Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It is all about pandering to Hispanics for votes. That is why funding to the NCLR is on the table. That and if congress doesn't pander to minorities it is not considered PC and one gets to wear the label of racist. Most of our congress critters can't stand that even though it isn't true.

I just called Rep Bradys office

The man who answered the phone had to look up the bill. He sounded as though I'm the only one who has called about the bill. Surely not.......
    We the People. You the Invader

Couldn't groups of people sue the government if this travesty passes?
    Here is a lot of legal garbage that answers your question. Simply put, you can sue but wouldn't have a snowball's chance of winning.

The Speech and Debate Clause provides the "legislative acts" of a Senator or a Representative "shall not be questioned in any place." It applies in criminal as well as civil litigation involving the Senator or Representative, and provides absolute immunity to United States Senators and Representatives while they are engaged in legislative acts. United States v. Brewster, 408 U.S. 501 (1972); United States v. Helstoski, 442 U.S. 477 (1976). Its purpose is to assure the Congress a wide and unfettered latitude of freedom of speech in the deliberative process surrounding enacting legislation, and to shield that process from potential intimidation from the Executive and Judicial Branches. Gravel v. United States, 408 U.S. 606 (1972); Powell v. McCormick, 395 U.S. 486 (1969).

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/eousa/foia_re ... m02046.htm

Thanks for this information, zeezil...just point us in the right direction and we will pounce on this!!!

Can ALIPAC please comment on this situation?

We need to attack this with as much vigor as other bills we have opposed. Otherwise, our taxes will be used for the anti-American agenda of La Raza.

I am positive most Americans would be as outraged about this as they are regarding DLs for illegal aliens. Unfortunately, most Americans are oblivious to this bill. Many have no idea that La Raza even exists.

We must do everything in our power to expose all bills that are detrimental to our country. Illegal aliens are not entitled to anything from the hard-working U.S. taxpayers, and all bills designed to benefit them must be stopped.

I dont want Raza, La Raza or NCLR to get this money either. I wish the gov't would give me 5-10 million for 'housing'.

it may be best to wait til it gets to the house. Things like this are tough to kill in committee because they can always claim that it deserves debate by the committee first. Once it hits the house floor we hit and work to get it stripped out.

JRB
    Zeezil,
    What kind of crack are these guys smoking. I cant believe its even being considered. I told my Dad about that yesterday on the phone and I thought he was going to have a stroke. He was so mad that he said he wanted to hang up so he could call Senator Stabenow and Levin. My Dad knows a lot of people in Michigan and I hope he can stir them up and make a difference there. They have been pro amnesty and pro Illegal Immigrant all along. Its time for some Senators to loose their Jobs.

It's good to see the word getting out, JRB. Thanks for helping.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UPDATE: The Financial Services Committee will meet at approx. 1:15 today (Thursday, Nov.8 ), right after the floor vote is over on the House floor on the DOD bill.

What is expected to happen is this: The Committee will shoot down several Rebublican amendments that have been offered that removes outright funding (grants) to so-called non-profits and advocacy groups that actively campaign and conduct fund raising to affect Congress and elections. It's a roundabout way to get at La Raza. These amendments (the Price Amendment is one) are likely to fail. Then the vote on H.R. 4051 will take place and it is expected to pass.

The Financial Services Committee consists of 37 Democrats and 33 Rebublicans. There are a few Republicans (RINO's) that will vote for the bill, as will allmost all Democrats. It will then move out of committee and onto the House floor for scheduling. It is expected to be scheduled for action late this year or very early in 2008. I (or someone) will post the list of committee votes on the bill when it becomes available, probably sometime tomorrow.

If you have interest in watching the proceedings, you can click on the link presented at the top of this thread
    (or here: http://financialservices.house.gov/htbi ... ces&wait=2 )
    and see the proceedings live (expected to take place around 1:15 pm (or shortly afterwards) today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast