Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help Out with this DREAM Act issue - if you can

I have sent this flyer to all NATIONAL e-mail addresses I could find at the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW).

If you could get this into the hands of local posts, chapters, etc of any military support groups or organizations, it would go a long way toward our defeating the DREAM Act effort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DREAM Act will put illegal aliens into the U.S. Military

Do not let Illinois Senator Dick Durbin rewrite military recruitment law with the DREAM Act!

Do not let Dick Durbin conduct a grand social experiment in illegal alien servitude in the U.S. military.

Illegal aliens have never been allowed to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Now, Dick Durbin wants to rewrite the law. It is absolutely unacceptable to promote, much less actively recruit and accept illegal aliens into the military. The dangle of a permanent green card offered by Durbin is what the attraction is, not servitude for patriotism and love of America. How willing will these illegals be to continue their military service after 2 years when they receive their green cards?

Do you want your sons and daughters serving alongside illegal aliens bideing their time in the military until they receive their green cards.

The application process for this amnesty is ripe with fraud. It is well known that gang leaders encourage their "soldiers" to attempt entry into the U.S. military in order to receive training in weapons and military techniques. The DREAM Act will make this an open invitation.

Furthermore, there is no requirement that the illegals be able to speak English. This would cause huge training and communication issues. If Dick Durbin really feels that this is a non issue in that the illegals would already be "English capable", then why isn't the requirement written into the DREAM Act?

Open borders and amnesty loving Senators and Congressmen have already allowed destruction to the social, cultural and economic systems in our country. God forbid they do the same to the U.S. military!

There are many reasons to stop this bad legislation. The military service option is just one of the many problems with this ploy for amnesty.

The DREAM Act is up for vote in the U.S. Senate this week. We must stop this right now before it is too late. Contact your senators today and tell them you are against the DREAM Act.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zeezil, this is great! Thanks. I had an experience today that illustrates the consequences of not understanding English. Of course this is nothing compared to the dangers of combat.

I was in a gas station paying for a newspaper when the guy in front of me (Hispanic) was informed that his credit card was declined. The guy asked the clerk, "No work?" The clerk shook his head no, and the guy became irate and was fussing in Spanish. He was so mad, he left his cell phone on the counter. I yelled to him, "You left your cell phone!" He turned around, looked at me, and proceeded out the door fussing.

The clerk and the other lady just shook their heads.

I sent this flyer to my brother and he is taking it into the American Legion Post in Avon Lake, Ohio tonight to distribute to the members.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Help Out with this DREAM Act issue - if you can

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    [size=7]Illegal aliens have never been allowed to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces. Now, Dick Durbin wants to rewrite the law.
    Durbin is just blowing and going about something that has been in effect since WWII. These "Dreamers" (up to age 30) and their illegal parents could have earned citizenship, at any time, especially since "Dreamers" have been here since their childhood.

They just don't want to swear allegiance to America. Bottom line, they just want citizenship without a price. They don't deserve our consideration and when you call Durbin or any other Senator who supports this mention the fact that they have always had the opportunity to become a U.S. citizen, they choose to be non-citizens.

http://www.ilapmaine.org/citizenship.html

CITIZENSHIP THROUGH NATURALIZATION: The most common way a
    noncitizen becomes a U.S. citizen is through the naturalization process. Although there are exceptions to these general guidelines, to be eligible to naturalize to become a U.S. citizen, a noncitizen usually must:
    be over 18 years old;

have had permanent resident status (the "green card") for at least five years (if the noncitizen has been married to, and is still married to and living with a US citizen, only three years are required); My entire point here is fraudulent documentation among the illegals, green cards, fake SS cards, Drivers licenses, etc.

They (illegals have never once blanched at using false documentation)
    Ergo, my point, that Durbin is wrong.

have been physically present in the United States for at least 2 ½ years of the five years immediately preceding the filing of the naturalization application. S/he must also have lived in the state where s/he is filing the application for at least 3 months prior to filing the application;

be functionally fluent in spoken and written English, and be able to pass a test showing s/he understands the fundamentals of US history and of the US system of government. (There are limited exceptions to this for some people, based on disability, or age and length of residency);

have "good moral character;"

be willing to take an oath of allegiance to the United States. The oath includes being willing to bear arms on behalf of the US if the law were to require it.
    Some people can get their citizenship without meeting all of the above requirements, such as certain children, or persons who served with the US military in active duty status during certain periods of war.

Also, some noncitizen children may become US citizens automatically if one or both of their parents naturalize to become US citizens before the children turn 18 years old.
    Applications to naturalize are filed on INS form N-400 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (formerly INS).

Here's an example of what Americans are now asked and what is "PC" for illegals:

http://www.udel.edu/CSC/illegalQs.pdf

Understanding Illegal vs. Legal Interview Questions

It is not necessary to grant amnesty to millions in order to naturalize illegal aliens in our military. The “military optionâ€

What he just said. Only with less words.