Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

mkfarnam,

I agree, when I started fighting this, I did write polite letters, but when they continued to turn their backs on us, I somehow couldn't control the anger I feel.

See, I don't know if they pay attention to polite letters, harsh letters, or at all...
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

What our leaders like Reid want to do to solve the illegal immigration problem is open the borders and let them come in and call it "legal" and the to bring those in the "shadows" out is to give them amnesty.
    To solve the problem, we only have to enforce all the immigration laws. Those against businesses that hire illegals without legal documents and repeal the 14th amendment and do not allow children of illegals to auto-matic citizenship. Those are things that bring them here illegal.

I will not let a burglar who broke into my house and stole my television to keep it just because he has it now.
    Giving them the the things that they broke the law to get will not solve the problem. It will cause more to break the law.

Harry Reid on immigration.

America needs comprehensive immigration reformWhile I am strongly opposed to illegal immigration and believe that our immigration laws should be strictly enforced, there is near-universal agreement that our system is broken and in need of reform.

OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM IS NOT BROKEN.
    IT IS THE LAWS NOT BEING ENFORCED THAT IS BROKEN BY A GOVERNMENT THAT IS BROKEN AND NEED TO BE REFORMED.
    BUSINESS THAT DO NOT OBEY THE IMMIGRATION LAW IS BROKEN.
    YOU DO NOT CHANGE THE LAW TO FIT THE CRIME OF THE CRIMINAL SO THAT IT DOES NOT MAKE HIS ACTS A CRIME.

Immigration reform is a national security issue of critical importance. We need to know who is in our country and who is crossing our borders. I believe that everyone who comes into the United States must be screened and every worker must have legal authorization to work. Reform will allow us to focus our resources on criminals, terrorists, and those who wish to do us harm.

THAT IS WHY THE IMMIGRATION LAWS NEED TO BE ENFORCED.
    NO ONE WOULD COME IN ILLEGAL TO WORK WITHOUT LEGAL DOCUMENTS IF BUSINESS WERE NOT ALLOWED TO HIRE THEM.
    THEN WE WOULD KNOW THOSE WHO ARE COMING ACROSS THE BORDER ARE CRIMINALS OR TERRORISTS.

I believe reform should include strong and effective enforcement of our borders, tough sanctions against employers who hire undocumented immigrants, a temporary worker program, and an opportunity for undocumented immigrants currently in this country to get right with the law and earn their way to U.S. citizenship if they work hard for several years, learn English, pay their taxes, pass a criminal background check, and pay fines and penalties for being here unlawfully.

THE LAWS ARE ALREADY THERE.
    AMNESTY TO THOSE HERE ILLEGALLY IS A REWARD FOR THEM BREAKING THE LAW.
    THERE IS NOT WAY POSSIBLE TO KNOW HOW MUCH TAXES ARE OWED. NO WAY TO CHECK THERE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, HERE ARE IN MEXICO WHEN THEY ARE USING FALSE I.D.s. THERE IS NOT FINE THAT WOULD FIT THE CRIME. AMNESTY IS ONLY EARNED THE LEGAL WAY.
    JUST BECAUSE THE CRIMINAL IS IN MY HOUSE IS NO LEGAL GROUNDS FOR HIM TO STAY AT MY EXPENSE.

I support immigration reform that protects the U.S. economy and American competitiveness, while also safeguarding the rights and wages of American workers.

IMMIGRATION REFORM IS NOT NEEDED, ENFORCE IS NEEDED.
    IT IS NOT COMPETITIVENESS WHEN AN ILLEGAL TAKES MY JOB FROM ME JUST BECAUSE HE BIDS FOR IT AT LOWER WAGES.
    SAFE GUARD THE RIGHTS AND WAGES OF AMERICAN WORKERS BY ENFORCING THE IMMIGRATION LAWS THAT ARE ALREADY ON THE BOOK

Hard-working immigrants have been crucial to the strong economic growth Nevada has witnessed in recent years, and I believe we need immigration reform to ensure our state’s continued economic health. Reform is also important to keep Nevada’s families – many of which include U.S. citizens or immigrants legally in the United States, as well as undocumented members – together.

NOT IMMIGRANTS, BUT “ILELGAL ALIENS.” NO MATTER HOW YOU SWEETEN IT UP, IT IS STILL ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM AND NOT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
    “UNDOCUMENTED MEMBERS” ARE “ILLEGAL ALIENS.”
    “A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME STILL SMELL THE SAME.”
    “IF IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK, QUACK LIKE A DUCK , IT MUST BE A DUCK
    .”

We must not forget that we are a nation founded on and built by immigrants. Our grandparents and great-grandparents came here to pursue the American dream, and we should honor that proud heritage as we work to reform our immigration laws.

[b]
    WE ARE NO LONGER INTO “NATION BUILDING,” BUT OUR GOVERNMENT AND BUSINESSES STILL BELIEVE WE ARE.
    AGAIN, OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS DO NOT NEED TO BE REFORMED, BUT INFORCED.[/b]

The Senate passed S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, by a vote of 62 – 36 on May 25, 2006. I supported passage of this legislation. This bill must now be sent to a conference committee with the House immigration bill, H.R. 4437.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Harry Reid on immigration.
    I believe reform should include --- an opportunity for undocumented immigrants currently in this country to get right with the law and earn their way to U.S. citizenship if they work hard for several years, learn English, pay their taxes, pass a criminal background check, and pay fines and penalties for being here unlawfully.
    This "path to Citizenship" already exists. It is called returning to their country of origin and applying to enter like legal immigrants do!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great response Moosetracks.

I too have received similar letters from my Reps. Menendez and Lautenberg in the Senate. They want Amnesty. I receive nothing from House Rep. Smith which means to me he's on the fence or just does'nt want to admit his side of the issue.

Does anyone think we will march in protest this year against illegal immigratation and/or against NAU?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12