Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Grassley stays firm in his support of Donald Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grassley stays firm in his support of Donald Trump

AUGUST 9, 2016 BY MATT KELLEY

While some prominent Republicans refuse to endorse the Republican presidential nominee, Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley isn’t one of them.

Grassley spoke at a Donald Trump event before the Iowa Caucuses but has been absent from Iowa Trump rallies this summer. Grassley says he is not ducking the events, says he’ll likely see Trump this month and may attend more rallies before Election Day.

“Unless he decides not to come to Senator (Joni) Ernst’s Ride and Roast event on August 27th, I thought I would attend there for sure,” Grassley says, “and then who knows what’s going to happen in September and October.” Trump has been in Iowa three times in recent weeks and Grassley says all of the appearances presented scheduling conflicts for him.

“Last Friday, I went to the Black Hawk County Republican Women’s luncheon in support of Congressman (Rod) Blum,” Grassley says. “He was the main speaker but I did speak as well. And then the previous week, when (Trump) first came to Davenport and Cedar Rapids, I had my town meetings scheduled.” Trump’s running mate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, campaigned on Monday in Sioux City and Council Bluffs, but Grassley says he couldn’t make it to those rallies either.

Grassley says, “I was thinking of going with Pence yesterday but another event I had in Cedar Falls that I hadn’t gone to for a long time came up.” A Republican U.S. Senator from Maine announced Monday she will not be supporting Trump. Grassley says Susan Collins is the third GOP senator to make that choice but he won’t be joining her.

Grassley says, “I’m asked at almost every town meeting, am I supporting Trump, and of course, I announced that a couple of months ago.” If a Republican isn’t elected president in November, Grassley says, “We’re going to have four more years of Obama, only with Hillary Clinton, it’s going to be on steroids.”

https://www.radioiowa.com/2016/08/09...-donald-trump/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's so nice to hear from these sane, responsible, Republicans. Thank you Senator Grassley. Thank you very very much.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn