Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Guess Who Just Announced They Might Be Running For Arizona Governor

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Guess Who Just Announced They Might Be Running For Arizona Governor

Guess Who Just Announced They Might Be Running For Arizona Governor

Posted by Dom The Conservative On March 13, 2014 0 Comment

Conservative Tribune — Making the announcement after current Arizona governor Jan Brewer announced that she would not be seeking a third term, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the controversial Maricopa County, Arizona sheriff, is thinking about running for governor of Arizona, according to a new report.

“Sheriff Joe” calls himself the “toughest sheriff in America” and is known for his crackdowns on illegal immigration as well as his strict treatment of inmates. As we’ve written, Arpaio forced inmates to eat and drink nothing but bread and water for an extended period of time as punishment for desecrating an American flag that was in their cells.

Via Newsmax:

“If I’m ever going to do it, I should do it now,” Arpaio, 81, said in an exclusive interview. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 86 years old.

“If I’m going to do it, the only problem is that I have to resign as sheriff,” he added. “I have a lot of things going on, a lot of sensitive things going on.”

Arpaio declined to be more specific — only saying: “If I leave, it’s all going to be in vain. So I have to weigh that.”

[...]

He told Newsmax that he raised $3.5 million last year for a possible gubernatorial campaign and that he planned to release a position paper next week “that would show what I would do if I were the governor.

“If I decide to run, it would give the public some idea of what I have in mind, what my platform would be,” Arpaio said.

While Maricopa County would lose a fantastic law enforcement officer in Sheriff Joe, the entire state would benefit from having a governor who would be tough on crime and illegal immigration (since they’re getting no help from the feds). “Law and order”-type Republicans tend to do well in big election races, as evidenced by Rudy Giuliani’s success as mayor of liberal New York City.

While it remains to be seen what Arpaio’s policies on other issues are, it’s possible that he could shift the primary race into a discussion about enforcing the law, being tough on crime, and making sure our borders are secure.

Author: Dom The Conservative

Dom is a Christian conservative, mother, and wife. Dom’s purpose for writing is to inform, anger, and unite “We the People”.

Twitter | Facebook |

http://universalfreepress.com/guess-...zona-governor/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    “Sheriff Joe” is Thinking About Running for Governor of Arizona

Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the controversial Maricopa County, Arizona sheriff, is thinking about running for governor of Arizona, according to a new report.
    “Sheriff Joe” calls himself the “toughest sheriff in America” and is known for his crackdowns on illegal immigration as well as his strict treatment of inmates. As we’ve written, Arpaio forced inmates to eat and drink nothing but bread and water for an extended period of time as punishment for desecrating an American flag that was in their cells.
    He made the announcement about a possible run after current Arizona governor Jan Brewer announced that she would not be seeking a third term.

http://conservativetribune.com/sheri...-for-governor/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He has MY vote ..
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn