Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Hot topic, another issue in Denver, Bail Hearing for Illegal

I was listening to 630KHOW Peter Boyles Talk show this morning, Tom Tancredo came on, some guy from VDARE, we need to get some to call in from ALIPAC (i was stuck in traffic no cell phone), Peter Boyles is all about the illegal immigration problem. Please listen all the week, I think Peter will be talking about this tomorrow morning. Peter and some others were really into organizing people to show up at the courthouse. I wonder if TT will be there? If I have time I just may have to show up. We need to organize something. Anyone else ready??????????

just click here for more details:

http://www.khow.com/hosts/peterboyles.html

Bail Hearing for Accused Hit & Run Driver

As discussed on Peter's show today, we have posted the police record for Roberto Martinez-Ruiz, the man accused of a fatal hit and run accident last July. The bail reduction hearing is set for this Friday at 8:30am at Adams County Courtroom E.

Read the initial news story

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/print/3 ... etail.html
    http://www.khow.com/img/part2.gif
    http://www.khow.com/img/part1.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 9, 2005

Brent Flabiano
    American Terrazzo Company, LTD
    309 Gold Street
    Garland, TX 75042

Dear Mr. Flabiano:

It has come to my attention, that there may be some anomalies with regard to the social security numbers of some or all of the employees currently working for American Terrazzo Company on the Newton Auditorium project. There appear to be inconsistencies with regard to the names of the workers and the social security numbers associated with them.

While it is not within our purview, or generally our ability, to verify social security numbers or the legal employment status of individuals working for independent contractors performing work on City projects – that is the right and responsibility of the contractor- we do have an obligation to notify the contractor, subcontractor or any other responsible party if we have reason to believe that any local, state, or federal law, rule or regulation is not being complied with or followed, including rules, regulations and laws related to immigration and legitimate work status in the United States.

As you know per the terms of all City construction contracts, all contractors, subcontractors or those working under their direction, on City projects, are responsible for following all local, state, and federal rules, regulations and laws.

Please confirm that all local, state, and federal rules, regulations and laws are being complied with in regard to this.

Sincerely,

Dennis J. Gallagher
    Auditor

cc: John Hickenlooper, Mayor
    Cole Finegan, City Attorney
    All City Council Members
    Jack Finlaw, Theaters and Arenas
    Trey Nobles, PCL Constructors
    __________________________________________________ ____________

THE PETER BOYLES SHOW
    WEEKDAYS 5-9 AM MST

listen live and regsiter for free: http://www.khow.com/misc/listenlive.html

Here is Peter's email address:

peterboyles@clearchannel.com

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/7newsin ... etail.html

Family Of Hit-And-Run Victim Angry That Illegal Immigrant Was Never Deported
    Martinez-Ruiz Had Numerous Arrests, But Immigration Was Never Notified

POSTED: 10:54 am MST February 8, 2005
    UPDATED: 4:21 pm MST February 8, 2005

DENVER -- The family of a 32-year-old hit-and-run victim is angry after they found out that the man accused in the killing is a person who should have never been driving, or even been in the country.

Justin John Steven Goodman was killed when his motorcycle was hit by an SUV driver who fled the scene.

Justin Goodman's family is demanding answers, for themselves, and so others aren't put in danger.

"He was a very good husband, he was a really good father. He adored his family, and he had many good friends," said Carol Vizzi, Goodman's mother. "If somebody needed money, Justin was there. If somebody needed a hug or emotional counseling, Justin was there. If they needed somebody to talk to, he was there."

Goodman was riding his motorcycle through a Thornton, Colo., intersection the night of July 1, 2004 when he was struck by a Ford Explorer. The truck never stopped, sailing through 88th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard. Goodman died near the curb where he was thrown by the impact. Justin's uncle called his mother to tell her the bad news.

"I don't know that I have words to describe it. It was instant horror," Vizzi said.

Thornton investigators spent months tracking down the suspect and finally arrested 33-year-old Roberto Martinez-Ruiz. His photo has not released pending witness identification.

But 7NEWS Investigators have found that since 1996, Martinez-Ruiz used six different aliases, had arrests for driving under the influence, failure to appear in court, probation violation, careless driving, driving with a revoked license, and hit and run. He has spent time in jail and in 2000, his license was revoked for five years.

"How could he possibly escape justice this many times and put out on the street where he was able to kill Justin? I mean, we were outraged," Vizzi said.

Martinez-Ruiz is also an illegal immigrant who used phony documents. And despite all the arrests, time in jail, and appearances in court, 7NEWS has confirmed that no local law enforcement agency, prosecutor or judge ever contacted federal immigration officials in Denver to have him deported.

"You should be accountable for what you've done to the system here, and then you should go back to where you came from so that you're not going to commit additional crimes here," said Bob Grant, a recently retired Adams County district attorney who now heads the State District Attorney's Council.

Martinez-Ruiz was arrested in Grant's jurisdiction but since he never committed a violent crime, no one ever bothered to inform immigration officials.

"Frankly, I don't think a lot of people are checking real hard on things like traffic tickets simply because the resources would not allow them to deal with all the people who confront the system and are not legal," Grant said.

"Anybody who goes in the court system, we should be getting contact on that," said Jeff Copp, the agent in charge of Immigration and Customs Enforcement or ICE.

He estimates there are now more than 10,000 illegal immigrants in Colorado. Even though the majority have no criminal records, he said he understands why Goodman's family is so upset.

"I'm deeply sorry. He should have been under our radar screen. We should have been contacted by state and locals with the rap sheet this guy has, and I don't know why we haven't had contact with him before," Copp said.

But even if ICE had been contacted, Martinez-Ruiz is only one of hundreds of illegal immigrants in the state who had committed nonviolent crimes. There are not enough agents to find and arrest them, or jail facilities to hold them.

Copp said that if he had the resources, he could easily go out and pick up 100 people whom he knew are illegal.

"We just don't have the space for them," Copp said.

But for those families who have suffered such a loss, such as Goodman's family, that is little consolation.

"We as a society gave him the message that he could break our laws and get away with it and continue that type of behavior and not suffer any real severe consequences for it," said Vizzi. "If people start paying attention, then maybe something can change so some other mother and some other wife and some other little girl do not have to deal with the pain and the suffering and the horror of losing somebody as precious as Justin."

Despite all the talk about the increased funding for Homeland Security, ICE in Denver simply cannot deal with low-level, nonviolent crime. They don't have the agents or the jail space, 7NEWS Investigator John Ferrugia said.

Copp and his crew are focused on busting smuggling operations, not only at the border, but here in the states, where some are assisting illegal immigrants with housing and phony documents.

The story is a microcosm of the frustration so many people, including law enforcement and judges, feel when they're dealing with the illegal immigration issue, Ferrugia said.

Have a comment about this story? Contact our 7NEWS Investigators. E-mail 7NEWSInvestigates@TheDenverChannel.com.

"The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

The people of Colorado should be outraged about this. I am. At this point I can only pray to God that this madness stops at least in other states. If they would stop the ski and bree thang they could handle up. However, it appears to me, and someone from that state please correct me, that the santuary mind set has settled in. That is a shame. This husband and father was slaughtered by a double criminal: once for being here in the first place ILLEGALLY, and for the hit and run. How does an illegal alien have rights to bail anyway? This is not a rhetorical question. Someone enlighten me. Law is not my deal. However, I hope is released to Sixx's Home for the Criminally Insane and Car Wash. I feel I can help this young man.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

So Sixx,

About your car washing business.

You are paying at least minimum wage, right?

tms

Peter Boyles, TT, I, others and the family our outraged! His rap sheet is pages and pages long. This goes on all the time. Goodman is not alone. Please remember, the officers of Adams county were great according to Goodman's family they called ICE on this guy. This judge is the problem and the Adam's county courthouse. If it was you or I doing something like this we wouldn't be getting a hearing for bail reduction. We would be facing charges and jail time. We need people to protest with signs this Friday.

I bet this guy won't even show up and is on his way to MEXICO. His family is already back there. I think ICE got hold of them. Word is his family, illegal just like him were able to get really nice houses with FHA mortgages. Here I am living in a small apartment. Rich keep getting richer, "middle class" is disappearing. Making money off of ILLEGALS! FHA why don’t you help or didn’t help all those legal citizens get mortgages. Someday our dream is just to have a little backyard for our child to play in……..

Peter's talk shows his great. We need to get him aware of ALIPAC he will get the word out. E-mail sent....

SIXX, I don't think it's going to stop in other states, I hope it does though. It's not stopping in Colorado, Denver. Our only hope is a new mayor to pass something that goes against what former Mayor Webb passed. Even then we still have the local police depts. and federal laws to worry about.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Update to this story. However I think 28 years isn't long enough.

www.thedenverchannel.com

lllegal Immigrant Convicted Of Deadly Hit-And-Run
    Justin Goodman's Family Relieved That Martinez-Ruiz Now Locked Up

POSTED: 6:56 am MDT July 22, 2005
    UPDATED: 7:16 am MDT July 22, 2005

An illegal immigrant could spend 28 years in prison for his role in the hit-and-run death of a motorcyclist.

Justin John Steven Goodman was killed when his motorcycle was hit by an SUV driver who fled the scene.

Roberto Martinez-Ruiz was convicted Thursday on seven criminal counts in the accident, including leaving the scene and tampering with evidence to cover up a crime.

Justin Goodman, 32, was riding his motorcycle through an intersection in Thornton last July 1 when he was hit by a Ford Explorer. The truck never stopped, sailing through 88th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard. Goodman died near the curb where he was thrown by the impact.

Thornton investigators spent months tracking down the suspect and finally arrested 33-year-old Martinez-Ruiz. Martinez is an illegal immigrant who police say had phony immigration documents and had been in trouble with the law several times before.

"This is a man that got away with his crimes over and over again and today he found out that particular behavior pattern is over," said Carol Vizzi, Goodman's mother.

"Justin left a lot of loved ones behind and we wanted everyone to know that," said the victim's wife, Christine Goodman.

It was a 7NEWS investigation that revealed that no local law enforcement agency, prosecutor, or judge ever contacted federal immigration officials to have Martinez-Ruiz deported after his numerous arrests and time spent in jail.

Since 1996, Martinez-Ruiz used six different aliases, had arrests for driving under the influence, failure to appear in court, probation violation, careless driving, driving with a revoked license, and hit and run.

He has spent time in jail and in 2000, his license was revoked for five years.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I got my pictures of the house a few blocks from me where they fly the Mexican flag 24 -7. I will post it tomorrow. Just down the street from the Catholic Church where they have added the second mass in Spanish. Neighborhood is going to $#@! little by little. It will be %75 MEXICAN in 10 years....lived in LA and seen that!

Everyone I talk to is peeved with illegals (EVEN DEMOCRATS!) but again, when your elected politiccians do nothing?????????????????????????????????