Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gingrich: ‘We are not the anti-Obama movement’

Gingrich: ‘We are not the anti-Obama movement’

Posted by Aaron Blake on March 16, 2013 at 10:54 am

Former House speaker Newt Gingrich (R) said Saturday that the Republican Party needs to stop being defined by its opposition to President Obama.
    Echoing former Florida governor Jeb Bush, who the night before told the Conservative Political Action Conference crowd that the GOP needs to stop being viewed as anti-everything, Gingrich told the same crowd the GOP needs to adjust its focus away from the president.
    “We are not the anti-Obama movement,” he said.

Gingrich said that the Republican Party, which is currently debating how to move forward and whether to reinvent itself, doesn’t need to redefine itself but does need to think new thoughts.
    “You’re going to hear a false attack that we don’t need new ideas,” Gingrich said. “I’d like to draw a distinction. We don’t need new principles.”
    Gingrich praised RNC Chairman Reince Priebus for taking stock of where the party is, but said the GOP establishment doesn’t have the answers.
    “We must disenthrall ourselves from the establishment’s anti-idea” philosophy, he said. “The Republican establishment is just plain wrong about how it approaches politics. The Republican consulting class is just plain wrong about how it approaches politics.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/03/16/gingrich-we-are-not-the-anti-obama-movement/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Newt says a lot of things and he still views himself as a political "broker" and he is not. JMO

Gingrich: Obama Immigration Bill Will Never Pass House Due to Hostility Towards President

By Noel Sheppard | February 17, 2013 | 13:34
    3342Reddit00

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich made a statement on ABC's This Week Sunday that will turn heads on both sides of Capitol Hill and both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue.

"An Obama immigration plan is not going to pass the House" due to "the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility."

NEWT GINGRICH: I think there's a very important part of this that the Obama administration probably can't bring itself to deal with: an Obama immigration plan is not going to pass the House.JONATHAN KARL, SUBSTITUTE HOST: He needs a Rubio/Obama plan.

GINGRICH: No, I'm just saying just as a Bush Social Security plan after '04 was dead because it was the Bush Social Security plan. So if you want to actually get legislation…

KARL: Can I ask you, will a Rubio immigration plan pass the House?

GINGRICH: No, but I think a Rubio, the House Republicans and House Democrats have been meeting on immigration. I mean, I think there will be a House immigration bill that has a very substantial support that Boehner and Cantor and others will be supporting, and I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president's desk. But an Obama plan led and driven by Obama in this atmosphere with the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility I think is very hard to imagine that bill, that his bill is going to pass the House.

Read more: Gingrich: Obama Immigration Bill Will Never Pass House Due to Hostility Towards President | NewsBusters