Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispanics Losing Telemundo

I heard a clip on the news today about this, and the reporter was going to have a story on it later on on the show. I wasn't paying attention and missed it. Did anyone else see it?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Telemundo was bought by one of the larger networks so that may be the reason.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good I'm sick of seeing their ugly half naked women shaking that fat at 2am when I'm trying to find a good show to watch. I wish I wouldn't have to come across that because now I'm haivng nightmares trying to sleep.
    "I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio" - Rodney Dangerfield

Who is buying Telemundo? I thought NBC owned Telemundo. Is there something bigger tha NBC? I really hope that NBC will divest itself of Telemundo...what a conflict of interest!

General Electric owns NBC. I think NBC bought the Telemundo channel in 2001.

From March '07.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796 ... id=14&cs=1

No. 2 U.S. Hispanic web Telemundo has revamped its entertainment division in a bid to narrow its wide ratings gap with rival Univision.

The NBC Universal unit has realigned responsibilities within programming, scheduling, entertainment content, strategy, productions and on-air promotions under the baton of recently appointed entertainment exec veep Carlos Bardasano.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

if you want T&A along with your news, you can have it on many Mex Tv news programs.... trying to outdo the FoxNews and MSNBC trend to "looks"...
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

UNIVISION is also a US corporation, was owned by Americans, although the owners of TELEVISA in Mexico had a part ownership. Univsion uses Televisa programs...

from WIKIPEDIA:

Univision is a Spanish-language television network in the United States. It has the largest Hispanic audience, largely due to repurposed telenovelas and other Mexican programs produced by Grupo Televisa. Joe Uva is the CEO of Univision Communications, inc.

Univision is headquartered now in New York City, after years of being in Los Angeles, [1] and its major production facilities/operations are in Miami, Florida. It is available on cable in most of the country, with local stations in several markets with large Hispanic populations. Most of these stations air full local news and programming in addition to network shows. Univision's major programming is closed-captioned in Spanish, but unlike main competitor Telemundo, it almost never provides English subtitles.

The network was sold in March, 2006, to a consortium led by Jewish-Egyptian billionaire Haim Saban, TPG Capital, L.P. and Thomas H. Lee Partners for $12.3 billion or $36.25 per share plus $1.4 billion in acquired debt. On March 12, 2006 The buyout left the company with a debt level of twelve times its annual cash flow, which was twice the norm in buyouts done over the previous two years. [2]

Telemundo is an American television network based in Hialeah, Florida. Launched in San Juan, Puerto Rico by Angel Ramos in 1954, it is the second-largest Spanish-language content producer in the world.[1] It is also the second-largest Spanish language network in the US, behind Univision. Telemundo is also the only Spanish-language network currently producing telenovelas in the United States.[2] Many programs air with closed captions in both Spanish and English. The network reaches 93 percent of U.S. Hispanic households in 142 markets via over-the-air, cable and satellite TV.[3]

Telemundo Communications Group, its parent company, is part of the NBC Universal division of General Electric, which paid $2.7 billion for the operation in 2002. Don Browne is the Telemundo's president. Jeff Gaspin, who is president and COO of Universal Television Group, oversees the network. Telemundo has 1,800 employees.[4]
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Whatever!! I can agree that seeing the woman doing serious news in Spanish with her well endowed breasts hanging half out of her blouse is really crude and shows the absolute inmaturity of the viewers who need to see this in order to even watch about current events. But....it seems that most of their programming is like that, a good thirty or so years behind us when it comes to sexism. Then again, they are good at the "ism's" aren't they?

Let's hope they can be liquidated soon, that would be good.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)