Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Group Targets Latinos With Education About DWI

http://www.wral.com/news/5471096/detail.html

This doesn't give a breakdown of citizenship or percentage of the county population but I though the arrest percentage was really high.

DURHAM, N.C. -- A grassroots effort to keep drunken drivers off the street took its message to the courtroom Monday.

The Durham Latino Coalition for the Prevention of DWI handed out fliers to drivers in traffic court.

The group primarily targeted Latinos who they say make up nearly 40 percent of all people charged with drunken driving in Durham.

Volunteers plan to be at the Durham County Courthouse all week.

The Durham Latino Coalition for the Prevention of DWI handed out fliers to drivers in traffic court.
    Isn't waiting until they get to traffic court a little too late??

I thought 40 percent was really high compared to an article I saw about Mecklenburg Co. where the arrest percentage was 25 percent and the population was 8 percent.

I agree 40% is awfully high for hispanic DWIs. Maybe the numbers are just reported wrong.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome to Durham. Invasion Central. It's a very very dangerous place. Murder Capital of NC.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And this is just DUI's. How much you want to bet that traffic court in general is higher than 40?