Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: GOP health-care bill would drop addiction treatment mandate covering 1.3 million Amer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't know for sure, but I think Medicare did pay for some equipment, from what families have told me.

Also, I remember a story of some doctors and a seller of those mechanized carts scamming Medicare for millions of dollars.

To be honest, I have no personal dealings with it.
    When my friend liquidated estates, the family would tell us Medicare paid for things like potty chairs, lifts, walkers, etc.

Sometimes, the local nursing homes would buy the walkers and potty chairs from the estate, but usually they were sold for maybe $5.

I don't know for sure, but I think Medicare did pay for some equipment, from what families have told me.

Also, I remember a story of some doctors and a seller of those mechanized carts scamming Medicare for millions of dollars.

When my friend liquidated estates, the family would tell us Medicare paid for things like potty chairs, lifts, walkers, etc.

Sometimes, the local nursing homes would buy the walkers and potty chairs from the estate, but usually they were sold for maybe $5.

A lady did tell me not long ago that Medicare would pay for one device in a time period - maybe a year.

I do not qualify for Medicaid or government subsidies

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post

Yes, that's right, at least that's what my Mom received which is my only experience with it is through her. They also rent special adjustable beds, not the fancy kind in the hospital, more like what you see in a nursing home but very helpful. I don't know about oxygen and BiPAPP type machines, but I think so. A friend of mine, her mother needed that at home for awhile and I'm pretty sure Medicare pays for that and the oxygen. Mom didn't need any of that so I don't know for sure. Other types of equipment might also be available depending on the illness and what you need for safe home care.

I was just really impressed with all that Medicare did for my Mother, and her retirement insurance that covered most of the balance, not all but most. That's why I'm so supportive of Medicare. Others may not have had the same experience but we honestly didn't have to worry at all about anything major to speak of. I was really appreciative of that as was my dear Mother. And it may be because of the supplemental insurance that Mom's retirement covered. I don't even know what those numbers amount to, but they would have been a serious burden if not paid by her employer.

Apparently Obamacare has totally screwed up the affordable supplemental insurance for Medicare enrollees that was available before Obamacare and that is just awful, unforgivable to make that supplemental insurance so expensive for people on Social Security. Disgusting. This mess has to be deconstructed to use a business term, and that is what Trump is doing, peeling it away like an onion.

Well, I look forward to seeing what things are like after he finishes his 3 phases. He's a pretty picky guy so I think it will be good. I don't think that 30% premium hike on lapsed insurance is going to fly, that's pretty stupid really, just discourages people from signing up. I also read where that only applied to people with pre-existing conditions, so it's not clear who it actually applies to and best I can tell it's not mandatory, it's an option for the insurance companies to do that if they feel they need to or want to, but the market can just say "NO". When we are not forced to purchase or pay a tax penalty, it changes everything. It puts power back into the hands of the customer.

I just know that where we are today in medical care is so different than it was when I was growing up. We had wonderful hospitals in a larger city about 30 miles from my hometown and that's where everyone had all their major procedures done and even a lot of specialized type doctor's appointment, allergies, dermatologists, EENT's, etc. 99% of our community all earned within about the same lower middle class incomes and no one was ever not able to have a surgery or good care when they needed it and no one was eligible for any type of government health program except the poorest of the poor, so poor it would break your heart, and senior citizens on Medicare. And a lot of people didn't have insurance, I'd say most people didn't, but they could work out the bill with the hospitals and make reasonable payments over 2 or 3 years to pay for it. No one ever had to sell their property or take out a loan or anything like that. It was good times.

We need to go back and study those days and figure out exactly where all this money is going today that didn't go to anyone then. Personally, I think the attitude of medical professionals has strayed far away from the Hippocratic Oath and Florence Nightingale and gone the way of the Slum Landlord.
    Last edited by Judy; 03-15-2017 at 01:39 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123