Glenn Beck

Bizarre.

‘Petulant temper tantrum’: Tara Setmayer rips Obama’s immigration policy

"That press conference was borderline bizarre given the timing of it, given his...
www.glennbeck.com

‘Petulant temper tantrum’: Tara Setmayer rips Obama’s immigration policy

Wednesday, Jul 2, 2014 at 9:37 AM EST
Video at the page link:

President Obama has once again chosen to turn to his trusty pen, this time to enact his immigration reform policy. While those pesky Republicans in the House of Representatives refuse to “pass a darn bill,” Obama has decided he will legislate via executive action on the issue.
“I take executive action only when we have a serious problem, a serious issue and Congress chooses to do nothing,” the President said in a Rose Garden speech. “In this situation, the failure of the House Republicans to pass a darn bill is bad for our security, it’s bad for our economy, and it’s bad for our future.”
On Tuesday’s Glenn Beck Program, Dana Loesch filled in for Glenn and welcomed TheBlaze’s Tara Setmayer to discuss the Obama Administration’s new immigration plan and its never ending demonization of Republicans – particularly the Tea Party.
When you consider the Supreme Court ruled just a week ago that Obama’s recess appointments were an abuse of power, the timing of this latest ‘go it alone’ announcement is particularly interesting.
“That press conference was borderline bizarre given the timing of it, given his attitude,” Setmayer explained. “I called it a ‘petulant temper tantrum’ thrown by the President.”
Not only did the President vow to act unilaterally to pass his agenda, he went ahead and blamed Republicans for supposedly forcing his hand. Apparently, Obama has failed to remember Congress is supposed to represent the will of the people.
“I mean [he is] coming out there and basically saying that, ‘You know what? I don’t care that Congress, which is supposed to represent the people… I don’t care that the people have rejected the amnesty bill that I want pushed through Congress. I’m going to go at it alone, and it’s your fault,’” she said. “‘You guys are making me do this because you won’t get anything done.’”
Ultimately, Setmayer believes the President was “intellectually dishonest” in his speech.
“He had the audacity to turn around and blame the Tea Party for the crisis on the border,” Setmayer said. “‘The Tea Party is holding up legislation, and it’s their fault that we have this influx of tens of thousands of unaccompanied illegal immigrant kids coming across the border.’ I mean it was so intellectually dishonest. It was tough to watch actually.”

Front page image courtesy of the AP

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/07/02/...ration-policy/