Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

H–1B and L–1 Visa Reform Act of 2009

The importation of temporary foreign workers using the visas H-1B and L-1, primarily from India, have devastated the Michigan economy, and many Michigan workers have had to train their replacements as a result of many of these workers using fake resumes to get these jobs.

This legislation is supposed to address the overuse of temporary foreign labor in the US and bring back some "level playing field" so that more Americans can get their jobs back. This is a current copy of that legislation:

http://www.itgrunt.com/s.887.is.pdf

What is worse is that some are working on tax payer funded government contracts.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pretty much everything the average citizen believes about safeguards and checks on the abuse of the H-1B visa program, and its sister the L-1, is wrong. Even what few safeguards are mentioned in the law are regularly ignored in order to bring these folks here - even now, after hundreds of thousands of us have been laid off.

If one more of these smart alecks says to me, "I flew over your country and saw mostly empty space, which means you should let in as many of us as want to come." I'm going to scream. They keep claiming to know more about my country, its history, and its laws, than I do. They think we killed all the Indians, or that the few who remain are confined to reservations, that none of us take higher math and science classes (actually, I know a Navajo woman with a Master's in math), and that we need to increase our population so that we can get things done. Who is it who doesn't know much about our history? I have also flown over the country, and driven over it and lived in a lot of it - I know what that land is like and what it can support. Not a bunch of salivating wannabes, that's for sure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know that Indians did the same in Canada. They would come up with a degree usually a fake one and have friends and relatives as former employers which would give them good references.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)