Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Look whose talking!!! "Oh the mods here do a great job and they are soo busy" *kissy sounds*

Re: Hey everybody lookit me. I'm from texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno_Raider
    I'd tell people what I really think about texans

Go ahead, tell us what you really think about Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by hell2pay
    I'd tell people what I really think about texans

Go ahead, tell us what you really think about Texans.
    Yes, please do tell us what you think of a very broad, diverse demograghic that happens to have many, many good people in it....

Don't judge us by the politicians that so many of us scratch our heads over how the bippy they keep getting elected.

elpasoborn, I am sitting here aching that there is nothing I can do for you beyond hope and pray for things to get better.
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.

I lived in Miami for a long time. I also watch that show "48 Hours". About solving murders within 48 hours for those that have never watched it. It appears that most of the homicide dicks from the miami episodes are cubans. When they first started airing episodes from miami, those cops all had cuban flags on their desks. Don't see them much anymore (the cuban flags on the desks, that is). As far as mexican flags in the downtown Fort Worth area, that sickens me. We had a video involving a Vietnam vet on YouTube from here in Reno that showed this guy (older guy, naturally) pulling down a mexican flag which was flying over an American flag on a flagpole above a mexican bar and cutting the American flag loose and walking off with it. He said a few words in the video about taking down the flag in honor of his country. It's probably still available on YouTube. Now that was something to be proud of. (Actually, here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12kiMoyp88s).
    =========================

The actions of that American Veteran are what many other Americans have on their minds. We have to proceed with great discretion and diligence, without giving the enemy any room for excuses for remaining in this country illegally or desecrating our American Flag.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    I think they do too. But we LOVE the mods.
    They keep us "Honest" and since we can't cuss, we had to learn to read!
    ===========================

Now that right there is funny, that there is
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good to see you back, elpasoborn, but SO SORRY to hear about your troubles. I don't know how you continue to live in a place that treats you like a foreigner, but knowing you were born there probably makes it hard to think of leaving. I know it would almost kill me to think of my hometown in the same fix as El Paso.

I pray things will improve for you and your husband!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I used to "boast" about California (and was actually proud to be from here).
    Now, I just hang my head in shame. We are a laughing stock.

I give this place MAYBE another 10 years. I have a ten year plan here, but once my kids are grown - Im outta here to a state where I still at least "feel" like I have a voice....I am counting the days....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    I used to "boast" about California (and was actually proud to be from here).
    Now, I just hang my head in shame. We are a laughing stock.

I give this place MAYBE another 10 years. I have a ten year plan here, but once my kids are grown - Im outta here to a state where I still at least "feel" like I have a voice....I am counting the days....
    Ditto! I love Brooklyn and NYC but it's changed so much for the worse that I have a plan similar to yours. Right now our time frame is at least 1 or 2 more yrs if things go well but 5 tops if we are forced to adjust because of this bad economy.

Why is it everybody from texas trumpets it to the heavens like it's some kind of badge of honor? Only texans do it. Nobody from any other state feels the urge to boast about their state. I was pretty disgusted when that (expletive deleted), perry (bush wannabe) was applauded for executing over 200 prisoners. I'm all for the death penalty, but when those morons are executing innocent people and taking pride in it... I watched a documentary about that guy that was executed for immolating his kids? He was clearly innocent. I'd tell people what I really think about texans but I know some limp-wristed moderator would bounce this post if I did. Probably get bounced anyway.
    Whoa! Hold on there pardner. Yer gittin' my hackles up! Don't get yer spurs all caught up in your long johns! Not everybody down here in the wonderful state of Texas was born in a corn crib and raised in a boxcar. Me, I was born in a bed and raised in a grain silo right next to my pa's horse, Loco, but that's beside the point. Now, nigh on 200 years ago, give or take, we dealt with them Mexicans at the battle of San Jacinto after they caught us with our pants down at the Alamo. They wanted this here piece of ground and we said "Come and Take It". Well, they bushwhacked us and kilt all our brethren during them fearsome seven days of glory. (MOD EDIT) It might seem a smidgeon brutal to some of you city slickers up there in places like New York City but down here our motto is "keep your nose clean, don't rustle no cattle or horses and don't spit on the sidewalk". Seems to work pretty darn good seein' all the mean and nasty hombres pull up stake and ride off to greener pastures, like Chicago. Now, about all them illegal folks that think they can just ride into Texas and take what they want, well, we'll just see about that. We may be Texas hicks but we Remember the Alamo, and we Remember Goliad!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    Hello my ALIPAC friends! It has been many moons since I have posted anything. I have been following along on a regular basis however.
    I have not been in a very stable state of mind for quite a while due to personal problems. Namely that my family has suffered from very serious financial issues. I will remind you that we live in El Paso, TX. My husband works for the Border Patrol and I have been trying to find a job for about the last three years without success. I chose to post to this forum because it's about Texas. I no longer think of El Paso as actually being in Texas. We may not even been part of the United States anymore. It's a rare day when I hear people speaking English. There is absolutely nowhere that we can go that isn't overly crowded with Mexican people. So many wealthy Mexicans have moved to El Paso that they now own a huge majority of the business and property. This I feel is the number one reason why I haven't been able to find a job. Those business owners are only hiring their friends, relatives and Hispanics, Latin American's or whatever they are currently called. What we the taxpayers must pay in regards to benefits for illegals has continued to rise and they seem to get more and more benefits of all kinds of things. My husband has had two surgeries in the last year, one just recently and will not be working for the next three months. Both from work related injuries and both involving workman's comp. His last paycheck from the Border Patrol was only half a check. Next normal payday would be this coming Oct. 3 and at this moment in time we have no idea whatsoever if he will be getting paid anything from workman's comp. because no one can tell us. All of our savings was exhausted long ago. And now it seems that our lovely government medical insurance, Blue Cross is not being accepted by the doctors we have been going to. Blue Cross had barely covered anything for my care for a long time and because of finances, I have not actually gotten any kind of medical/dental care in probably three years. I have not posted here before now because frankly I have been so very angry about the illegals being catered to while we suffer endlessly, I was afraid I would spew out things that would be far to ugly to be posted. The sugar and cream came out in the news the other day, the fact that the Border Patrol was being accused of ABUSING the illegals. Is there no end to the bogus claims made by these pro illegal immigrant activist groups? It just burns me up that they are even given air time or print space to say such absurdities. And then of course there was the other news about the fact that 81% of new jobs in Texas has gone to immigrants, thus proving that I'm not dreaming it up as to why I can't get a job. A fact that Rick Perry seems to not mention when he talks about how Texas has had more new jobs than any other state. You can bet I will not be voting for Perry.
    elpasoborn, welcome back! I feel your pain. Wish I could ride down there and solve at least some of your problems. As for myself, I'm hangin' on by my fingernails. Haven't found a full time job in 3 years. It's a crime what's happening down there. Absolutely a crime!!!!! Please pass on my humble and sincere thanks to your husband for everything he does for us. He is truly a patriot in every sense of the word. Hang tough and stay positive. Sometimes the only way to go is up and that's a good thing!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123