop critisizing them...(only for a few moments).

immigration law and employment

According to USC 8 1324b (a) (4) it is legal to give citizens preferential hiring in cases where another individual is equally qualified.

The whole section (USC 8 1324 is interesting. It sets out that citizens and certain legal immigrants are "protected classes" for employment.

The law seems to say that protected classes can file complaints against employers that hire others over them (including illegal aliens).

GR
    Americans need to find out who owns the restaurants in America, because if they are franchises, then any foreigner can own them. Good chance they're owned by a hispanic / latino who is not in any way connected to America.

Americans who know managers in restaurants need to ask how they get away with hiring illegal aliens over Americans, then report it to everyone.

Actions speak louder than words, which leaves Americans to understand that Mexico, their illegal aliens, and the USA Govt all LIE what their involvement in the invasion of illegal aliens REALLY is, and what it's REALLY about.